Cholera Treatment Market Overview
Cholera Treatment Market size is forecast to reach $167.89 Million by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 8.53% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Cholera is an infectious disease that causes severe watery diarrhea, which can lead to dehydration and even death if untreated. It is caused by eating food or drinking water contaminated with a bacterium called Vibrio cholerae. Cholera requires immediate treatment as the disease can cause death within hours. Rehydration therapy, intravenous fluids, antibiotic treatment, and zinc supplements are primary treatment options for cholera. Rise in number of affected and mortality cases owing to cholera epidemic, unclean environments for pollution and lack of sanitary systems, massive awareness campaigns by government & NGOs and increase in financial investment and support for development of novel medications by key investment firms and market players are major factors that are driving the market growth in recent years. In addition, major developments by key market players like Sanofi and Novartis is also driving the growth of the market.
The report: “Cholera Treatment Market Forecast (2020-2025)”, by IndustryARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Cholera Treatment Market.
By Treatment Type: Medication, and Vaccinations
By Product Type: Suspension, and Injectable
By Route of Administration: Oral dosage, and Injectable dosage
By End Users: Hospitals, Homecare, Primary Care Provider, Specialty Clinics, and Others
By Geography: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World
- Asia-Pacific dominated the Cholera Treatment Market in the year 2019 owing to rising prevalence of cholera disease among a large section of the population and growing awareness about treatment of the diseases, The Cholera Treatment Market scope for different regions will be provided in the final report.
- Rise in number of cases of affected and deaths by cholera, increasing awareness about cholera treatment, launch of oral vaccines by key market players and favorable government policies for vaccine launches and novel drug R&D studies have helped in significant growth of Cholera Treatment Market.
- Detailed analysis on the Strength, Weakness and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Cholera Treatment Market report.
- Lack of healthcare awareness in some less developed countries is anticipated to hamper the market growth of the Cholera Treatment Industry.
Treatment Type - Segment Analysis
Vaccinations held the largest share in the treatment type segment of Cholera Treatment Market in 2019 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 9.5% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Factors that contribute to the growth of this segment are the high prevalence of cholera among the economically weaker section of the society, increasing government initiatives towards immunization, technological advancements in the vaccine industry, and a strong pipeline for vaccines. In addition, growing focus on therapeutic vaccines and emerging market players launching advanced vaccine generics aid the market growth. Medications held the second largest share in the market, owing to strategic developments by key market players, quicker relief and less regulations on manufacturing and distribution of chlorine medications. Vaccinations segment is set to be the fastest growing segment and is estimated to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025, owing to major investments in advancement of vaccine therapy by key market players and awareness campaigns on cholera treatment by immunization for the common people.
End User - Segment Analysis
Hospitals dominated the market share in the end user segment of Cholera Treatment Market in 2019. Improving healthcare infrastructure in developing countries, improved financial capability of hospitals, better infection control policies and rising number of patients getting cured from hospital treatments have helped in significant financial growth of hospitals. Homecare segment is forecast to grow at the fastest rate with the highest CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025, owing to growing trends in personalized treatments, rising affordability and better care.
Geography - Segment Analysis
Asia-Pacific dominates the geography segment of Cholera Treatment Market with a share of more than 44.15% in 2019, followed by North America. Growing prevalence of cholera disease among a large section of the population, growing awareness about treatment of the diseases, increasing healthcare affordability of the majority population and government initiatives to vaccine launches and immunization have helped in the growth of Cholera Treatment Market infrastructure in this region. North America held the second place in the geography segment share of the market, owing to increasing health awareness among the masses and presence of key market players in the region.
North America is estimated to grow at the fastest rate at a higher CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025. This is owing to presence of well-developed infrastructure, awareness among people about cholera treatment and vaccination and major product launches and other market developments by key players.
