OTC Orthopedic Braces Market Overview
OTC Orthopedic Braces Market Size is estimated to reach $834.5 million by 2027. Furthermore, it is poised to grow at a CAGR of 5.1% over the forecast period of 2022-2027. Orthopedic braces are medical devices that support and govern the body's joints. Orthopedic braces are used to keep limbs in place and to initiate certain movements or motions in the body. The braces can also be used to repair structural defects and compensate for weak muscles. Orthopedic braces are commonly used for disease control and prevention. Moreover, they are also used to diagnose cerebral palsy, spina bifida, spinal cord injury, scoliosis, and to treat the consequences of a stroke. After knee joint procedures, braces are also used to keep the joints immobile and regulate mobility while the joints heal. Knee braces are used in patient care to relieve discomfort and provide support for the anterior cruciate ligament and posterior cruciate ligament injuries. Many people wear braces to provide extra support and prevent joint issues. Athletes like football and rugby players especially use braces to prevent injuries. These braces are made to give mechanical strength and support to help relieve pain from sprains, strains, and other musculoskeletal disorders. Over-the-counter braces are available in a number of pre-made sizes at drug stores. These are affordable and can be used for a variety of tasks. Custom braces and more advanced designs are available through a doctor's prescription to an orthopaedist. The growing prevalence of musculoskeletal disorders and adoption of a sedentary lifestyle and the growing obese population are some of the factors driving the OTC Orthopedic Braces Market growth during the forecast period 2022-2027.
OTC Orthopedic Braces Market Report Coverage
The report: “OTC Orthopedic Braces Market Forecast (2022-2027)", by Industry ARC covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the OTC Orthopedic Braces Market.
By Product Type: Lower Extremity Braces, Knee Braces, Foot and Ankle Bracers, Shoulder Braces, Elbow Braces, Wrist Braces, Back and Hip Braces, and Others.
By Indication: Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoporotic Fractures, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, and Others.
By Distribution channel: Hospitals, Orthopedic Clinics, Nursing Facilities, Online Sales, Retail Pharmacies, Drug Stores, and Surgical Centers.
By Function: Prophylactic, Functional, Rehabilitative, and Unloader.
By Geography: North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico), Europe (Germany, United Kingdom (U.K.), France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and Rest of Europe), Asia Pacific (China, Japan India, South Korea, Australia, and New Zealand, and Rest of Asia Pacific), South America (Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, and Rest of South America), and Rest of the World (the Middle East, and Africa).
- Geographically, North America held a dominant market share in the year 2021 on account of the increasing prevalence of Musculoskeletal disorders, highly informed people knowing the benefits of the OTC Orthopedic Braces Market, and high healthcare expenditure. Asia-Pacific is expected to offer lucrative growth opportunities to the manufacturers owing to the increasing prevalence of Rheumatoid and Osteoarthritis, and the demand for better healthcare facilities. The proliferation of arthritis is predicted to augment the market growth during the forecast period of 2022-2027.
- The growing prevalence of arthritis and other musculoskeletal disorders is estimated to drive the market growth of the OTC Orthopedic Braces Market. Limiting the patient eligibility for bracing-assisted orthopedic treatment poses threat to the Market growth.
- A detailed analysis of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats will be provided in the OTC Orthopedic Braces Market Report.
OTC Orthopedic Braces Market: Market Share (%) by Region, 2021
For More Details on This Report - Request for Sample
OTC Orthopedic Braces Market Segmentation Analysis- By Product Type
OTC Orthopedic Braces Market based on the product type can be further segmented into Lower Extremity Braces, Knee Braces, Foot and Ankle Bracers, Shoulder Braces, Elbow Braces, Wrist Braces, Back and Hip Braces, and Others. Knee Braces held a dominant market share in the year 2021 and is estimated to be the fastest-growing, with a CAGR of 6.7% over the forecast period of 2022-2027. Knee braces are medical devices that are used to treat a variety of injuries and diseases. Different forms of knee braces are used to relieve pain by transferring weight away from the injured area of the knee. Sport knee braces offer a number of advantages, including support and compression for pain relief from chronic knee instability, sprains, osteoarthritis, and joint pain. The most important benefit of sports knee braces is that they assist avoid re-injury.
According to Stanford Children's Health, in 2020, every year, around 3.5 million children aged 14 and under are injured as a result of sports. Knee injuries accounted for almost 9% of the total number of injuries. In addition, with children's increased interest in sports activities, there has been a five-fold increase in ACL injuries in recent years.
