Bioreactors Market Overview
Bioreactors Market size is estimated to reach 2.1Bn, growing at a CAGR of 6.91% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Bioreactors are devices used to develop biological processes by closely monitoring controlled environment. It is a closed system used for bioprocessing, that supports the growth of cells or tissues and organisms (yeast, bacteria, or animal cells) under controlled conditions. Bioreactors are used in industrial processes to produce vaccines, antibodies and others. It converts raw materials into useful byproducts in the bioconversion of corn into ethanol. These are commonly cylindrical, ranging in size from liters to cubic meters, and are often made of stainless steel. Single-use material is widely used in the field of mammalian cell culture and is now rapidly replacing conventional bioreactors owing towards increase the quality of the end product by reducing automation complexity.
The report: “Bioreactors Market – Forecast (2020-2025)”, by IndustryARC covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Bioreactors Market.
By Type: Continuous Stirred Tank Bioreactors, Bubble Column Bioreactors, Airlift Bioreactors, Fluidized Bed Bioreactors, Packed Bed Bioreactors and Photo-Bioreactors.
By Control Type: Manual Control and Automated Control.
By Application: Lab-Scale Production, Pilot-Scale Production and Full-Scale Production.
By Material: Glass, Stainless Steel and Single-Use Plastic Polymer.
By End User: Research & Development, Biopharmaceutics and Others.
By Geography: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World.
- The increase in the number of personalized medicines coupled with rising number of FDA approved orphan drugs has increased bio production, accelerating the bioreactors demand over the forecast years.
- Rising chronic diseases and favorable government initiatives to improve healthcare infrastructure is likely to be the major driving factor for the market’s growth.
- Asia-Pacific region is projected to record the fastest growth rate during the forecast period 2020-2025
By Type - Segment Analysis
In 2019, Continuous Stirred Tank Bioreactors segment dominated the Bioreactors Market in terms of revenue is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.91% owing towards rising production of monoclonal antibodies (MAb) therapeutics and other biological using animal cell cultures. The continuous stirred-tank reactors are the equipped with an impeller for homogenizing culture media and a sparger for delivering oxygen to the cells. It has increased surface area for oxygen transfer, so there is an increased yield of products. These are mostly used in processing of industries, in homogeneous liquid-phase flow reactions, where constant agitation is required and which further is used in pharmaceutical industries abetting towards the growth of the market.
Geography - Segment Analysis
In 2019, the North America region dominated Bioreactors Market in terms of revenue with a market share of 41.8% owing towards rising public & private funding for R&D in this region. In U.S., National Institute of Health (NIH) collaborated with 11 biopharmaceutical companies to launch the “Partnership for Accelerating Cancer Therapies (PACT)”, public-private research collaboration. The aim of the collaboration is to develop immunotherapy for cancers with total investment of $215m aids to the market’s growth. Government has taken initiatives to promote technological advancements and initiatives to escalate the drug development process are key factors in the growth of the Bioreactors market. Asia Pacific is set to record the fastest growth rate during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Drivers – Bioreactors Market
Rapid Growth Of Single Use Bioreactors In Biopharmaceutical Industries
The increasing adoption of single use bioreactors by biopharmaceutical companies and various research institutions is driving the growth of the market. Single use bioreactors are more feasible than traditional bioreactors for small-scale research and lab-scale applications as they are more economical and flexible. The use of SUBs for the production of biopharmaceutical companies are increasing, as it tends to be more cost-effective for small-scale operations are driving the markets growth.
Challenges – Bioreactors Market
Major Regulatory Concerns
Regulatory concerns regarding usage of bioreactors and growing stringent government policy and regulation toward market growth is restraining growth of the market. Lack of sufficient storage facilities, vulnerability to leaching and transportation is hindering the market’s growth. Also, large-scale disposal of plastic derivatives is a growing environmental concern restraining the business growth over the forecast years.
Bioreactors Industry Outlook
Product Launches was the key strategy of the players in the Bioreactors Industry. Bioreactors top 10 companies include Danaher Corporation, Sartorius AG, Eppendorf AG, ZETA Holding GmbH, Applikon Biotechnology B.V., Solaris Biotechnology srl, Pierre Guerin Technologies, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Finesse Solutions, Inc. and Merck KGaA.
- In May 2019, Sartorius AG, a leading international partner of the biopharmaceutical industry launched ambr® 15 cell culture automated microbioreactor system. It offers increased flexibility and expanded capability for clone selection, media and feed optimization and early process development work.
- In March 2020, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. to acquire QIAGEN, a leading provider of life science and molecular diagnostic solutions. This acquisition provided opportunity to leverage the industry-leading capabilities and R&D expertise to accelerate innovation and address emerging healthcare needs.
- In March 2020, Danaher Corporation acquired Biopharma business from General Electric Company's (NYSE: GE) Life Sciences division. This acquisition helped company by driving its growth across multiple categories and in reaching more consumers.
1. Bioreactors Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Bioreactors Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends
2.2 Key trends by Type
2.3 Key trends by End User
2.4 Key rends by Geography
3. Bioreactors Market
3.1 Market Share Analysis
3.2 Comparative Analysis
3.2.1 Product Benchmarking – Key Companies
3.2.2 Patent Analysis
3.2.3 Pricing Analysis
3.2.4 Financial Analysis– Key Companies
4. Bioreactors Market - Startup Companies Scenario Premium
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Bioreactors Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium Premium
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Bioreactors Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters Five Force Model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Bioreactors Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. Bioreactors Market – By Type (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
8.1 Continuous Stirred Tank Bioreactors
8.2 Bubble Column Bioreactors
8.3 Airlift Bioreactors
8.4 Fluidized Bed Bioreactors
8.5 Packed Bed Bioreactors
9. Bioreactors Market – By Control Type (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
9.1 Manual Control
9.2 Automated Control
10. Bioreactors Market – By Application (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
10.1 Lab-Scale Production
10.2 Pilot-Scale Production
10.3 Full-Scale Production
11. Bioreactors Market – By Material (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
11.2 Stainless Steel
11.3 Single-Use Plastic Polymer
12. Bioreactors Market – By End User (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
12.1 Research & Development
13. Bioreactors Market - By Geography (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
13.1 North America
13.2.6 Rest of Europe
13.3.4 South Korea
13.3.5 Australia & New Zealand
13.3.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
13.4 Rest of the World
13.4.1 Middle East
13.4.3 South America
14. Bioreactors Market - Entropy
15. Bioreactors Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape Premium
15.1 Market Share Analysis
15.1.1 Market Share by Region – Key companies
15.1.2 Market Share by Countries – Key Companies
15.1.3 Best Practices for Companies
16. Bioreactors Market – Key Company List by Country Premium Premium
17. Bioreactors Market Company Analysis
17.1 Company 1
17.2 Company 2
17.3 Company 3
17.4 Company 4
17.5 Company 5
17.6 Company 6
17.7 Company 7
17.8 Company 8
17.9 Company 9
17.10 Company 10
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.