Adhesion Barrier Market - Industry Analysis, Market Size, Share, Trends, Growth and Forecast 2020 - 2025
Adhesion Barrier Market Overview
Adhesion Barrier Market size is estimated to reach $1,094.62m by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 7.21% during the forecast period 2020-2025. The adhesion barrier is used to reduce abnormal internal scars after surgery by separating tissues and internal organs. Adhesion barriers are used in abdominal surgeries, gynecology, bone, heart, blood vessels, reconstructive and urinary tract. Adhesion barriers are mostly used in cardiovascular surgeries to heal the coronary artery. Gel and film formulations of adhesion barriers are widely used in comparison to the liquid formula. Adhesion barrier application is increasing with the increasing number of surgical procedures. The growing awareness regarding use of adhesion barriers post-surgery in developing countries is estimated to drive the demand for adhesion barriers and consequently contribute to the growth of the market during the forecast period 2020-2025.
The report: “Adhesion Barrier Market Forecast (2020-2025)”, by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Adhesion Barrier Market.
By Product: Synthetic Adhesion Barriers, Natural Adhesion Barriers.
By Formulation: Film Formulation, Gel Formulation, and Liquid Formulation.
By Application: Cardiovascular Surgeries, General/Abdominal Surgeries, Gynecological Surgeries, Neurological Surgeries, Orthopedic Surgeries, Reconstructive Surgeries, Urological Surgeries, and other surgeries.
By Geography: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and Rest of World
- Geographically, North America’s Adhesion Barrier market accounted for the highest revenue share in 2019 and it is poised to dominate during the forecast period 2020-2025 owing to the developed medical infrastructure and favorable reimbursements for adhesion barriers.
- The growing awareness regarding use of adhesion barriers post-surgery in developing countries is estimated to drive the demand for adhesion barriers and consequently contribute to the growth of the market during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- Detailed analysis on the Strength, Weakness and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Adhesion Barrier Market report.
- The limited applications of few of the product types of adhesion barriers and high cost of surgeries are anticipated to hamper the market growth of the Adhesion Barrier market.
By Formulation - Segment Analysis
The microbiology testing market is segmented on the basis of applications into Film Formulation, Gel Formulation, and Liquid Formulation. The film formulation segment registers for the highest market share in 2019 and is set to continue for the forecast period (2020-2025) owing to its low cost and increasing use of film form adhesion in various surgeries. In addition, many clinical evidences are supporting the efficiency and safety of these form of adhesion, thus, adding growth to the market.
By Application - Segment Analysis
The global Adhesion Barrier market based on application has Cardiovascular Surgeries, General/Abdominal Surgeries, Gynecological Surgeries, Neurological Surgeries, Orthopedic Surgeries, Reconstructive Surgeries, Urological Surgeries, and other surgeries. The gynaecological surgeries segment registers for highest market share in 2019 and is set to continue for the forecast period (2020-2025). The segment is set to emerge owing to the rising number of gynaecologic laparoscopy procedures. Furthermore, increasing adoption of gel form and film form in various gynaecological procedures including endometriosis surgery, ovarian cystectomy, and ectopic pregnancy are contributing for the growth of the segment.
By Geography - Segment Analysis
The global Adhesion Barrier Market by geography had the dominant share in North America in terms of revenue in 2019 owing to the developed medical infrastructure and favorable reimbursements for adhesion barriers. However, Asia-Pacific is estimated to outpace all the regions by clocking the highest CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025 owing to the rising geriatric population and increasing incidence of cardiac and neurosurgery, which require surgical interventions. Moreover, rising private sector investment in healthcare and rapidly expanding medical tourism is estimated to drive the market in the region.