OTC Orthopedic Braces Market Segmentation Analysis- By Distribution channel
OTC Orthopedic Braces Market based on the distribution channel can be further segmented into Hospitals, Orthopedic Clinics, Nursing facilities, Online Sales, Retail Pharmacies, Drug stores, and Surgical Centers. Retail pharmacies held a dominant market share in the year 2021 and are estimated to be the fastest-growing, with a CAGR of 6.1% over the forecast period of 2022-2027. Availability of orthopedic braces over OTC can reduce physician consultation expenses. OTC Braces and supports are utilized in the field of orthopedics for conditions like osteoarthritis, traumatic injuries, and sports injuries where they can be used to treat an injury. According to American Pharmacists Association, Patients have more opportunities to choose a treatment option that works for them owing to the increased availability and variety of OTC drugs and orthopedic braces for Musculoskeletal diseases. Pharmacists are devoted to ensuring that prescription and over-the-counter drugs and other medical equipment like orthopedic braces are used appropriately.
OTC Orthopedic Braces Market Segmentation Analysis- By Geography
The OTC Orthopedic Braces Market based on Geography can be further segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and the Rest of the World. North America held a dominant market share of 37% in the year 2021 as compared to its other counterparts on account of increased awareness about the effectiveness of OTC Orthopedic Braces in managing arthritis, and the rising prevalence of musculoskeletal disorders.
However, Asia-Pacific is estimated to be the fastest-growing over the forecast period of 2022-2027 on account of rising healthcare expenditure, demand for better healthcare facilities, and increasing prevalence of musculoskeletal injuries which includes Tendonitis, Rheumatoid arthritis, Osteoarthritis. According to BMC musculoskeletal diseases, in 2019, the incidence rate of tendinitis is 7.9 per 1000 registered patients, with a frequency of 16.6 per 1000 registered patients. As a result, in a typical general practice with 5000 patients, general practitioners should anticipate seeing more than 80 patients per year with lower-extremity tendinopathy.
OTC Orthopedic Braces Market Drivers
The Rising Prevalence of Musculoskeletal Disorders Mainly Osteoarthritis is Driving the Market for OTC Orthopedic Braces.
According to the WHO, around 1.71 billion individuals worldwide will have musculoskeletal problems in 2021. Low back pain is the most common musculoskeletal condition, affecting 568 million people worldwide. Low back pain is the major cause of impairment in 160 countries, with musculoskeletal diseases being the leading cause of disability. These conditions severely impair movement and dexterity, resulting in early retirement from a job, decreased well-being, and diminished ability to engage in society. The number of people with musculoskeletal disorders is rapidly increasing as a result of population growth and aging. The number of people disabled by musculoskeletal diseases has been rising, and this trend is expected to continue in the next decades.
Osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporotic fractures, and carpal tunnel syndrome are among the many orthopedic diseases and disorders for which OTC orthopedic braces and supports are being employed in therapeutic care. When compared to alternative therapies like pain drugs, these items have higher clinical efficacy and a faster recovery time for patients. According to National Center for Biotechnology Information, Currently, it has been estimated that more than 200 million people are suffering from osteoporosis. According to recent statistics from the International Osteoporosis Foundation, worldwide, 1 in 3 women over the age of 50 years and 1 in 5 men will experience osteoporotic fractures in their lifetime. Obese people are at a higher risk of orthopedic and musculoskeletal injuries, as well as diabetes, therefore the incidence of orthopedic diseases and disorders is projected to rise even more in the near future.
Rising Expenditure on Healthcare is Propelling the Market of OTC Orthopedic Braces.
The expansion of the OTC Orthopedic Braces Market is being fueled by rising healthcare spending. This is owing to a growth in the number of sports injuries and osteoporosis cases, as well as the prevalence of orthopedic illnesses. The market is growing owing to factors such as rising demand for laboratory automation, increased awareness of preventative healthcare, and an aging population.
According to the WHO, in 2019, the healthcare industry continues to grow at a greater rate than the overall economy. In 2019, average per capita health spending in OECD countries was estimated to be more than USD 4,000, while in the United States it reached the equivalent of almost USD 11,000 for every U.S. citizen. Switzerland, the next highest spender among OECD countries, had a health expenditure of around two-thirds of this level. The adoption of new technologies and drugs could be the single most significant factor pushing up healthcare costs. Treatment for myocardial infarction with fibrinolysis or angioplasty is an example of effective but costly treatment. Another factor is the overuse of expensive new technology and pharmaceuticals has been linked to intensive marketing to physicians and customers (including direct-to-consumer advertising).
OTC Orthopedic Braces Market Challenges
Limiting the Patient Eligibility for Bracing-assisted Orthopedic Treatment is Restraining the Market of OTC Orthopedic Braces.
According to the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), only 18% of investigated patients who underwent spine surgery, and 12% reported patients who underwent shoulder surgery were given bracing-assisted orthopedic treatment. For the proper therapy of orthopedic ailments and diseases, bracing and support items are used, with physicians and orthopedic surgeons finding these products clinically important for specific circumstances. Patients do not qualify for the use of bracing products in some circumstances, which depends on the severity of the disease and its side effects, as well as the patient's physiology and age.
Due to the exertion of significant physical forces, which might enhance the severity of knee injuries, obese individuals are not permitted to use prophylactic knee braces. Owing to the significant muscle mass in the affected area, patients with edema and deconditioning are unable to use orthopedic braces. As a result, one of the key challenges limiting the widespread use of bracing-mediated orthopedic treatment is a lack of patient qualification.
