Cryopreservation Equipment In Stem Cells Market Overview
Cryopreservation Equipment in Stem Cells Market size is estimated to reach $10.3 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 11.9% during the forecast period 2022-2027. Cryopreservation is the technique of maintaining the live cells, tissues, and other biological samples in a deep freeze at subzero temperatures for storage or conservation. The sample is typically maintained at 196°C. At these reduced temperatures, all the biological actions of the cells halt and the cell loses its life. Cryopreservation equipment for long-term storage of human stem cells has strong clinical potential. Essential product types are mechanical freezers, dry store freezers, cryopreservation freezers, incubators, stem cell research laboratory equipment, and cryopreservation vials. Cryo-electron microscopy is one of the most effective imaging tools in a scientist’s toolbox. The method, mentioned as cryo-EM, is utilized to visualize proteins, pathogens, and different constituents of biological cells down to near the level of individual atoms. A novel method makes sample preparation for cryo-EM more secure and clearer by applying liquid nitrogen. Typical cryogens used with cryopreservation equipment include liquid nitrogen, oxygen, argon, and liquid helium. Dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO), a typically utilized cryoprotectant in cryopreservation procedures, is damaging to the viability of cells. Cryoprotectants are at times termed antifreeze. There are numerous cryoprotectants however glycerol, propylene glycol, and dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) are most typically utilized within this class.
The proliferating demand for cryopreservation equipment for the conservation of somatic stem cells is set to drive the Cryopreservation Equipment in Stem Cells Market. The surging research on stem cells in gene therapies and transplantation buoying the acceptance of cryopreservation equipment and cryogens like liquid nitrogen is set to propel the growth of the Cryopreservation Equipment in the Stem Cells Market during the forecast period 2022-2027. This represents the Cryopreservation Equipment in Stem Cells Industry Outlook.
The report: “Cryopreservation Equipment in Stem Cells Market Forecast (2022-2027)”, by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Cryopreservation Equipment in Stem Cells Market.
- Geographically, North America Cryopreservation Equipment in Stem Cells Market accounted for the highest revenue share in 2021 and it is poised to dominate the market over the period 2022-2027 owing to the surging observation of abundant boundless scientific strides associated with cryopreservation in stem cells and the rising application of cryogens like liquid nitrogen in the North American region.
- Cryopreservation Equipment in Stem Cells Market growth is being driven by the increasing progress in the treatment of hematological and non-hematological ailments where stem cells possess the considerable potential and the increasing application of cryogens like liquid nitrogen and argon. However, a growing quantity of proof demonstrating contrary outcomes on the effect of cryopreservation and unfreezing of stem cells, inclusive of thorough physical and biological stresses, apoptosis and necrosis, mitochondrial injuries, alterations to basal respiration and ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate) production, cellular structural damage, telomere shortening, and cellular senescence, and DNA (Deoxy Ribonucleic Acid) damage and oxidative stress is one of the major factors hampering the growth of Cryopreservation Equipment in Stem Cells Market.
- Cryopreservation Equipment in Stem Cells Market Detailed Analysis on the Strength, Weakness, and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Cryopreservation Equipment in Stem Cells Market report.
Cryopreservation Equipment In Stem Cells Market Segment Analysis – By Type
The Cryopreservation Equipment in Stem Cells Market based on type can be further segmented into Liquid Phase, Vapor Phase, and Others. The Liquid Phase held the largest market share in 2021. This growth is owing to the surging application of liquid N2 refrigerators at -196°C in the liquid phase. A routine and consistent supply of liquid nitrogen to the liquid nitrogen refrigerator is essential. The temperature at -196°C in liquid nitrogen is considered perfect for long-term storage and this is further propelling the growth of the Liquid Phase segment.
Furthermore, the Vapor Phase segment is estimated to grow with the fastest CAGR of 12.7% during the forecast period 2022-2027 owing to the perfect storage happening in liquid N2 refrigerator at 150°C in the vapour phase. Liquid nitrogen was utilized earliest for cryogenic storage in the 1950s. The sample is frozen down to the target temperature of 156°C (when stored in the vapor phase) in the case of Hematopoietic Progenitor Stem Cells which is further driving the growth of the Vapor Phase segment.
Cryopreservation Equipment In Stem Cells Market Segment Analysis – By Application:
Based on the application, the Cryopreservation Equipment in Stem Cells Market can be further segmented into Totipotent Stem Cell and Pluripotent Stem Cell. The Totipotent Stem Cell Segment held the largest market share in 2021. This growth is owing to the surging application of totipotent stem cells to create any other type of cell in the body. Liquid Nitrogen is utilized in the cryopreservation technique. The ability of totipotent stem cells to create more of themselves or pluripotent stem cells and to create the complete embryo that will develop into the ultimate organism is further propelling the growth of this segment.
Furthermore, the Pluripotent Stem Cell segment is estimated to grow with the fastest CAGR of 12.9% during the forecast period 2022-2027. The rapid growth is attributed to the pluripotent stem cells providing an inexhaustible basis of healthy cells and tissues to treat numerous kinds of ailments similar to heart disease and diabetes and the increasing application of liquid nitrogen in the cryopreservation technique.
