Viral Clearance Market size in 2019 is estimated to be $280 million, growing at a CAGR of 21.5% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Viral clearance is an essential process in development for monoclonal antibodies, recombinant proteins and glycoproteins, tissue and blood-derived products and medical devices. Viral clearance is an important process during the downstream purification of therapeutic biologics, blood, and tissue-derived products. Increasing prevalence of chronic viral infections and technological advancement are the major factors driving the growth of the market. Moreover, rising geriatric population, increasing R&D activities and increasing healthcare expenditure further enhance the overall market demand for viral clearance during the forecast period 2020-2025.
The report: “Viral Clearance Market – Forecast (2020-2025)”, by IndustryARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Viral Clearance Market:
By Method: Viral Removal, Viral Inactivation
By Application: Cellular & Gene Therapy Products, Recombinant Proteins, Blood and Blood Products, Vaccines, and Others
By End-Use Industries: Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies, Contract Research Organizations, Academic Research Institutes, and Others
By Geography: North America, Europe, APAC, and RoW
- In 2019, North America dominates the viral clearance market owing to advanced healthcare infrastructure, advanced instruments and technologies and increasing healthcare expenditure.
- Increasing prevalence of chronic viral infections and technological advancement is driving the market growth of viral clearance.
- Detailed analysis of the Strength, Weakness, and opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the viral clearance market report.
- High cost of technology and lack of skilled professional are challenging the growth of the market.
Method - Segment Analysis
Based on the Method, Viral Clearance Market is segmented into viral removal, viral inactivation. Viral Removal segment is forecast to be the fastest-growing segment and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 18% during the forecast period 2020-2025. This is mainly owing to high accuracy, speed, and flexibility provided by the method in life sciences research, and increasing acceptance of the method in the industry. Moreover, growth in R&D activities for the development of this method are contributing the growth of this segment.
End-Use Industries - Segment Analysis
Based on the End-Use Industries, Viral Clearance Market is segmented into Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies, Contract Research Organizations, Academic Research Institutes, and Others. In 2019, pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies held the largest share in the viral clearance market. This is mainly owing to increased usage of these products for the purpose of drug development and drug manufacturing that are contributing to the growth of this segment.
Geography - Segment Analysis
North America dominated the viral clearance market share accounting for 40% of the market in 2019. This is mainly owing to advanced healthcare infrastructure, advanced instruments and technologies and increasing healthcare expenditure. According to U.S. Food and Drug Association, vital clearance has been made mandatory step for investigation of new drugs in the view of safety concerns that are contributing the growth of this market.
However, the Asia-Pacific region is forecast to be the fastest-growing during the forecast period 2020-2025. This is owing to the growth in healthcare infrastructure and rising awareness among people about disease.
Drivers – Viral Clearance Market
- Increasing Prevalence of Chronic Viral Infection
Rising prevalence of chronic viral infections and diseases is increasing demand for efficient treatment method are some factors driving the growth of viral inactivation market. Moreover, increase investment in the life science sector, rising number of new drug launches and increase in R&D innovation are also set to increase the market growth.
- Technological Advancements
Technological Advancements and increasing healthcare expenditure are some factors driving the growth of the market. Moreover, technological evolution in the medical industry increasing the demand for viral clearance process and developing new & enhanced therapies to tackle the rise in many diseases such as nano filtration technology and increasing drug discoveries further contributing the growth of viral clearance market.
Challenges – Viral Clearance Market
High cost associated with the development of products and technology and lack of skilled professional are challenging the growth of the market. Moreover, time-consuming process of drug development and some problems associated with the virus clearance process such as virus aggregate formulation, protein crosslinking and protein denaturation and degradation are further restraining its market growth during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Viral Clearance Industry Outlook
Product launches, Merger & Acquisitions, joint ventures and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the Viral Clearance Market. Viral Clearance top 10 companies are Merck KGaA, Danaher corporation, Sartorius AG, Charles River, SGS SA, PARKER HANNIFIN CORP, Clean Cells, Rad Source Technologies, Texcell and WuXi AppTec.
- On 27 September 2019, Merck KGaA has acquisition with Pfizer Inc. and launches new drug BAVENCIO for the removal of virus and also helps to treat many diseases such as cancers including, renal cell carcinoma, metastatic and many more.
- On 1 March 2019, Clean Cells has acquisition with NAOBiOS for the development of viral vaccines and used for the treatment of many diseases.
1. Viral Clearance Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Viral Clearance Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Method
2.3 Key trends by Application
2.4 Key trends by End-Use Industries
2.5 Key trends by Geography
3. Viral Clearance Market Landscape
3.1 Market Share Analysis- Key Companies
3.2 Product Benchmarking- Key Companies
3.3 Financial Analysis - Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis - Key Companies
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Viral Clearance Market - Startup companies Scenario Premium (Premium)
4.1 Key startup company Analysis by
4.1.3 Application Analysis
4.1.4 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Viral Clearance Market - Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium (Premium)
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of successful ventures
6. Viral Clearance Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters Five Force Model
6.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining Powers of Customers
6.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry Among Existing Players
6.3.5 Threat of Substitutes
7. Viral Clearance Market- Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. Viral Clearance Market– By Method (Market Size -$Million/$Billion)
8.1 Viral Removal
8.2 Viral Inactivation
8.2.1 Low pH
8.2.2 Solvent Detergent Method
9. Viral Clearance Market– By Application (Market Size -$Million/$Billion)
9.1 Cellular & Gene Therapy Products
9.2 Recombinant Proteins
9.3 Blood and Blood Products
10. Viral Clearance Market– By End-Use Industries (Market Size -$Million/$Billion)
10.1 Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
10.2 Contract Research Organizations
10.3 Academic Research Institutes
11. Viral Clearance Market- By Geography (Market Size -$Million/$Billion)
11.1 North America
11.2.6 Rest of Europe
11.3.3 South Korea
11.3.5 Australia & New Zealand
11.3.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
11.4 Rest of the World
11.4.1 Middle East
11.4.3 South America
12. Viral Clearance Market– Entropy
13. Viral Clearance Market Industry / Segment Competition landscape Premium (Premium)
13.1 Market Share Analysis
13.1.1 Market Share by Country- Key companies
13.1.2 Market Share by Region- Key companies
13.1.3 Market Share at Global Level- Key companies
13.1.4 Best Practices for Companies
14. Viral Clearance Market- Key Company List by Country Premium (Premium)
15. Viral Clearance Market Company Analysis
15.1 Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
15.2 Company 1
15.3 Company 2
15.4 Company 3
15.5 Company 4
15.6 Company 5
15.7 Company 6
15.8 Company 7
15.9 Company 8
15.10 Company 9
15.11 Company 10 and more
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.