Drivers – Adhesion Barrier Market
- Increase in prevalence of chronic diseases
The demand for Adhesion Barrier is driving forward owing to the rising growth in chronic diseases, growing older people population and an increasing number of surgical procedures performed among the aging population. The appearance of market key players focusing on the R&D of the adhesive barriers and the launch of new products and devices releasing into market are further accelerating the global market. Besides, the growing awareness regarding use of adhesion barriers post-surgery in developing countries is estimated to drive the demand for adhesion barriers and consequently contribute to the growth of the Adhesive Barrier market during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Challenges – Adhesion Barrier Market
- Stringent regulations
The regulatory requirements for the affiliation of medical devices are complex and undergo amendments with changing needs. These regulations are complicated, primarily owing to the legal aspects associated with them. The quality and performance of medical devices are necessary facets that need stringent evaluation to ensure public safety. Complex and stringent standards are followed for the affiliation of medical devices. Stringent regulatory requirements restrict the growth of the adhesion barrier market for the forecast period (2020-2025). However, the limited applications of few of the product types of adhesion barriers and high cost of surgeries are anticipated to hamper the market growth of the Adhesion Barrier market.
Adhesion Barrier Industry outlook:
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the Adhesion Barrier Market. Key companies of this market are Sanofi, Baxter International, Johnson & Johnson, Integra LifeSciences Holdings, C.R. Bard, Anika Therapeutics, Atrium Medical Corporation, FzioMed, Betatech Medical, and Innocoll Holdings.
- In January 2020, Anika Therapeutics, Inc announced that it has signed agreements to acquire Parcus Medical, a leading, privately-held sports medicine company, and Arthrosurface, a leading, privately-held provider of joint surface and preservation solutions for active patients.
- In December 2019, Sanofi and Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc announced their intent to simplify their antibody collaboration for Kevzara and Praluent by restructuring into a royalty-based agreement.
1. Adhesion Barrier Market - Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Adhesion Barrier Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Product
2.3 Key trends by Formulation
2.4 Key trends by Application
2.5 Key trends by Geography
3. Adhesion Barrier Market – Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking – Key Companies
3.2 Financial Analysis – Key Companies
3.3 Market Value Split by Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis – Key Companies
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Adhesion Barrier Market - Startup Companies Scenario Premium
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Adhesion Barrier Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium Premium
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Adhesion Barrier - Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters five force model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Adhesion Barrier Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. Adhesion Barrier Market – By Product (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
8.1 Synthetic Adhesion Barriers
8.1.1 Hyaluronic Acid
8.1.2 Regenerated Cellulose
8.1.3 Polyethylene Glycol
8.1.4 Other Synthetic Adhesion Barriers
8.2 Natural Adhesion Barriers
8.2.1 Collagen & Protein
9. Adhesion Barrier Market – By Formulation (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
9.1 Film Formulations
9.2 Gel Formulations
9.3 Liquid Formulations
10. Adhesion Barrier Market – By Application (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
10.1 Cardiovascular Surgeries
10.2 General/Abdominal Surgeries
10.3 Gynecological Surgeries
10.4 Neurological Surgeries
10.5 Orthopedic Surgeries
10.6 Reconstructive Surgeries
10.7 Urological Surgeries
10.8 Other Surgeries
11. Adhesion Barrier Market - By Geography (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
11.1 North America
11.2.6 Rest of Europe
11.3.4 South Korea
11.3.5 Australia & New Zealand
11.3.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
11.4 Rest of the World
11.4.1 Middle East
11.4.3 South America
12. Adhesion Barrier Market - Entropy
13. Adhesion Barrier Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape Premium
13.1 Market Share Analysis
13.1.1 Global Market Share – Key Companies
13.1.2 Market Share by Region – Key companies
13.1.3 Market Share by Countries – Key Companies
13.1.4 Best Practices for Companies
14. Adhesion Barrier Market – Key Company List by Country Premium Premium
15. Adhesion Barrier Market Company Analysis
15.1 Company 1
15.2 Company 2
15.3 Company 3
15.4 Company 4
15.5 Company 5
15.6 Company 6
15.7 Company 7
15.8 Company 8
15.9 Company 9
15.10 Company 10
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.