Weight Loss Stomach Pump Market Overview
Weight Loss Stomach Pump Market size is estimated to reach $456.7 million by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 4.3% during the forecast period 2022-2027. A weight loss stomach pump is a medical device that permits regulation over the absorption of calories by the human body. It is a pump that links externally to discharge the complete stomach contents. These pumps are chiefly used by bulimia patients with age 22 or greater. Anorexia nervosa is an eating ailment represented most noticeably by weight loss and lack of nutrients. Gastric lavage is the medical term for having the stomach pumped. As reported in June 2016, the U.S. Food And Drug Administration (FDA) authorized a stomach pump device termed the AspireAssist device, declared by some as a “reverse feeding tube,” to assist people in losing weight. The increasing predominance of obesity and the surging application of gastric bypass surgery in patients are set to drive the Weight Loss Stomach Pump Market. The proliferating application of weight loss stomach pump devices by youth is set to propel the growth of the Weight Loss Stomach Pump Market during the forecast period 2022-2027. This represents the Weight Loss Stomach Pump Industry Outlook.
The report: “Weight Loss Stomach Pump Market Forecast
(2022-2027)”, by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following
segments of the Weight Loss
Stomach Pump Market.
By Disease Type: Obesity, Bulimia, Diabetes, Anorexia,
By End-User: Hospitals, Clinics, Nursing Homes, Others.
By Geography: North America (U.S, Canada and Mexico), Europe (Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia & New Zealand, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), South America (Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Rest of South America), and Rest Of The World (Middle East, Africa).
- Geographically, North America Weight Loss Stomach Pump Market accounted for the highest revenue share in 2021 and it is poised to dominate the market over the period 2022-2027 owing to the considerable technological progress involving stomach pump devices in the North American region.
- Weight Loss Stomach Pump Market growth is being driven by the surging inclination towards non-surgical treatment globally and the growth in lifestyle practices. However, the soaring cost related to weight loss stomach pump device is one of the major factors hampering the growth of the Weight Loss Stomach Pump Market.
- Weight Loss Stomach Pump Market Detailed Analysis on the Strength, Weakness, and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Weight Loss Stomach Pump Market report.
Weight Loss Stomach Pump Market: Market Share (%) by Region, 2021For more details on this report - Request for Sample
Weight Loss Stomach Pump Market Segment Analysis – By Disease Type:
Loss Stomach Pump Market Segment Analysis – By End User:
Weight Loss Stomach Pump Market Segment Analysis – By Geography:
Increasing Predominance Of Obesity And Bulimia Is Projected To Drive The Growth Of Weight Loss Stomach Pump Market:
Novel Product Launches Involving Weight Loss Stomach Pump Are Expected To Boost The Product Demand:
Weight loss stomach pumps are widely used by obese and bulimia patients. In June 2016, a novel device that diminishes a part of the contents of the stomach of a person after each meal was authorized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The AspireAssist device is targeted towards obese people who are at least 22 years of age and who have been unable to lose weight by way of additional techniques, excluding surgery. The device was established by King of Prussia, Pennsylvania-based firm Aspire Bariatrics. The device includes a pump that fastens to a hose surgically inserted in a patient’s stomach. The hose is linked to a “disk-shaped port valve” that sits flush against the patient’s skin, as per a release from the FDA. Around 20 to 30 minutes after a meal, the patient frees the valve and for the next 10 minutes diminishes around 30 percent of the calories consumed — right into the toilet. These kinds of novel product launches involving Weight Loss Stomach Pump are therefore driving the growth of the Weight Loss Stomach Pump Market during the forecast period 2022-2027.
Weight Loss Stomach Pump Market – Challenges
Disadvantages Of Weight Loss Stomach Pump Are Hampering The Growth Of The Weight Loss Stomach Pump Market:
To be eligible for the weight loss procedure associated with the pump termed Aspire Assist, authorized by the U.S. Food And Drug Administration (FDA), patients need to be at least 22 years old and have a BMI of 35 – 55. Regrettably, as with the gastric balloon, which is seemingly much more hazardous, numerous insurance firms do not cover the cost of this surgery. The cost of a weight loss pump is around $8,000 – $13,000 within the first year, but it does change from patient to patient. The weight loss stomach pump halts operation after 5-6 weeks and does need a return visit to a physician. To introduce the device, anesthesia is not included, but it does need ‘conscious sedation.’ It should be noticed that it is not authorized by ASMBS (American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery). These issues are thus hampering the growth of the Weight Loss Stomach Pump Market.
Weight Loss Stomach Pump Industry Outlook
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the Weight Loss Stomach Pump Market. Key companies of this market are:
- Aspire Bariatrics
- Apollo Endosurgery
- Allurion Technologies
- Spatz FGIA
- Obalon Therapeutics, Inc.
- Ethicon, Inc. (Johnson & Johnson)
- Standard Bariatrics
- In February 2022, Goldman Sachs Group Inc. advanced its position in Apollo Endosurgery, Inc. by 0.7% in the 3rd quarter, as per its most current filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The institutional investor owned 641,971 shares of the biotechnology firm’s stock subsequent to purchasing an added 4,716 shares at the time of the quarter. Goldman Sachs Group Inc. owned 2.24% of Apollo Endosurgery worth $5,816,000 as of its most current SEC filing.
- In October 2021, Apollo Endosurgery, Inc. declared that research investigators of the Multi-Center ESG Randomized Interventional Trial (MERIT) demonstrated positive results. Dr. Barham Abu Dayyeh, Professor of Medicine and Director of Advanced Endoscopy at the Mayo Clinic displayed the data at the International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO) at the time of the "Top 10 Papers at IFSO" session. Key highlights are inclusive of “Study Methods” were in the trial admitted 208 patients across nine U.S. centers.
- In May 2021, Apollo Endosurgery, Inc. declared financial outcomes for the first quarter ended March 31, 2021. Some of the focal points include the Total revenue being $13.9 million, a surge of 29% from the first quarter of 2020 and Endoscopic Suturing System (ESS) revenue heightened by 26%, and Intragastric Balloon (IGB) revenue elevated by 41% in comparison with the first quarter of 2020. Furthermore, a Gross margin of 54% was recorded, 2% greater than the first quarter of 2020.
Report Code: FBR 30004
Report Code: HCR 1279
Report Code: HCR 81075
For more Lifesciences and Healthcare related reports, please click here