OTC Orthopedic Braces Industry Outlook
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the OTC Orthopedic Braces Market. The top 10 OTC Orthopedic Braces Market companies are-
1. DJO Global
2. Roam robotics
4. Ossur Hf.
5. 3M Company
6. Bauerfeind AG
7. DeRoyal Industries
8. Medi GmbH & Co.
9. Zimmer Biomet
10. Lohmann & Rauscher
- In August 2021, Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc. and Canary Medical, a medical data company has launched Persona IQ®, the world's first and only smart knee cleared by the FDA for total knee replacement surgery. Persona IQ combines Zimmer Biomet's proven and trusted Persona® The Personalized Knee® implant with Canary Medical's unique implantable canturioTMte tibial extension sensor technology, which detects and calculates the range of motion, step count, walking speed, and other gait data. Persona IQ will integrate with Zimmer Biomet's mymobility® with Apple Watch® remote care management platform, as well as other ZBEdgeTM Connected Intelligence Suite components.
- In July 2021, Roam Robotics has launched Ascend, a smart knee orthosis designed to help people with osteoarthritis or knee injuries move more freely. Air compression is used to support the patient care with the knee and relieve pressure on the quadriceps muscle. Ascend is a custom-made orthosis for those who have tried all other pain-relieving treatments, including physical therapy and regular braces. It's also lightweight at 2.5 pounds because it's composed of plastic and fabric rather than metal. Additionally, the Ascend can assist delay or even preventing surgery. Ascend is a custom-made orthosis for those who have tried all other pain-relieving treatments, including physical therapy and regular braces. It's also lightweight at 2.5 pounds because it's composed of plastic and fabric rather than metal. Moreover, the Ascend can assist delay or even preventing surgery.
- In June 2020, Medi GmbH & Co. has launched mediven® comfy 450, a new product line that combines fluid movement with substantial wall stability. The comfy 450 fits exactly in the middle of the mediven flat-knit compression lineup, which already comprises the strongest and most solid hold of the mediven 550 and the lighter, more inconspicuous mediven mondi 350 variation, combining a supple feel with durable support. Wearers will benefit from simpler donning and ease of movement throughout the day thanks to cozy’s down stretch capabilities, all while benefiting from the media’s well-known and trusted fabric stability for edema control that far outperforms the competition.
Report Code: HCR 1228
Report Code: HCR 0144
Report Code: HCR 0094
For more Lifesciences and Healthcare Market reports, please click here
1. OTC Orthopedic Braces Market - Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. OTC Orthopedic Braces Market - Executive Summary
3. OTC Orthopedic Braces Market - Comparative Analysis
3.1 Company Benchmarking
3.2 Global Financial Analysis
3.3 Market Share Analysis
3.4 Patent Analysis
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. OTC Orthopedic Braces Market - Startup Companies Scenario Premium
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. OTC Orthopedic Braces Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium Premium
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing Business Index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. OTC Orthopedic Braces Market - Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters Five Force Model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. OTC Orthopedic Braces Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. OTC Orthopedic Braces Market – By Product Type
8.1 Lower extremity Braces
8.2 Knee Braces
8.3 Foot and Ankle Braces
8.4 Shoulder Braces
8.5 Elbow Braces
8.6 Wrist Braces
8.7 Back and Hip Braces
9. OTC Orthopedic Braces Market – By Indication
9.2 Rheumatoid Arthritis
9.3 Osteoporotic Fractures
9.4 Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
9.5 Ligament Injuries
10. OTC Orthopedic Braces Market – By Function
11. OTC Orthopedic Braces Market – By Distribution channel
11.2 Orthopedic Clinics
11.3 Nursing Facilities
11.4 Online Sales
11.5 Retail Pharmacies
11.6 Drug Stores
11.7 Surgical Centers
12. OTC Orthopedic Braces Market - By Geography
12.1 North America
12.2.7 Rest of Europe
12.3.4 South Korea
12.3.5 Australia & New Zealand
12.3.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
12.4 South America
12.4.5 Rest of South America
12.5 Rest of the World
12.5.1 Middle East
13. OTC Orthopedic Braces Market - Entropy
14. OTC Orthopedic Braces Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape Premium
14.1 Market Share Analysis
14.1.1 Global Market Share – Key Companies
14.1.2 Market Share by Region – Key companies
14.1.3 Market Share by Countries – Key Companies
14.2 Competition Matrix
14.3 Best Practices for Companies
15. OTC Orthopedic Braces Market – Key Company List by Country Premium Premium
16. OTC Orthopedic Braces Market - Company Analysis
16.1 Company 1
16.2 Company 2
16.3 Company 3
16.4 Company 4
16.5 Company 5
16.6 Company 6
16.7 Company 7
16.8 Company 8
16.9 Company 9
16.10 Company 10
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis*"