Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures Market Overview
The rising demand for cosmetic surgeries, heightening application of skin grafts and an increasing number of skin cancer among individuals are set to drive the Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures Market. The surging research and development initiatives in the healthcare sector, boost in government funding, and technological advancements in the Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures Industry are set to propel the growth of the Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures Market during the forecast period 2022-2027. This represents the Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures Industry Outlook.
Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures Market Report Coverage
The “Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures Market Report - Forecast (2022-2027)" by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments in the Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures Market.
- Geographically, North America (Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures market share) accounted for the highest revenue share in 2021. This region is poised to dominate the market over the period 2022-2027 owing to the increasing predominance of skin cancer resulting in surging acceptance of plastic surgery together with the boost in the growth of integumentary system procedures and heightening application of cultured epithelial autograft (CEA) providing decreased donor cell morbidity in the North American region.
- Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures Market growth is being driven by the rising demand for maintaining beauty and youth, proliferating application of skin grafts for replacement of injured or missing skin and upsurge in cost-efficient surgical procedures with raised security in the Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures Industry. However, the soaring costs of plastic surgery and dearth of awareness amidst people regarding plastic surgery are some of the major factors hampering the growth of Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures Market.
- Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures Market Detailed Analysis on the Strength, Weakness, and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures Market Report.
Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures Market: Market Share (%) By Region, 2021
For More Details on This Report - Request for Sample
Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures Market Segment Analysis - By Procedure
The Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures Market based on procedure can be further segmented into Prefilled Syringe Biopsy, Excisional Biopsy, Incisional Biopsy, Culture & Sensitivity (C&S) and Skin Tests. The Excisional Biopsy Segment held the largest Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures market share in 2021. This growth is owing to the surging application of excisional biopsies assisting in the assessment of lesions for which architectural features support the correct histopathologic diagnosis, inflammatory lesions, and deep dermal or subcutaneous lesion. An excisional biopsy also termed a wide local incision, involves surgical removal of a tumor and some normal tissue around it. Excisional biopsy is also the best choice for evaluating a suspected melanoma owing to the depth of the lesion offering vital diagnostic and prognostic information. Excisional biopsy is mostly utilized for the treatment of skin cancer and there are seven technical considerations involved in the excisional biopsy of skin tumors like septic technique, examination, and demarcation of skin lesion, skin biomechanical properties, anesthesia, excisional biopsy, wound closure and postoperative care. The soaring technological progress in excisional biopsy resulting in the heightened adoption of these techniques is further propelling the growth of the Excisional Biopsy segment.
Furthermore, the Incisional Biopsy segment is estimated to grow with the fastest CAGR of 5.9% during the forecast period 2022-2027 owing to the surging application of incisional biopsy for eliminating a wedge of tissue from the center or edge of a lesion. When complete excision of a skin lesion is not possible, an incisional biopsy can be carried out for tissue diagnosis. Human skin autograft has been the gold standard for resurfacing the body and closing wounds that are hard to cure. Incisional biopsies are presently suggested for the histopathologic diagnosis of large tumors in facial, mucosal, and acral locations, which is further fueling the growth of the Incisional Biopsy segment.
Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures Market Segment Analysis - By Operating Area
The Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures Market based on operating area can be further segmented into Skin, Nose, Breast, Subcutaneous Tissue and Eyelids. The Nose Segment held the largest Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures market share in 2021. This growth is owing to the current boost in focus of consumers on their beauty thereby requiring alterations in their face which in turn surges the demand for plastic surgery on nose. The emerging trend of becoming a celebrity is one of the factors that boosts the adoption of plastic surgery on the nose. Currently, rhinoplasty is one of the most recognized kinds of plastic surgery in the Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures Industry. Rhinoplasty is performed to reshape the nose and enhance appearance or to fix medical issues that interfere with breathing, like a deviated septum or broken nose. As per the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), in 2020, surgeons carried out 352,555 rhinoplasty procedures in the U.S. Rhinoplasty or nose job is one of the top five cosmetic procedures carried out in the U.S. each year and this is further propelling the growth of this segment.
Furthermore, the Breast segment is estimated to grow with the fastest CAGR of 6.1% during the forecast period 2022-2027 owing to the increasing application of breast surgeries for enlargement, reduction or mastectomy to decrease the possibilities of cancer. Breast surgery is a typical kind of cosmetic surgery that utilizes breast implants or fat transfer to boost the size and form of the breasts. Breast Augmentation has been the most in-demand cosmetic surgery for women in the 18-34-year-old demographic as well as women between the ages of 35-50. The recognition of breast reduction surgery has firmly increased resulting in the growth of the Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures Industry which is further fuelling the growth of this segment.
Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures Market Segment Analysis - By Geography
The Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures Market based on geography can be further segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America and Rest of the World. North America (Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures Market) held the largest Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures market share with 49% of the overall market in 2021. The growth of this region is owing to the increasing predominance of skin ailments and the surging application of skin grafts for severe burns and heavy wounds in the North American region. Skin illness is the most typical ailment in the U.S., influencing up to one-third of the population at any given time. Acne, contact dermatitis, benign tumors, malignancies, atopic dermatitis (also termed eczema), and psoriasis are all typical skin ailments. Plastic surgery is becoming more recognized in the U.S. owing to the increased risk of skin cancer. This component also boosts the growth of operations involving the integumentary system. The demand of cosmetic surgery increased in the U.S., with more than 15.6 cosmetic procedures conducted in 2020, as per the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS). The goal of the ASPS is to advance soaring standards of training, ethics, medical practice and research in plastic surgery to enhance patient care and this is further propelling the growth of the Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures Market in the North American region.
Furthermore, the Asia-Pacific region is estimated to be the region with the fastest CAGR rate over the forecast period 2022-2027. This growth is owing to factors like the budding economic development of countries and progressive healthcare infrastructure in the Asia-Pacific region. Foot and ankle allografts are being increasingly utilized by the elderly and are also being greatly applied for correcting musculoskeletal ailments in the Asia-Pacific region. The huge access to technology, burgeoning medical tourism, and accessibility of high-quality services are further propelling the growth of the Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures Market in the Asia-Pacific region.
Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures Market Drivers
The Rising Demand for Cosmetic Surgery Resulting in Greater Adoption of Plastic Surgery is Projected to Drive the Growth of Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures Market
Cosmetic surgery trends indicate that the demand for plastic surgery will continue to grow as it becomes more advanced, less invasive, and more affordable. Skin grafts may be utilized to cover skin that has been injured and/or is lost. Free gingival autografts are utilized for increasing the quantity of keratinized tissue, expanding the vestibular depth, enlarging the volume of gingival tissues in edentulous spaces (preprosthetic procedures) and covering roots in areas of gingival recession. Novel technologies and innovative techniques including excisional biopsy and incisional Biopsy are pioneered to enhance the quality of procedures even further. In the present world, numerous people wish to look and feel their best. Plastic surgery can assist in accomplishing this and delay the aging process. In the future, this desire to look young and attractive may become even more commonplace as people work and live longer. There are certain plastic surgeries that can be anticipated to continue in their recognition. For example, the number of liposuction procedures being performed is growing in the U.K. and U.S. As obesity and overweight levels are increasing in these populations, it is reasonable to anticipate that liposuction will stay a top plastic surgery procedure for the foreseeable future. As per the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, in 2020, 2.3 million cosmetic surgical procedures, 13.2 million cosmetic minimally invasive procedures, and 6.8 million reconstructive procedures were performed in the U.S., with a 3% increase in the number of procedures over 2019. Women, presently, are more interested in self-care, and plastic surgery is a part of it. Plastic surgery is something that people have never been open about in the past. The growing trend of male plastic surgery procedures with emphasis on liposuction, face lifts and nose jobs is being witnessed in the Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures Industry, thereby contributing to the Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures Industry Outlook. The rising demand for cosmetic surgery resulting in greater adoption of plastic surgery is therefore fueling the growth of the Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures Market during the forecast period 2022-2027.
The Increasing Predominance of Skin Cancer is Fueling the Growth of the Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures Market
Full-thickness autografts are usually utilized for tiny areas, like the face or hand, given that the donor site will need surgical closure succeeding the harvest. Epidermal skin grafts (ESGs) include only the epidermal layer of the skin, involving epidermal cells like melanocytes. They have emerged as an appealing substitute to other grafts for treating intense and chronic wounds. Presently, the count of cases of skin cancer is increasing rapidly, and as per the American Academy of Dermatology, it is estimated that nearly 9,500 people in the U.S. are diagnosed with skin cancer each day which raises the need for plastic surgery. Skin cancer requires surgery to eliminate the cancerous growth. The plastic surgeon can surgically eliminate cancerous and other skin lesions using specialized techniques to conserve the health and the appearance of the patient. Plastic surgeons are one of the vital professionals for skin cancer treatment. These professionals are the most skilled to carry out reconstructions subsequent to tumor resections, owing to their education where in, they learn repair concepts utilizing grafts and flaps specifically focused on the aesthetic appearance of patients. They can also carry out surgery for sentinel lymph nodes and offer a follow-up to patients with skin cancer. The technique that plastic surgeons apply most typically to eliminate skin cancers is termed “surgical excision” which has nearly 94-95% cure rate for nearly all basal cell and squamous cell carcinomas. The majority of skin cancers are treated surgically. The involvement of a plastic surgeon in the treatment of skin cancer is important as it ensures complete excision of cancer and excellent post-operative outcomes owing to attention to detail and minimal scarring. The increasing predominance of skin cancer is therefore fueling the growth of the Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures Market during the forecast period 2022-2027.
Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures Market Challenges
The Rising Side Effects from Plastic Surgery are Hampering the Growth of the Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures Market
Plastic surgery has been an almost secure procedure, in comparison with some other surgeries. As per www.americastopplasticsurgeons.com website, the top reconstructive procedure in 2020 was tumor removal with 5.1 million procedures performed. Some of the top risks involve infection, excessive bleeding, and complexities with other surgical procedures. With the recognition of cosmetic surgery, side effects like failure of surgery, unanticipated infections, and safety accidents are increasingly typical, and these can have physical, psychological, and social consequences. The Ministry of Health and Welfare of Korea recorded that 52.5% of female college students underwent cosmetic surgery, and 12% experienced side effects. The U.S. Food And Drug Administration (FDA) has not approved breast implants in children under the age of 18, and the procedure can cause the child to lose feeling in the breast and nipple. Breast reduction surgery should not be performed until the breasts have attained their full potential. These issues are thus hampering the growth of the Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures Market.
Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures Industry Outlook
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures Market. The top 10 companies in the Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures market are:
- Sientra Inc.
- G.C Aesthetics Inc.
- Merz Pharma
- Galderma S.A.
- Integra Lifesciences
- In May 2021, GC Aesthetics, Inc. (GCA), a privately-held medical technology firm offering aesthetic solutions for global healthcare markets, declared the introduction of its next generation of breast implants, PERLE™. PERLE™ is a greatly innovative line of smooth breast implants that is characterized by a proprietary surface technology (BioQ™), GCA's industry-leading gel technology (Emunomic™ Breast Tissue Dynamic Gel), and an improved version of the security features that have underpinned GCA's long-term excellent safety record. The novel product line offers surgeons and patients with a progressive line of smooth implants that gain from GCA's more than 40 years in the industry, its long-term focus on patient security and innovation, and its exceptional record of customer service and support.
- In February 2021, Galderma declared that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved Restylane® Defyne for the augmentation and correction of mild to moderate chin retrusion for mature grown-ups aged over 21. In 2020 alone, online searches for chin enhancement raised by 185 percent, augmenting the rising patient requirement for a product like Restylane Defyne. Restylane Defyne is the first and only chin filler to show results across an extensive series of participants, involving participants with all skin kinds, male subjects and subjects over the age of 52.Galderma announced the approval of RESTYLANE DEFYNE by the US FDA for the augmentation and correction of mild to moderate chin retrusion for adults over 21 years. Restylane Defyne is a hyaluronic acid (HA) dermal filler that was earliest approved in 2016 by the FDA for mid-to-deep injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to serious deep facial wrinkles and folds, like nasolabial folds, in patients aged over 21.
- In January 2022, Sientra, Inc., a medical aesthetics firm aiming attention on improving lives by promoting the art of plastic surgery, declared that it entered into a definitive agreement on December 31, 2021 to gain substantially all of the assets connected to AuraGen Aesthetic, LLC’s novel fat grafting technology, the AuraGen 1-2-3™ with AuraClens™ (the “AuraGen system”). The AuraGen system, established by leading researchers and plastic surgeons at Massachusetts General Hospital, is FDA 510k-cleared for processing a patient’s own fat for aesthetic body contouring in a broad series of aesthetic specialties. Sientra Inc. acquired Aura Aesthetics LLC in order to enhance lives by advancing the art of plastic surgery. The AuraGen system’s new, filtering, washing, and concentrating system for fat processing is clinically proven to offer better retention and predictability in using a patient’s own fat to fill in additional areas of the body. This concludes the Plastic Surgery & Integumentary System Procedures Industry Outlook.
Report Code - HCR 28547
Report Code - HCR 43447