Telepathology Service Market Overview
Telepathology Service Market size is estimated to reach $1.6 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 11.2% during the forecast period 2022-2027. Telepathology is the routine of pathology at a distance. It utilizes telecommunications technology to promote the transfer of image-rich pathology data between faraway locations for the purposes of diagnosis, education, and research. There are many communication modalities utilized for carrying out these actions inclusive of real-time video microscopy, email, whole slide imaging (WSI), static-dynamic robotic microscopy together with hybrid devices with robotic microscopy and WSI capabilities. Telepathology is the routine of medical diagnosis by way of the application of digital transmission of pathological data. Current advances in telecommunications technology and the Internet have made it more effortless and quicker to share medical data amidst colleagues in distinct geographical locations. Telepathology indicates the methods by which one can utilize novel communication systems like the internet to perform pathological tasks remotely. Telepathology systems are sub-divided into three principal kinds namely, static image-based systems, real-time systems, and virtual slide systems. With real-time systems, the specialist actively engages a robotically regulated motorized microscope situated at a faraway site—altering focus, brilliance, magnification, and field of view—at one’s discretion.
The extensive utilization of telepathology services for applications like medical diagnosis by a broad series of laboratories to develop direct communication with the patients and convey pathological services more effectively is set to drive the Telepathology Service Market. The soaring penetration of internet connectivity in developing countries is set to propel the growth of the Telepathology Service Market during the forecast period 2022-2027. This represents the Telepathology Service Industry Outlook.
The report: “Telepathology Service Market Forecast (2022-2027)”, by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Telepathology Service Market.
By System Type: Virtual Slide Systems,
Real-Time Systems, Image-Based Systems.
By Application: Diagnosis, Education, Research, Others.
By End User: Hospitals, Diagnostic Centers And Pathology Clinics, Pharmaceutical And Biotech Companies, Academic Institutes, Research Organizations, Others.
By Geography: North America (U.S, Canada and Mexico), Europe (Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia & New Zealand, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), South America (Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Rest of South America), and Rest Of The World (Middle East, Africa).
- Geographically, North America Telepathology Service Market accounted for the highest revenue share in 2021 and it is poised to dominate the market over the period 2022-2027 owing to the soaring acceptance of progressive technology for medical diagnosis and the effortless accessibility of well-outfitted infrastructure in the North American region.
- Telepathology Service Market growth is being driven by the surging application of telepathology services through communication systems like the internet for consultations, primary diagnosis, second opinion consultations, frozen sections, quality assurance, education, and research purposes. However, the non-existence of best practice guidelines, basic standards together with regulatory concerns are some of the major factors hampering the growth of the Telepathology Service Market.
- Telepathology Service Market Detailed Analysis on the Strength, Weakness, and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Telepathology Service Market report.
Telepathology Service Market: Market Share (%) by Region, 2021
For More Details on This Report - Request for Sample
Telepathology Service Market Segment Analysis – By Application:
The Telepathology Service Market based on the application can be further segmented into Diagnosis, Education, Research, and Others. The Diagnosis Segment held the largest market share in 2021. This growth is owing to the surging application of telepathology services for medical diagnosis and the boost in demand for efficient and high-quality healthcare services in diagnosis. Telepathology (TP) offers remote pathology services for primary diagnosis practices, inclusive of intraoperative consultation of surgical pathology. The proliferating demand for real-time systems in diagnosis in developed countries is further propelling the growth of the Diagnosis segment.
Furthermore, the Research segment is estimated to grow with the fastest CAGR of 11.6% during the forecast period 2022-2027 owing to the determinants like the soaring funding in the healthcare sector and the boost in the research and development activities targeted towards better medical diagnosis by the key players to establish progressive services.
Telepathology Service Market Segment Analysis – By End User:
The Telepathology Service Market based on end-user can be further segmented into Hospitals, Diagnostic Centers And Pathology Clinics, Pharmaceutical And Biotech Companies, Academic Institutes, Research Organizations, and Others. The Hospitals segment held the largest market share in 2021. This growth is owing to the effortless accessibility of progressive infrastructure in hospitals and the surge in the demand for telepathology communication systems in hospitals. Telepathology can be used for medical diagnosis and for enhanced patient care in remote areas. It has authorized a great improvement in cancer diagnosis in certain hospitals. The extensive demand for telepathology services in countries like China is further propelling the growth of this segment.
Furthermore, the Diagnostic Centers And Pathology Clinics segment is estimated to grow with the fastest CAGR of 12.1% during the forecast period 2022-2027 owing to the surging demand for telepathology services in medical diagnosis and the heightened application of real-time systems in diagnostic centers and pathology clinics.
Telepathology Service Market Segment Analysis – By Geography:
The Telepathology Service Market based on geography can be further segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and Rest of the World. North America held the largest share with 38% of the overall market in 2021. The growth of this region is owing to the proliferating levels of financing in the healthcare sector in the North American region. Telepathology is the routine of medical diagnosis promoted by digital transmission of pathological data. The emergence of server-based communication systems to manage tools for specialist consultation is further propelling the growth of the Telepathology Service Market in the North American region.
Furthermore, the Asia-Pacific region is estimated to be the region with the fastest CAGR over the forecast period 2022-2027. This growth is owing to factors like the surging significance of telepathology services for medical diagnosis in the Asia-Pacific region. The growing financing by key players to establish progressive telepathology services are further fuelling the progress of the Telepathology Service Market in the Asia-Pacific region.
