Globally, development of efficient and advanced technologies such as the inclusion of micro needles, rise in the awareness among people, increasing government initiatives across the globe, and growing preference of patients as well as physicians toward pain-free drug delivery are the prime growth drivers of the self-testing and self-injectable devices market. In addition, increase in adoption of self-testing and self-injectable devices for peripheral artery diseases, and emerging economies such as China, India and others, will create new opportunities for the self-testing and self injectable devices market. However, higher cost of research and development, and higher cost of interventional devices are the key restraints for the self-testing and self injectable devices market.
Geographically, North America dominated the self-testing and self injectable devices market, with approximately half of the world’s consumption being done in the U.S. because of higher healthcare expenditure, medical reimbursement facilities, advanced technologies, and huge investments undertaken by prominent as well as new market entrants. Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to a rapidly increasing aging population, rise in consumer awareness, favourable government policies, modernization of healthcare infrastructure, and growing medical tourism industry in developing nations such as China, and India in this region. Among all the products, Blood Glucose Monitoring (BGM) has the fastest growing rate in the self-testing and self injectable devices market due to higher prevalence of diabetic patients.
This report identifies the self-testing and self injectable devices market size for the years 2014-2016, and forecast of the same till the year 2022. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to the self-testing and self injectable devices market.
This report segments the self-testing and self injectable devices market on the basis of product, devices, application, and regional market as follows:
- Self-Testing and Self Injectable Devices Market, By Product: Auto Injectors, Blood Glucose Monitoring (BGM), Double Blood Pump Module (DBPM), Insulin Pump, Activity Monitors, Thermometers, Weighing Machines, and Others
- Self-Testing and Self Injectable Devices Market, By Devices: Disposables & Reusable, Fillable & Prefilled, Pen, Needle Free, and Auto Injectors
- The report has focused study on self-testing and self injectable devices market by basis of application such as: Diabetes, Oncology, Chronic Diseases, Personal Care, and Others
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the self-testing and self injectable devices market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Becton Dickinson & Co.
- Baxter International, Inc.
- Bayer Crop Science Ltd.
- SHL Group
- Ypsomed Holding AG