Analytical Standards Market - Industry Analysis, Market Size, Share, Trends, Growth and Forecast 2021 - 2026
Analytical Standards Market Overview
Analytical Standards Market size is estimated to reach $1.5 Billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 5.9% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Analytical Standards are biochemical properties and values that have been analyzed to be healthy and usable by health organizations around the world. These standards study the quality and purity of medicines and complex medicine. Also, these standards are used to perform tests or calibrate the analyzer. Through these standards, health organizations can achieve optimum performance and compliance. The increased focus on optimum food safety and quality, the increased demand for analytical techniques in protein and metabolism, and the strict regulatory scenario in the pharmaceutical industry are the few factors responsible for the high annual compound rate growth of the market during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Analytical Standards Market Report Coverage
The report: “Analytical Standards Market Forecast (2020-2025)”, by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Analytical Standards Market.
By Category: Organic Analytical Standards, Inorganic Analytical Standards.
By Technique: Chromatography Standards, Spectroscopy Standards, Titrimetry Standards, and Physical Properties Testing Standards.
By Application: Food and Beverages, Forensics, Veterinary, Environmental, Petrochemistry, Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences Standards.
By Geography: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and Rest of World
- Geographically, North America’s Analytical Standards market accounted for the highest revenue share in 2019 and it is poised to dominate during the forecast period 2020-2025 owing to the rising life science research funding, along with the increasing number of clinical trials.
- Rigid storage requirements for analytical standards act as challenge to hamper the growth for the forecast period 2020-2025.
- Analytical Standards based on application has Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences Standards segment leading the market share in 2019.
- Chromatography segment is expected to account for the largest share of the global analytical standards market and is also expected to grow at the highest CAGR attributed to rising food safety concerns, product launches, growing importance of chromatography tests in drug approvals, stringent regulatory environment for the pharmaceutical industry, and increased government funding for life sciences R&D.
By Category - Segment Analysis
The global Analytical Standards Market based on category has organic and inorganic. The organic segment registers for the highest market share in 2019 and is set to continue for the forecast period (2020-2025). The segment is set to emerge owing to increasing public-private investment for various research studies and increasing drug development activities and clinical trials.
By Technique - Segment Analysis
The technique segment of Analytical Standards Market has Chromatography Standards, Spectroscopy Standards, Titrimetry Standards, Physical Properties Testing Standards. Chromatography Standards registered high revenue in the year 2019 and is poised to grow at the highest CAGR of 6.5% for the forecast period (2020-2025). The growth is owing to its high performance in identification and separating the impurities with the simplest procedures. Furthermore, the availability of equipment, reagents and reference standards for various chromatography such as liquid chromatography, gas chromatography, and others have increased their demand.
By Geography - Segment Analysis
The global Analytical Standards Market by geography had the dominant share in North America with 37% in terms of revenue in 2019 owing to the rising life science research funding, along with the increasing number of clinical trials and government support for the massive spending on research activities in the region. Furthermore, Asia-Pacific is estimated to increase with highest CAGR of 6.9% during the forecast period 2020-2025, owing to growing public & private investments in the biotechnology industry and surging utilization of analytical technologies in Japan.
Drivers – Analytical Standards Market
- Stringent regulations in the pharmaceutical industry
The demand for Analytical Standards is driving forward owing to the increase in focus on drug safety. As ineffective, poor quality/unsafe medicines can result in therapeutic failure, drug resistance, or even death of a patient. In order to protect public health and facilitate international trade, various laws and regulations are introduced in the pharmaceutical industry.
Challenges – Analytical Standards Market
- Lack of well-trained and skilled laboratory technicians
Proper selection and preparation of analytical standards at the time of investigations is very important to ensure accuracy and reproducibility in the analysis. However, lack of knowledge regarding the right choice of technique and analytical standards incurs several direct and indirect expenses. This has become a challenge for the growth of market for the forecast period 2020-2025.
Analytical Standards Industry outlook:
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the Analytical Standards Market. Key companies of this market are Merck KGaA, Agilent Technologies Inc, Waters Corporation, Restek Corporation, SpexCertiprep, Accustandard Inc, LGC Standards, Perkinelmer, Inc, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc and General Electric Company.
- In August 2019, LGC acquired Toronto Research Chemicals (“TRC”), a manufacturer and supplier of synthetic organic bio-chemicals that are used as reference standards and research tools in the pharmaceutical, applied, and research sectors.
- In February 2018, Merck KGaA announced plans to expand its manufacturing capacity & distribution centers in India. The company invested around US$19.21m in a new manufacturing and distribution center for its life science business.
1. Analytical Standards Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Analytical Standards Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Category
2.3 Key trends by Technique
2.4 Key trends by Application
2.5 Key trends by Geography
3. Analytical Standards Market – Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking – Key Companies
3.2 Financial Analysis – Key Companies
3.3 Market Value Split by Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis – Key Companies
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Analytical Standards Market - Startup Companies Scenario Premium
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Analytical Standards Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium Premium
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Analytical Standards - Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters five force model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Analytical Standards Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. Analytical Standards Market – By Category (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
8.1 Organic Analytical Standards
8.2 Inorganic Analytical Standards
9. Analytical Standards Market – By Technique (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
9.1 Chromatography Standards
9.2 Spectroscopy Standards
9.3 Titrimetry Standards
9.4 Physical Properties Testing Standards
10. Analytical Standards Market – By Application (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
10.1 Food & Beverages
10.1.1 Mycotoxin Standards
10.1.2 GMO (Genetically Modified Organisms) Standards
10.1.3 Fatty Acid/Lipid/Fame Standards
10.1.4 Food Additive Standards
10.1.5 Flavors and Fragrance Standards
10.1.6 Carbohydrate Standards
10.1.7 Peptide/Amino Acid Standards
10.2.1 Doping Standards
10.2.2 Drugs-Of-Abuse Standards
10.3.1 Antibiotic Standards
10.3.2 Hormone Standards
10.4.1 Pesticide Standards
10.4.2 Volatiles/Semi-Volatiles Standards
10.4.3 Flame-Retardant Standards
10.4.4 Aroclor/Pcb, and Dioxin Standards
10.4.5 Alkylphenol Standards
10.4.6 Solid Waste Standards
10.5.1 Gasoline, Diesel, and Petroleum Standards
10.5.2 Bio-fuel Standards
10.6 Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences Standards
10.6.1 Cosmetic Standards
10.6.2 Herbal Drug/Phytopharmaceutical Standards
10.6.3 Pharmaceutical Secondary Standards
10.6.4 Pharmaceutical Impurity Reference Standards
10.6.5 Fluorescent Microparticle Standards
11. Analytical Standards Market - By Geography (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
11.1 North America
11.2.6 Rest of Europe
11.3.4 South Korea
11.3.5 Australia & New Zealand
11.3.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
11.4 Rest of the World
11.4.1 Middle East
11.4.3 South America
12. Analytical Standards Market - Entropy
13. Analytical Standards Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape Premium
13.1 Market Share Analysis
13.1.1 Global Market Share – Key Companies
13.1.2 Market Share by Region – Key companies
13.1.3 Market Share by Countries – Key Companies
13.1.4 Best Practices for Companies
14. Analytical Standards Market – Key Company List by Country Premium Premium
15. Analytical Standards Market Company Analysis
15.1 Company 1
15.2 Company 2
15.3 Company 3
15.4 Company 4
15.5 Company 5
15.6 Company 6
15.7 Company 7
15.8 Company 8
15.9 Company 9
15.10 Company 10
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.