Telepathology Service Market - Drivers
Surging Applications Of Telepathology Service Are Projected To Drive The Growth Of Telepathology Service Market:
Telepathology is presently being utilized for a broad spectrum of clinical applications inclusive of diagnosis of frozen section specimens, primary histopathology diagnoses, second opinion diagnoses, subspecialty pathology expert diagnoses, analytical and controlled preclinical toxicology investigations, education, competency evaluation, and research. The demand for specialist neuropathologic intraoperative diagnoses frequently surpasses the accessible supply and geographic distribution of neuropathology centers. Telepathology has thus been applied in current years to fulfill this demand. Along with workflow effectiveness, rare benefits of telepathology are inclusive of combination into additional informatics modalities, quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) maintenance, and the possibility for visual data to be readily accessible to clinicians. Given the enhancements in technology and the multiple applications of telepathology for medical diagnosis, this technique for conveying patient care will certainly continue to grow over time. The surging applications of Telepathology Services are therefore fuelling the growth of the Telepathology Service Market during the forecast period 2022-2027.
Soaring Benefits Of International Telepathology Are Expected To Boost The Demand Of Telepathology Service:
Telepathology is the routine of medical diagnosis expedited by digital transmission of pathological data. Telepathology makes it quicker and more effortless to share medical images. Biopsies can be incised, tainted, scanned, magnified, and transmitted digitally at the time of an operation. The benefits of international telepathology include centralized quality control, quick and clear delivery, international storage without regional servers, and more effortless education. With all the telehealth materials arriving by way of big hospitals and medical firms, everything that requires quality control begins in one place leading to centralized quality control. The quality of healthcare surges when doctors can acquire near-instantaneous test outcomes and scans through the application of digital technology. The soaring benefits of international telepathology are therefore driving the growth of the Telepathology Service Market during the forecast period 2022-2027.
Telepathology Service Market – Challenges
Challenges like installation of Hightech infrastructure Are Hampering The Growth Of The Telepathology Service Market:
The challenge of digital pathology includes the requirement of medical facilities to adopt this technology to a greater extent. In Croatia, the war and occupation of great portions of territory by Serbian troops in 1991 - 95 leading to serious communication issues, turned on the launch of telepathology systems. Especially challenging was the requirement of launching systems that could be based on antiquated infrastructure and utilized by conventional pathologists. This led to the launch and continued growth of image database and telepathology programs ISSA and PHAROS. These systems authorized still (“frozen”) image transmission with parallel voice or textual communication. Once a decision to invest in telepathology has been taken, clinicians and managers encounter an assortment of implementation challenges beyond technical facets. Beyond technical problems, challenges can be discovered at the individual, organizational, and legal levels. These issues are thus hampering the growth of the Telepathology Service Market.
Telepathology Service Industry Outlook
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the Telepathology Service Market. Key companies of this market are:
- eVisit Telemedicine Solutions
- Leica Biosystems Nussloch Gmbh
- Meyer Instruments Inc.
- Remote Medical Technologies
- Teleconsult Europe
- Washington University in St. Louis
- Unilabs SA
- SRL Diagnostics
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- General Electric Company
- In October 2021, eVisit declared the introduction of its thought leadership podcast, Changing Healthcare. The novel forum highlights firm co-founders, CEO Bret Larsen and CTO Miles Romney, leading insightful conversations with healthcare leaders, change-makers, and innovators regarding Virtual Care and additional HealthTech topics to assist listeners in staying ahead in an acceleratedly developing industry. The podcast's earliest episode, Virtual Care is CARE, is presently accessible on numerous podcast distribution platforms, inclusive of Spotify, Google Podcasts, and YouTube (shortly on Apple Podcasts).
- In February 2021, eVisit declared the earliest big release of the novel year for its eVisit Enterprise platform, which presently involves Spanish language, extended Single Sign On (SSO) support, decrease in clicks-to-visit, and automatized approaches for the safe distribution of eVisit data and reports to customer organizations for improved Business Intelligence (BI) and decision making. The Spanish language was a critical need to onboard a novel customer that chose eVisit as its enterprise-wide virtual care platform and attends to almost all Spanish-speaking populations. As Spanish is the second most typical language spoken in the U.S., this novel capacity allows eVisit to offer an even higher level of accessibility and service to patients and providers.
- In May 2020, Leica Biosystems declared that it has introduced the Aperio GT 450 DX, its next-generation digital pathology scanner, in the Asia-Pacific region. With continued packing, no-touch operation, and 32 second scan time at 40x magnification, the Aperio GT 450 DX, registered as CE IVD and TGA, permits healthcare organizations to scale up digital pathology so that the ever-surging demands may be fulfilled without sacrificing quality. The Aperio GT 450 DX System was carefully tested by technicians and pathologists in Asia, inclusive of at Seoul National University Hospital (SNUH), a chief digital pathology hospital in South Korea, to decide the workflow influence.
Telemedicine Technologies Market – Forecast
(2022 - 2027)
Report Code: HCR 0393
U.K. Telehealth &
Telemedicine Market – Forecast (2022 - 2027)
Report Code: HCR 1301
Digital Pathology Market - Forecast(2022 - 2027)
Report Code: HCR 0404
For more Lifesciences and Healthcare Market reports, please click here
For more Lifesciences and Healthcare Market reports, please click here