Global Vaccines Market Overview
Vaccines are biological formulations taken to improve immunity against specific diseases. Vaccines are manufactured from a weakened or killed disease-causing microorganism. A vaccine recognizes foreign invaders and releases the antibodies to destroy them and also provides immunity against that particular disease in the future. Based on technology, the global vaccines market is segmented into live attenuated vaccines, inactivated vaccines, and Subunit & Recombinant vaccines. The market is also segmented based on disease indication and end user. The global vaccines market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 6.67% during the forecast period 2018-2023.
Global Vaccines Market Outlook
Vaccines are given to prevent the occurrence of diseases. Vaccines are considered one of the most cost-effective as well as preventive methods available to reduce mortality and morbidity after clean drinking water. It reduces hospitalization costs and healthcare expense. Huge reduction in a number of hospitalization in the developed countries and increased mortality rate in developing countries have been observed due to vaccination against infectious diseases. On the basis of technology, live attenuated vaccines dominate the market. The segment is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.44% during the forecast period. Based on disease indication, the Human Papilloma Virus segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Currently, North America is dominating the vaccines market. However, Asia-Pacific is projected to grow at a highest CAGR during the forecast period.
Global Vaccines Market Growth Drivers
- The Global Vaccines Market is largely driven by the growing focus on immunization programs and rising prevalence of infectious diseases. Increasing government initiatives to create more awareness about vaccination is another major driver for the growth of the vaccines market across the world. Increasing company initiatives to enhance R&D is also driving the vaccines market. Due to government initiatives, there is increased demand of vaccines in developed countries.
Global Vaccines Market Challenges
- Inadequate access to vaccines in developing countries is one of the main constraints for the global vaccines market. Due to uncertainty about demand, the manufacturers produce less quantities of vaccines. It leads to an increase in the overall price of vaccines. There is still a lack of trust among patients regarding the potency and safety of vaccines. Along with this, stringent regulatory process also push back the development of new vaccines for high-burden infectious diseases.
Global Vaccines Market Research Scope:-
The base year of the study is 2017, with forecast done up to 2023. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on volume shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the Global Vaccines market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the types of vaccines by technology and vaccines by disease indication.
Global Vaccines Market Report: Industry Coverage
By Type: Monovalent, Multivalent.
By Technology: Live Attenuated Vaccines, Inactivated and Subunit Vaccines, Toxoid Vaccines. Conjugate Vaccines and Recombinant Vaccines.
By Disease Indication: Pneumococcal Disease, DTP, Influenza, Human Papilloma Virus, Meningococcal Disease, Polio, and Rotavirus.
By End User: Adults and Pediatrics.
The Global Vaccines Market report also analyzes the major geographic regions for the market as well as the major countries for the market in these regions. The regions and countries covered in the study include:
- North America: The U.S, Canada, Mexico
- Europe: U.K, Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Rest of Europe.
- APAC: China, Japan, South Korea, India, Rest of APAC.
- Rest of the World (RoW): South America, Middle East, Africa.
Global Vaccines Market Key Players Perspective:
A study in Health Affairs covering 73 Gavi-supported countries over the 2011–2020 period shows that, for every US$ 1 spent on immunization, $18 are saved in healthcare costs, lost wages, and lost productivity due to illness.
Some of the key players in this market are Pfizer, Sanofi Pasteur, CSL Limited, AstraZeneca, and Emergent BioSoultions.
Global Vaccines Market Trends:
- Acquisition was the dominant strategy adopted by the prominent players of the Global Vaccines Market, accounting for up to 52% of the total market share, followed by product launch.
- In August, 2017 CSL Limited acquired Wuhan Zhong Yuan Rui De Biological Products Co.Ltd. From Humanwell Healthcare Group Co.Ltd.
Key Questions Addressed in the Global Vaccines Market Report-
1. Is the market for Global Vaccines Market growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
2. Which type of Global Vaccines Market presents the major growth opportunities?
3. Is there a possibility for change in the market structure over time?
4. Are additional developments needed for the existing product offerings or do the existing products meet the customer demands?
5. What is the current status of Global Vaccines Market?
6. Which are the major relevant technology segments within Global Vaccines Market?
7. Which type of Disease will witness heavy growth in Global Vaccines Market?
8. What are the short-term, long-term, and medium-term growth drivers for the market?
9. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term challenges for the market?
10. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term opportunities for the market
11. Who are the top players/companies of the market?
12. What are the recent innovations in the market?
13. How many patents have been filed by the leading players?
14. What are the types of patents filed by the leading players?
15. What is the futuristic scenario for the adoption of Global Vaccines?
16. What is our Vision 2030 for the Global Vaccines Market?
A few focus points of this Research are given below:
- Give a deep-dive analysis of the key operational strategies with focus on the corporate structure, R&D strategies, localization strategies, production capabilities, and sales performance of various companies
- Provide an overview of the product portfolio, including product planning, development, and positioning
- Discuss the role of technology companies in partnerships
- Explore the regional sales activities
- Analyze the market size and giving the forecast for current and future Global Vaccines Market during the forecast 2018–2023
- Analyze the competitive factors, competitors’ market shares, product capabilities, and supply chain structures
IndustryARC Research Best Practices
The Global Vaccines Market size is evaluated based on the number of products per organization type along with the varying price points pertaining to specific applications. These were identified as key informational conjectures for market estimation in 2017/2018.
