Reperfusion Injury Market Overview
Reperfusion Injury Market size is forecast to reach $2.14 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 6.09% during the forecast period 2020-2025.Reperfusion injury is the tissue damage caused when blood supply returns to tissue ischemia and it is also known as Ischemia Reperfusion Injury. Increase in the tissue damage and increase of fluid filtration across the tissue are the major factors driving the growth of the market. Rise in awareness of reperfusion injury and increasing R&D development is set to further enhance the overall market demand of reperfusion injury during the forecast period 2020-2025.
The report: “Reperfusion Injury Market Forecast (2020-2025)”, by IndustryARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Reperfusion Injury Market.
By Product Type: BAY-606583, GS-459679, APP-103, KN-93 and Others
By Injury Type: Heart Injury, Kidney Injury, Intestine Injury and Others
By Treatment: Therapeutic Hypothermia, Cyclosporin, Stem Cell Therapy, hydrogen Sulfide treatment and Others
By Geography: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World
- North America dominated the Reperfusion Injury Market in 2019 owing to increase in the tissue damage and presence of better healthcare infrastructure. The Reperfusion Injury Market scope for different regions will be provided in the final report.
- Increase in the use of Allopurinol and an enzyme recombinant superoxide against the reperfusion injury is likely to aid in the market growth of reperfusion market.
- Detailed analysis on the Strength, Weakness and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Reperfusion Injury Market report.
- High cost of the reperfusion injury treatment and the risk factors like hypertension
- is set to create hurdles for the Reperfusion Injury Market.
Product Type-Segment Analysis
The BAY-606583 segment held the largest share in the Reperfusion Injury Market in 2019.BAY-606583 is an adenosine receptor which is used to provide protection from ischemia in both the heart and kidney of test animals and reduces myocardial reperfusion injury. It is also beneficial in treatment of acute lung and brain injury. GS-459679, is given at reperfusion after 30 min of myocardial ischemia, inhibited caspase-3 in the heart tissue measured 60 min after reperfusion injury. APP -103 is a polyoxalate based copolymer molecule containing vanillyl alcohol that reduces tissue injury and ischemia reperfusion injury. It is a novel, nontoxic and site activating therapeutic approach that effectively ameliorates the consequence of ischemia reperfusion injury in solid organ transplantation.
Treatment - Segment Analysis
Therapeutic Hypothermia segment held the largest share in the Reperfusion Injury Market in 2019 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.31% during the forecast period 2020-2025 owing to its use for people who have a cardiac arrest that happens when the heart suddenly stops beating. It improves survival and reduce brain damage after birth asphyxia in newborn infants, almost doubling the chance of normal survival. It helps to moderate intracranial pressure and to minimize the harmful effect of a patient’s inflammatory immune responses during reperfusion injury and to minimize a patient’s production of deadly free radicals which occurs during reperfusion injury. Reperfusion Injury leads to biochemical imbalances within the cell that lead to cell death and increased infarct size and to reduce this cyclosporin treatment is done which rescues ischemic mycocardium and reduce infarction size. Therapeutic hypothermia is estimated to be the highest growing segment of the reperfusion injury market during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Geography - Segment Analysis
North America dominated the reperfusion injury market in 2019 with a share of more than 41.2%, followed by Europe owing to the better technique for rapid reperfusion and use of neutrophil inhibitors and anti-oxidants that helps in reduction of enormous cost associated with the clinical traits of the reperfusion injury.
However, Europe is estimated to grow at a higher CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025 owing to the pathophysiological mechanisms and pharmacological therapeutic strategies, for preventing myocardial reperfusion injury.
Drivers – Reperfusion Injury Market
- Increase in the use of Allopurinol
Increase in the use of allopurinol is increasing the growth of the reperfusion injury market owing to its role to improve myocardial reperfusion injury. Allopurinol is a xanthine oxidase inhibitor and a free radical scavenger that has therapeutic potential for the reduction of cellular damage, and it could be better if a shorter time of ischemia has been applied. Allopurinol treatment reduces the injury, suggesting oxygen derived free radicals generated by the hypoxanthine xanthine oxidase reaction, as contributing factors in the etiology of reperfusion injury. The ability of allopurinol to protect against reperfusion injury in the heart has been attributed to its xanthine oxidase inhibiting properties. Thus, increasing the growth of the reperfusion injury market.
