Shock Wave Therapy Device Market Overview
Shock Wave Therapy Device Market size is estimated to reach $220.4 million
by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 4.9% during the forecast period 2022-2027. The
shockwave therapy system is a device that discharges targeted electric impulses
to pulverize kidney and gall bladder stones. The unit offers a
non-invasive means of crumbling the kidney stones into tinier pieces that will
pass out of the body naturally. The Shockwave Therapy Device is planned to offer an efficient,
non-invasive treatment of musculoskeletal disorders. Lithotripsy includes
the management of a range of shock waves to the targeted stone. The shock
waves, which are produced by a machine termed a lithotripter, are directed by
x-ray onto the kidney stone. In the field of cardiology, Cardiac shockwave
therapy (CSWT) is a possible and efficient remedy to advance revascularization
in the ischemic myocardium of patients with refractory coronary heart disease
The surging count of patients with musculoskeletal disorders, urological ailments, cardiac ailments, and patients enduring different surgical procedures is set to drive the Shock Wave Therapy Device Market. The multidisciplinary application of shockwave therapy in orthopedics, physiotherapy, urology, sports medicines, veterinary medicines, rehabilitation centers, plastic surgery, and others is set to propel the growth of the Shock Wave Therapy Device Market during the forecast period 2022-2027. This represents the Shock Wave Therapy Device Industry.
The report: “Shock Wave Therapy Device Market Forecast (2022-2027)”, by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Shock Wave Therapy Device Market.
By Technique: Electrohydraulic Shock Waves, Piezoelectric Shock Waves, Redial Shock Waves, Others.
By Application: Orthopedic, Cardiology, Urology, Others.
By End User: Hospitals, Clinics, Others.
By Geography: North America (U.S, Canada and Mexico), Europe (Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia & New Zealand, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), South America (Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Rest of South America), and Rest Of The World (Middle East, Africa).
- Geographically, North America Shock Wave Therapy Device Market accounted for the highest revenue share in 2021 and it is poised to dominate the market over the period 2022-2027 owing to the accelerated boost in the geriatric population with musculoskeletal disorders in the North American region.
- Shock Wave Therapy Device Market growth is being driven by the increasing predominance of accidents, musculoskeletal disorders, and sports injuries. However, the inappropriateness of shock wave therapy for larger stones is one of the major factors hampering the growth of the Shock Wave Therapy Device Market.
- Shock Wave Therapy Device Market Detailed Analysis on the Strength, Weakness, and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Shock Wave Therapy Device Market report.
Shock Wave Therapy Device Market: Market Share (%) by Region, 2021
Shock Wave Therapy Device Market Segment Analysis – By Technique:
The Shock Wave Therapy Device Market
based on technique can be further segmented into Electrohydraulic Shock Waves, Piezoelectric Shock Waves, Redial Shock
Waves, and Others. The Electrohydraulic
Shock Waves Segment held the
largest market share in 2021. This growth is owing to the heightened
awareness and the surging application of the technology over the past few years
together with the raised inclination amidst the doctors. Shock Wave Therapy is
utilized in the treatment of musculoskeletal disorders. The extensive series of
applications in different ailments like cardiovascular diseases, veterinary
medications, and plastic surgery is further propelling the growth of the Electrohydraulic
Shock Waves segment.
Furthermore, the Piezoelectric Shock Waves segment is estimated to grow with the fastest CAGR of 5.6% during the forecast period 2022-2027 owing to the extensive application of the piezoelectric shock waves being produced by an electrical discharge by way of piezo crystals mounted on a parabolic surface with the surging application of shock wave therapy in musculoskeletal disorders.
Shock Wave Therapy Device Market Segment Analysis – By End User:
The Shock Wave Therapy
Device Market based on end-user can be further segmented into Hospitals, Clinics, and Others. The Hospitals
segment held the largest market share in 2021.
This growth is owing to the surging application of Shock Wave Therapy Device
for the treatment of various ailments like musculoskeletal disorders in hospitals. Lithotripsy
techniques are extensively performed in hospitals. The augmented financing by
the key players owing to the heightening acceptance of shock wave therapy
devices for cardiology in developing countries is further propelling the growth
of this segment.
Furthermore, the Others segment is estimated to grow with the fastest CAGR of 5.7% during the forecast period 2022-2027 owing to the extensive application of Shock Wave Therapy Device for treatment of musculoskeletal disorders in conjunction with the proliferating demand for shock wave therapy devices in physiotherapy centers.