Drivers – Cholera Treatment Market
- Rise in number of cases of affected people and death from cholera
Researchers have estimated that each year there are 1.3 million to 4.0 million cases of cholera, and 21000 to 143000 deaths worldwide owing to cholera. Up to 80% of cases can be successfully treated with oral rehydration solution (ORS). Severe cases need rapid treatment with intravenous fluids and antibiotics. Provision of safe water and sanitation is critical to control the transmission of cholera and other waterborne diseases. A global strategy on cholera control with a target to reduce cholera deaths by 90% was launched in 2017. This has driven the market growth in recent years.
- Government initiatives to vaccine launches and immunization
In recent years, government has taken up initiatives and campaigns in order to fight cholera pandemic. Some of the strategies include favorable policies on distribution of vaccines. In view of these factors, the market is poised to see significant growth during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Challenges – Cholera Treatment Market
- Lack of healthcare awareness in some less developed countries
In order to maintain the demand of the vaccines and treatment of cholera, health awareness is important. However, consumption of unclean water and polluted environment lead to rise in fatality rates owing to chronic diseases. As such, the people are unaware of cholera treatment. Thus, it is anticipated to hamper the market growth during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Cholera Treatment Industry Outlook
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the Cholera Treatment Market. In 2019, Cholera Treatment Market share is consolidated by the top players present in the market. Cholera Treatment Market top 10 companies are Valneva SE, Sanofi, Emergent BioSolutions Inc, EUBIOLOGICS CO., LTD, Astellas Pharma Inc, Johnson & Johnson, Celldex Therapeutics, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Merck & Co., Inc and Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd among others.
- In January 2020, Emergent BioSolutions Inc. announced that the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) of the European Medicines Agency (EMA) adopted a positive opinion for the approval of the company’s single-dose oral cholera vaccine, Vaxchora (Cholera Vaccine, Live, Oral).
- In February 2018, WHO approved Cholera vaccine from Shantha Biotechnics (part of Sanofi) for use at temperatures as high as 40°C for up to 14 days, immediately prior to administration.
- In September 2018, Novartis partnered with its division, Sandoz and DSV, a world-leading supplier of transport and logistics services to donate one million rands worth of medicines towards cholera outbreak in Zimbabwe.
1. Cholera Treatment Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Cholera Treatment Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Treatment Type
2.3 Key trends by End User
2.4 Key trends by Geography
3. Cholera Treatment Market – Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking – Key Companies
3.2 Financial Analysis – Key Companies
3.3 Market Value Split by Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis – Key Companies
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Cholera Treatment Market - Startup Companies Scenario (Premium)
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Cholera Treatment Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium (Premium)
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Cholera Treatment Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters five force model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Cholera Treatment Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. Cholera Treatment Market – By Treatment Type (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
9. Cholera Treatment Market – By Product Type (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
10. Cholera Treatment Market – By Route of Administration (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
10.1 Oral dosage
10.2 Injectable dosage
11. Cholera Treatment Market – By End Users (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
11.3 Primary Care Provider
11.4 Specialty Clinics
12. Cholera Treatment Market – By Geography (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
12.1 North America
12.2.6 Rest of Europe
12.3.4 South Korea
12.3.5 Australia & New Zealand
12.3.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
12.4 Rest of the World
12.4.1 Middle East
12.4.3 South America
13. Cholera Treatment Market - Entropy
14. Cholera Treatment Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape (Premium)
14.1 Market Share Analysis
14.1.1 Global Market Share – Key Companies
14.1.2 Market Share by Region – Key companies
14.1.3 Market Share by Countries – Key Companies
14.1.4 Best Practices for Companies
15. Cholera Treatment Market – Key Company List by Country Premium (Premium)
16. Cholera Treatment Market Company Analysis
16.1 Company 1
16.2 Company 2
16.3 Company 3
16.4 Company 4
16.5 Company 5
16.6 Company 6
16.7 Company 7
16.8 Company 8
16.9 Company 9
16.10 Company 10 and more
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.