The Global Vaccines Market share is thoroughly checked against all data points that have been incorporated and rechecked against various data sources. Various C-level executives and key opinion leaders are contacted for verification of the data.
The Global Vaccines Market forecast and growth rate are achieved by applying the time series forecasting methodology on the various factors. The market forecast and growth rate are further backed with historical trends of the market along with a regressive mathematical model that assesses the value based on factors such as capital expenditure, equipment lifespan, R&D investments, and so on.
The Global Vaccines Market demand has been researched taking into account the prominent economies across the different cities to understand their corresponding impact on the market.
The Global Vaccines Market drivers are evaluated for short-term, medium-term, and long-term based on the different market dynamics impacting the market.
The Global Vaccines Market challenges are evaluated for short-term, medium-term, and long-term based on the different market dynamics impacting the market.
The Global Vaccines Market outlook provides a brief overview of the market performance and anticipated change in market dynamics.
The Global Vaccines Market analysis also involves the identification of new companies that have entered the market scenario and their impact on the market dynamics in the future.
1. Global Vaccines Market – Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Global Vaccines Market – Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by disease indication
2.3 Key trends segmented by geography
3. Global Vaccines Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium
3.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
3.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
3.3 Case studies of successful ventures
3.4 Customer Analysis – Key companies Investment
4. Global Vaccines Market – Market Forces
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Constraints
4.3 Market Opportunities
4.4 Porters five forces model
4.4.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining powers of customers
4.4.3 Threat of new entrants
4.4.4 Rivalry among existing players
4.4.5 Threat of substitutes
5. Global Vaccines Market – By Type (Market Size -$Million/$Billion)
6. Global Vaccines Market – By Technology(Market Size -$Million/$Billion)
6.1 Live Attenuated Vaccines
6.2 Inactivated and Subunit Vaccines
6.3 Toxoid Vaccines
6.4 Conjugate Vaccines
6.5 Recombinant Vaccines
7. Global Vaccines Market – By Disease Indication (Market Size -$Million/$Billion)
7.1 Pneumococcal Disease
7.4 Human Papilloma Virus
7.5 Meningococcal Disease
8. Global Vaccines Market – By End User (Market Size - $Million/$Billion)
9. Global Vaccines Market – By Geography (Market Size -$Million/$Billion)
9.1 North America
9.2.6 Rest of Europe
9.3 Asia Pacific
9.3.3 South Korea
9.3.5 Rest of APAC
9.4 Rest of the World
9.4.1 South America
9.4.2 Middle East
10. Global Vaccines Market – Market Entropy
11. Global Vaccines Market Company Analysis
11.1 Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
11.2 Company 1
11.3 Company 2
11.4 Company 3
11.5 Company 4
11.6 Company 5
11.7 Company 6
11.8 Company 7
11.9 Company 8
11.10 Company 9
11.11 Company 10 and more
"*Financials of private companies would be provided on a best-efforts basis”.
List of Tables
Table 1 Global Vaccines Market, Key Vaccines by Country, 2018
Table 2 Global Vaccines Market Revenue ($m), By Company, 2018
Table 3 Global Vaccines Market Competitor Benchmarking
Table 4 Major Government Regulations
Table 5 The Ease of Doing Business Index: Top Countries
Table 6 Global Vaccines Market: Children aged 19-35 months receiving vaccinations in U.S. (%), 2018
Table 7 Vaccines Market, Key Company List by Key Country, 2018
Table 8 Assumptions & Research Methodology for Global Vaccines Market
Table 9 Secondary Sources: Global Vaccines Market (Partial List)
Table 10 Primary Sources: Global Vaccines Market (Partial List)
List of Figures
Figure1 Global Vaccines Market, PESTLE Analysis
Figure2 Global Vaccines Value share - By Geography 2018, 2023 (%)
Figure3 Global Vaccines Market CAGR (%) – By Geography
Figure4 Global Vaccines Value share - By Technology 2018, 2023 (%)
Figure5 Global Vaccines Market CAGR (%) – By Technology
Figure6 Pfizer Inc.
Figure7 Merck & Co., Inc.
Figure8 GlaxoSmithKline plc
Figure10 CSL Limited
Figure11 EPS, By Company, 2015-2018 ($/Share)
Figure12 Global Human Vaccines Market, Number of Patents, 2014 – 2019*
Figure13 Global Human Vaccines Market, Number of Patents, By Country, 2014 – 2018*
Figure14 Global Vaccines Market, Market Share, By Company, 2018 (%)
Figure15 Global Vaccines Market Startup Investment, 2014 – March* 2019, ($Million)
Figure16 Global Vaccines Market Investment Share, By Company (Startup) (%)
Figure17 Global Vaccines Market, Value Chain Analysis
Figure18 Figure: Global Vaccines Market Life Cycle, 2018–2023
Figure19 Global Vaccines Market Segmentation – By Technology
Figure20 Global Vaccines Market Growth Rate- By Technology, 2018–2023 (%)
Figure21 Global Vaccines Market Segmentation – By Disease Indication
Figure22 Global Vaccines Market Growth Rate- By Disease Indication, 2018–2023 (%)
Figure23 Global Vaccines Market Segmentation – By End User
Figure24 Global Vaccines Market Growth Rate- By End user, 2018–2023 (%)
Figure25 Global Vaccines Market Entropy Share, By Strategies, 2016--2019* (%)
Figure26 Global Vaccines Market Entropy, By Total Number of Developments, 2016-2019*