Shock Wave Therapy Device Market Segment Analysis – By Geography:
The Shock Wave Therapy
Device Market based on geography can be further segmented into North America,
Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and Rest of the World. North America held the largest share with 35% of the overall
market in 2021. The growth of this region is owing to the soaring progressive technology and the well-entrenched healthcare
infrastructure offering shock wave therapy for pain management in the North
American region. Shock
Wave Therapy is applied in the treatment of musculoskeletal disorders. The increasing
predominance of cardiac ischemia, kidney stones, and erectile dysfunction is further
propelling the growth of the Shock Wave Therapy Device Market in the North
Furthermore, the Asia-Pacific region is estimated to be the region with the fastest CAGR rate over the forecast period 2022-2027. This growth is owing to factors like the enormous population in the Asia-Pacific region. The surging count of cases of musculoskeletal disorders, the unwillingness for surgical techniques, and the inclination towards non-invasive technologies in countries like India, China, and Japan are further fuelling the progress of the Shock Wave Therapy Device Market in the Asia-Pacific region.
Surging Clinical Applications Of Shock Wave Therapy Device For Musculoskeletal Disorders Are Projected To Drive The Growth Of Shock Wave Therapy Device Market:
Proliferating Application Of Shock Wave Lithotripsy (SWL) Is Expected To Boost The Demand Of Shock Wave Therapy Device:
Shock wave lithotripsy (SWL) has been a secure and efficient non-invasive treatment alternative for nephrolithiasis since the early 1980s. Since then, lithotripter technology has been clarified, and indications for SWL have extended. It is an appealing alternative for patients as it offers a really minimally invasive technique to accomplish complete stone-free rates (SFR) nearing 75%. As with any procedure, case selection and technique are crucial to make perfect results, diminish morbidity and augment SFR. Prior to commencing SWL treatment, it is essential to discuss the treatment alternatives accessible (inclusive of endourologic options) with patients to assist patients in choosing their optimal management option. The proliferating application of shock wave lithotripsy (LWL) is therefore driving the growth of the Shock Wave Therapy Device Market during the forecast period 2022-2027.
Shock Wave Therapy Device Market – Challenges
Disadvantages Of Lithotripsy Are Hampering The Growth Of The Shock Wave Therapy Device Market:
Lithotripsy side effects like back pain are typical in the case of percutaneous lithotripsy. In this kind of lithotripsy, an incision is built at the posterior side of the patient’s body for the elimination of stones that are too large to be passed naturally. Additional typical side effects are inclusive of bleeding, which happens to owe to the energy beam being focused in an uncontrolled manner, thereby injuring the organ. In a unique event, if the suitable surgical protocols are not adhered to, consequent to the laser lithotripsy for kidney stone elimination, possibilities of infection are there also. There exists sufficient data which demonstrates that a lithotripsy experience can add to issues like hypertension and diabetes. These issues are thus hampering the growth of the Shock Wave Therapy Device Market.
Shock Wave Therapy Device Industry Outlook
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in this market. Shock Wave Therapy Device top 10 companies include:
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- C. R. Bard, Inc.
- Dornier MedTech GmbH
- Olympus Corporation
- Lumenis Ltd.
- Cook Group
- Medtrue Enterprise Co., Ltd
- Siemens AG
- Karl Storz SE & Co. KG
- EDAP TMS
- In September 2021, Olympus Corporation introduced the earliest devices in the novel Powerseal family of progressive bipolar surgical energy products. The Powerseal 5mm Curved Jaw Tissue Sealer and Divider, Double-Action devices fulfill the most soaring standards of clinical performance for progressive bipolar surgical energy devices by conveying constant sealing trustworthiness in an ergonomic, multifunctional design that advances procedural effectiveness. With the discharge of the Powerseal devices, Olympus is launching a line of bipolar surgical energy devices that reinforce a comprehensive and differentiated surgical energy portfolio, which features the rare Thunderbeat hybrid energy devices and Sonicbeat ultrasonic dissectors.
- In July 2021, Lumenis, declared the introduction of a complete worldwide educational platform termed MOSES HoLEP University that will allow urologists to provide their patients holmium laser enucleation of the prostate (HoLEP) with MOSES, the gold-standard treatment for enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hyperplasia, or BPH). By making HoLEP training accessible to any urologist at any time, the program will fulfil an educational void. While interest in the technique is increasing by 8% to 12% per year, opportunities for coaching remain restricted owing to limited hospital foot traffic and travel at the time of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- In September 2020, Boston Scientific Corporation declared that it has started a regulated introduction of the ACURATE neo2™ Aortic Valve System in Europe. This next-generation transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI) technology is a novel platform planned with a count of characteristics to enhance upon the clinical performance of the original ACURATE neo platform. In comparison with the former generation device, the ACURATE neo2 valve system also has an extended indication for patients with aortic stenosis – with no particularized age or risk level – who are recognized as suitable candidates for the therapy by their heart team, inclusive of a cardiac surgeon.
Report Code: HCR 0173
Report Code: HCR 70929