- Increase in the tissue damage and increase of fluid filtration across the tissue
Increase in the tissue damage and increase of fluid filtration across the tissue is increasing the growth of the reperfusion injury market. Reperfusion is the tissue damage caused owing to absence of blood supply and lack of oxygen in the body. Myocardial injury in the setting of an acute myocardial infarction is the result of ischemic reperfusion injury. Reperfusion therapies, including primary percutaneous coronary intervention and fibrinolytic therapy, promptly restore blood flow to ischemic myocardium and limit infarct size and therapeutic strategies such as ischemic preconditioning, controlled reperfusion and antioxidant, complement or neutrophil therapy is set to significantly prevent or limit ischemia reperfusion therapy in humans. Thus, boosting the growth of the reperfusion injury market.
Challenges – Reperfusion Injury Market
- High cost of the reperfusion injury treatment
Some of the factors that is set to impede the growth of the reperfusion injury market are high cost of the reperfusion injury treatment. Risk factors associated with it like hypertension, hyperlipidemia, diabetes, insulin resistance, heart failure, altered coronary circulation and aging can also hamper the growth of the reperfusion injury market.
Reperfusion Injury Industry Outlook
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the reperfusion injury market. In 2019, Reperfusion Injury Market share is consolidated by the top ten players present in the market. Reperfusion Injury, top 10 companies are Omeros Corporation, Erimos Pharmaceuticals, Prolong Pharmaceuticals,Orexo AB , Eustralis Pharmaceuticals Ltd. , Stealth Peptides , Vasade Biosciences , Opsona Therapeutics Limited and Pharming Group N.V. among others.
- In September 2018, Omeros Corporation acquires Juno Therapeutics Inc.
- In January 2016, NeuroVive Pharmaceutical AB,the mitochondrial medicine company announces the partial acquisition of British company Isomerase Therapeutics.
1. Reperfusion Injury Market - Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Reperfusion Injury Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Product Type
2.3 Key trends by Injury Type
2.4 Key trends by Applications
2.5 Key trends by Geography
3. Reperfusion Injury Market – Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking – Key Companies
3.2 Financial Analysis – Key Companies
3.3 Market Value Split by Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis – Key Companies
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Reperfusion Injury Market - Startup Companies Scenario (Premium)
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Reperfusion Injury Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium (Premium)
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Reperfusion Injury Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters five force model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Reperfusion Injury Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. Reperfusion Injury Market – By Product Type (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
9. Reperfusion Injury Market – By Injury Type (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
9.1 Heart Injury
9.2 Kidney Injury
9.3 Intestine Injury
10. Reperfusion Injury Market – By Treatment (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
10.1 Therapeutic Hypothermia
10.3 Stem Cell Therapy
10.4 Hydrogen Sulphide Treatment
11. Reperfusion Injury Market - By Geography Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
11.1 North America
11.2.6 Rest of Europe
11.3 Asia Pacific
11.3.4 South Korea
11.3.5 Australia & New Zealand
11.3.6 New Zealand
11.3.7 Rest of APAC
11.4 Rest of the World
11.4.1 Middle East
11.4.3 South America
12. Reperfusion Injury Market - Entropy
13. Reperfusion Injury Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape (Premium)
13.1 Market Share Analysis
13.1.1 Global Market Share – Key Companies
13.1.2 Market Share by Region – Key companies
13.1.3 Market Share by Countries – Key Companies
13.1.4 Best Practices for Companies
14. Reperfusion Injury Market – Key Company List by Country Premium (Premium)
15. Reperfusion Injury Market Company Analysis
15.1 Company 1
15.2 Company 2
15.3 Company 3
15.4 Company 4
15.5 Company 5
15.6 Company 6
15.7 Company 7
15.8 Company 8
15.9 Company 9
15.10 Company 10 and more
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.