HLA Typing for Transplant Market Overview
HLA Typing for Transplant Market size is forecast to reach $ 879.91 Million by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 6.2% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Human leukocyte antigen (HLA) typing is used to match patients and donors for bone marrow or cord blood transplants. HLA are proteins or rather, markers found on most cells in the body. Our immune system uses these markers to recognize which cells belong in the body and which does not. The histocompatibility complex gene group provides instructions for making a group of HLA. In children, compared to the use of HLA mismatched units, the use of HLA-matched units is associated with a lower risk of acute Graft versus host disease (GVHD) and mortality, while in adults HLA mismatches may have a lower impact on outcome. Growing public-private funding for target research activities, the growing burden of infectious diseases, the growing number of transplant procedures, and technological advancements in the field of transplant diagnostics are driving the market growth in recent years. In addition, major market development of key players like Genome Diagnostics and Illumina are additional factors driving the growth of the market.
The report: “HLA Typing for Transplant Market Forecast (2020-2025)”, by IndustryARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the HLA Typing for Transplant Market.
By Technology: Non-Molecular assays, and Molecular assays
By Product Type: Instruments, Reagents and consumables, Software, and Services
By Application: Diagnostics, and Research
By End Use: Hospitals, and Academic and research Institutes
By Geography: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World
- North America dominated the HLA Typing for Transplant Market in the year 2019 owing to presence of a highly developed healthcare infrastructure, high adoption of innovative transplant diagnostic technologies (including HLA typing) among medical professionals and a large number of organ transplantation procedures performed in the region. The HLA Typing for Transplant Market scope for different regions will be provided in the final report.
- Growing public-private funding for target research activities, the growing burden of infectious diseases, the growing number of transplant procedures, and technological advancements in the field of transplant diagnostics is estimated to drive the industry growth during the forecast period 2020-2025.
- Detailed analysis on the Strength, Weakness and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the HLA Typing for Transplant Market report.
- High costs associated with molecular HLA typing for transplant tests is anticipated to hamper the market growth of the HLA Typing for Transplant Industry.
Technology - Segment Analysis
Molecular Assays held the largest share in the product segment of HLA Typing for Transplant Market in 2019, and are estimated to grow at a CAGR of 6.8% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Molecular diagnostics is a more sensitive method allowing detection of lower amounts of infectious agents and therefore giving the ability to detect infections earlier than was previously possible. This ability is especially significant in blood screening. It is estimated that molecular assays will continue to be the fastest growing segment and will register the highest CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025. Many in-house and commercial assays that detect the COVID-19 virus have been developed or are currently under development. Many of these molecular assays are currently being validated in partner laboratories.
End Use - Segment Analysis
Academic and research institutes held the major share in the end use segment of HLA Typing for Transplant Market in 2019. Rapid modernization and automation of diagnostic laboratories, along with growing number of research & development activities outsourced by pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies to independent reference laboratories are driving the demand of this segment. This has led to considerable increase in market growth of the segment in recent years. Hospital is forecast to grow at the fastest rate with the highest CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025, owing to increasing purchasing power for basic amenities of the market.
Geography - Segment Analysis
North America dominated the geography segment of HLA Typing for Transplant Market with a share of more than 38.24% in 2019, followed by Europe. Presence of a highly developed healthcare infrastructure, high adoption of innovative transplant diagnostic technologies (including HLA typing) among medical professionals and a large number of organ transplantation procedures performed in the region are helping in significant market growth in the region. Europe held the second place in the geography segment share of the market. In Europe, rise in launch of products and catalogue provides new insights into European population genetics and will be a very useful tool for tissue-typing laboratories in urban areas of Europe.
Asia-Pacific is estimated to grow at the fastest rate at a higher CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025. This is owing to increasing awareness levels owing to government and non-government organizations’ efforts for educating the masses about the need and importance of organ donations.
Drivers – HLA Typing for Transplant Market
- Growing public-private funding for target research activities
New market grants and relaxed government policies are giving way to increased funding’s and research activities. Such processes, which are run by government, corporations or foundations, allocate scarce funds. Independent research activity are increasing, which can lead to growth of knowledge/process in an area, which can grow into a major project. This is set to drive the market growth in the forecast years 2020-2025.
- Growing number of transplant procedures
Increasing number of organ transplant procedures as well as repetitive purchase of immunosuppressant’s are anticipated to boost the segment growth. Demand for transplants among the growing number of people who need this lifesaving procedure is increasing. This is set to help in market growth during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Challenges – HLA Typing for Transplant Market
- High costs associated with molecular HLA typing
The cost of HLA typing DNA test in the medical sector varies within the higher ranges depending on various conditions, like no. of alleles screened, quality of data high resolution or low resolution and the technology used. Typing costs vary widely, with SST being the least expensive and RT-PCR/NGS being the most expensive techniques. Thus, it is anticipated to hamper the market growth during the forecast period 2020-2025.
HLA Typing for Transplant Industry Outlook
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the HLA Typing for Transplant Market. In 2019, the top players present in the market consolidate HLA Typing for Transplant Market share. HLA Typing for Transplant Market top 10 companies are Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., Genome Diagnostics, Illumina, CareDx, Inc., Immucor, Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., F. Hoffman-La Roche Ltd., Hologic, Inc., Luminex, Takara Bio and Omixon among others.
- In May 2019, Genome Diagnostics B.V. announced that Ampersand Capital Partners has completed a minority, growth equity investment in the company.
- In March 2015, Illumina announced the launch of TruSight HLA, an end-to-end solution that produces a comprehensive view of the HLA region by sequencing 11 HLA genes for accurate HLA typing across thousands of known and novel HLA alleles.