Organ Preservation Market Overview
Organ Preservation Market size is estimated to be $206.3 million in 2019, growing at a CAGR of 7% during the forecast period 2020-2025.Increasing geriatric population, along with the rise in multi-organ failure and government initiatives for organ transplantation is a significant factor driving the organ preservation market during the forecast period 2020-2025.Futhermore, organ preservation is the supply line for organ transplantation. In addition the liver, pancreas and kidneys can be successfully preserved for up two days by flushing the organs with the University of Wisconsin (UW) organ preservation solution and storing them at hypothermia (0-5 degree C).Moreover, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention about 647,000 Americans die from heart disease every year-that is 1 in every 4 deaths. Therefore, such incidences are contemplate to the increase the number of heart transplant which in turn is boosting the organ preservation market. Furthermore, the use of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Process Development Execution System (PDES) and Electronic System Laboratory Information Management is also contributing to its market growth.
The report: “Organ Preservation Market Forecast (2020-2025)”, by IndustryARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Organ Preservation Market.
By Solution- University of Wisconsin (UW), Custodial HTK, Perfadex, Collins and Others.
By Technique- Static Cold Storage, Hypothermic Machine Perfusion and Normothermic Machine Perfusion.
By Organ Type- Kidneys, Liver, Lung, Heart, Pancreas, Intestine and Others.
By End-Use- Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers and Others.
By Geography-North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World.
- The University of Wisconsin (UW) accounted for the largest market share in 2019 owing to its increase in use and several benefits of the solution.
- Hospitals accounted for the largest market share in 2019 owing to the increasing number of organ transplantation around the world.
- The hypothermic machine perfusion technique is projected to be the fastest growing with CAGR of 6.2% during the forecast period 2020-2025.
- In 2019, North America dominated the Organ Preservation Market owing to the increased adoption of advanced medical technology and rising development by companies operating on organ preservation is a major factor driving the organ preservation market during the forecast period 2020-2025.
- Increase in Number of Multi-Organ Failure around the world is a major factor driving the Organ Preservation Market during the forecast period 2020-2025.
By Solution- Segment Analysis
By Solution the Organ Preservation Market is segmented into University of Wisconsin (UW), Custodial HTK, Perfadex, Collins and Others. Among these the University Of Wisconsin (UW) accounted for the largest market share in 2019 owing to its increase in use and several benefits of the solution. In addition this solution allows extended preservation of human liver grafts for more than 15 hours as compared with Euro-Collins solution. Furthermore, it also allows easy transportation of organ over large distances without any damage. Moreover, this solution is majorly used for liver preservation and helps in achieving successful liver transplantation. Therefore increasing number of liver transplantation is anticipated to boost its market growth during the forecast period 2020-2025.
By End-Use- Segment Analysis
Hospitals accounted for the largest market share in 2019 owing to the increasing number of multi-organ failure and organ transplantation around the world. Furthermore, trained doctors in the hospitals usually perform transplantation thereby hospital are a major place for transplants. In addition most of the transplants are done in hospital or surgical centers thereby driving the demand of organ preservation market during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Geography- Segment Analysis
North America dominated the Organ Preservation Market with a region share 39% in 2019 followed by Europe and APAC. Increasing adoption of advanced medical technology and rising development by companies operating on organ preservation is a major factor driving the organ preservation market during the forecast period 2020-2025.Futhermore, growing awareness among people regarding organ transplants and government initiatives are further contributing to its market growth.
Drivers – Organ Preservation Market
- Increasing Number of Multi-Organ Failure
Increase in Number of Multi-Organ Failure around the world is a major factor driving the Organ Preservation Market during the forecast period 2020-2025.Futhermore, according to the Human Resource and Service Administration about 39,718 transplants were performed in 2019 and 20 people die each day waiting for an organ transplant.
- Advancements In Organ Preservation
Advancements in Organ Preservation is a major factor contributing to its market growth during the forecast period 2020-2025.Organ preservation advances stand to increase local and global access to transplantation, improve transplant outcomes and accelerate progress in related areas immune tolerance induction and xenotransplantation. Novel preservation technologies along with their technologies facilitated by preservation advances could potentially save millions of lives in the coming years.
Challenges – Organ Preservation Market
- High Cost of Organ Transplantation
High Cost of Organ Transplantation serves as a major setback for the growth of organ preservation market during the forecast period 2020-2025.In September, 2019 the average cost of a heart transplant is approximately $1,382,400 according to a consulting firm Milliman. Therefore, high cost of transplants disrupts the smooth functioning of the organ preservation market.
Organ Preservation Market Industry Outlook
Product Launches, Merger & Acquistion, joint ventures and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by the players in the Organ Preservation Market. Organ Preservation Market top 10 companies are XVIVO Perfusion AB, Paragonix Technologies, Dr.Franz Kohler Chemie GMBH, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Bio Life Solutions Inc, Tolero Tech Inc, Essential Pharmaceuticals Ltd, 21st Century Medicine, Cryolife Inc and Claris Lifesciences Limited.
- June 2018:United Therapeutics and XVIVO Perfusion collaborated to reduce organ shortage through expansion of Organ Evaluation service.
1. Organ Preservation Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Organ Preservation Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Solution
2.3 Key trends by Technique
2.4 Key trends by Organ Type
2.5 Key trends by End-Use
2.6 Key trends by Geography
3. Organ Preservation Market –Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking - Key companies
3.2 Financials Analysis - Key Companies
3.3 Market Share Analysis- Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Organ Preservation Market- Startup companies Scenario Premium (Premium)
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Application Analysis
4.1.4 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Organ Preservation Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium (Premium)
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Organ Preservation Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints
6.3 Porters Five Force Model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Organ Preservation Market -Strategic analysis
7.1 Value chain analysis
7.2 Opportunities analysis
7.3 Market life cycle
8. Organ Preservation Market – By Solution (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
8.1 University of Wisconsin (UW)
8.3 Custodial HTK
9. Organ Preservation Market – By Technique(Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
9.1 Static Cold Storage
9.2 Hypothermic Machine Perfusion
9.3 Normothermic Machine Perfusion
10. Organ Preservation Market – By Organ Type(Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
11. Customer Relationship Management Solution Organ Preservation Market – By End-Use(Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
11.2 Ambulatory Surgical Centers
12. Organ Preservation Market - By Geography (Market Size -$Million/$Billion)
12.1 North America
12.2.6 Rest of Europe
12.3.3 South Korea
12.3.5 Australia & New Zealand
12.3.6 Rest of APAC
12.4 Rest of the World
12.4.1 Middle East
12.4.3 South America
13. Organ Preservation Market - Entropy
14. Organ Preservation Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape (Premium)
14.1. Market Share Analysis
14.1.1 Global Market Share – Key Companies
14.1.2 Market Share by Region – Key companies
14.1.3 Market Share by Country- Key companies
14.1.4 Best Practices for Companies
15. Organ Preservation Market – Key Company List by Country Premium (Premium)
16. Organ Preservation Market Company Analysis
16.1 Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
16.2 XVIVO Perfusion AB
16.3 Paragonix Technologies
16.4 Dr.Franz Kohler Chemie GMBH
16.5 Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd
16.6 Bio Life Solurtions Inc
16.7 Tolero Tech Inc
16.8 Essential Pharmacuticals Ltd
16.9 21st Century Medicine
16.10 Cryolife Inc
16.11 Claris Lifesciences Limited
*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.