Cryopreservation Equipment In Stem Cells Market Segment Analysis – By Geography:
The Cryopreservation Equipment in Stem Cells Market based on geography can be further segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America and Rest of the World. North America (Cryopreservation Equipment in Stem Cells Market) held the largest share with 35% of the overall market in 2021. The growth of this region is owing to the soaring rate of acceptance of cryopreservation equipment for clinical and laboratory analysis of stem cells in the North American region. Liquid Nitrogen is applied in the cryopreservation technique. The existence of numerous biotech and life sciences firms designed to finance regenerative therapies and stem cell applications pertaining to mature grown-ups is further propelling the growth of the Cryopreservation Equipment in Stem Cells Market in the North American region.
Furthermore, the Asia-Pacific region is estimated to be the region with the fastest CAGR over the forecast period 2022-2027. This growth is owing to factors like the spiraling financing in cryobanking in numerous portions of the Asia-Pacific region. The proliferating application of liquid nitrogen in cryopreservation and the rising demand for personalized medicine and R&D activities are further fuelling the progress of the Cryopreservation Equipment in the Stem Cells Market in the Asia-Pacific region.
Cryopreservation Equipment In Stem Cells Market Drivers
Cryopreservation of Hematopoietic Stem Cells is Projected to Drive the Growth of Cryopreservation Equipment in the Stem Cells Market
Liquid nitrogen is utilized in the cryopreservation technique. The role of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in the treatment of hematologic and nonhematologic malignancies is expeditiously extended. In some situations, fresh stem cells can be made used in the setting of allogeneic transplantation. If the transfer from donor to the recipient can be set up within 72 hr, protocols for preliminary storage at suprafreezing temperatures are in place. However, the recent therapeutic strategies require that the progenitor cells are cryopreserved for virtually all autologous and numerous allogeneic transplants. This strategy has been approved to be secure and not related to considerable unfavorable consequences regarding failure to engraft, graft versus host disease (GVHD), or engraftment failure The cryopreservation process is of significance for all kinds of stem cell collection, however, is perhaps specifically crucial for umbilical cord blood (UCB). The truly existing transplant is here harvested at the time of birth and utilized at a later point in time for a yet, at the time point of the harvest, frequently indeterminate recipient. The UCB is normally stored by either public or private cord blood banks. Public cord blood banks are normally nonprofit organizations, which provide the donor unit to match recipients through national or international registries to potential recipients who require it. Cord blood banks accumulate a donor specimen for the donor or in the case of public banks for an unrecognized recipient for an indeterminate time span. There are presently around 170,000 frozen units in 37 cord-blood registries across 21 countries. Two thousand nine hundred units have been transplanted to date, with mature grown-ups having accepted around one-third of those units. The Cryopreservation of Hematopoietic Stem Cells is therefore fuelling the growth of the Cryopreservation Equipment in Stem Cells Market during the forecast period 2022-2027.
Surging Applications of Liquid Nitrogen and Cryoprotectants in Cryopreservation are Expected to Boost the Market Growth
In the majority of the cases, cryopreservation is achieved by utilizing a controlled-rate freezer. This system conveys liquid nitrogen into a closed chamber that houses the cell. The process needs close supervision to avert ice crystal formation and dehydration. The cells usually go from room temperature to -130 degrees Fahrenheit (-90 Celsius). Once the cells are frozen, they are moved to a liquid nitrogen freezer that keeps up these kinds of intensely cold temperatures. For the cell survival subsequent to freezing and thawing of liquid nitrogen temperature, it became essential to conserve tissues with appropriate cryoprotectant (5–15%) which assists in forming big unfreeze pockets. These pockets assist in averting crystal formation and mechanical injury. The principal aim of cryopreservation is to develop a dehydrating environment for conserving cells. In this process, cytosol observed less injury at the time of cold freezing within liquid nitrogen, as the number of crystalline substances formation would be very minimum. With cryoprotectant, the freezing of cells in liquid nitrogen would be more gradual. Further formation of comparatively big vesicles and lesser salt crystals assists in safeguarding cells from any mechanical damages. The surging applications of liquid nitrogen and cryoprotectants in cryopreservation are therefore driving the growth of the Cryopreservation Equipment in the Stem Cells Market during the forecast period 2022-2027.
Cryopreservation Equipment In Stem Cells Market Challenges
Disadvantages of Cryopreservation are Hampering the Growth of the Cryopreservation Equipment in the Stem Cells Market
Though many uses of the cryopreservation technique exist, both in basic and clinical research, certain disadvantages still reside. Cells metabolize almost nothing at reduced temperatures like 196 °C (in liquid nitrogen), which has unavoidable side effects, involving a genetic drift toward biological alterations of cell-related modifications in lipids and proteins that could lead to the breakage of cellular activity and structure. If there were no restrictions to the quantity of cryoprotective agent (CPA) that could be utilized, cells would be conserved perfectly. In traditional settings, however, CPAs themselves can be damaging to cells, specifically when utilized in soaring concentrations. For example, there is a possibility that dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) may change chromosome stability, which can result in a hazard of tumor formation. Apart from endogenous alterations in cells, the likely infection or contamination with cells like tumorous ones needs to be avoided. These issues are thus hampering the growth of the Cryopreservation Equipment in Stem Cells Market.
Cryopreservation Equipment In Stem Cells Industry Outlook
Novel product launches, mergers and acquisitions, expansions, arrangements and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the Cryopreservation Equipment in Stem Cells Market. Key companies of this market are:
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Charter Medicals
- Linde Gas Cryoservices
- Sichuan Mountain Vertical
- Qingdao Beol
- Worthington Industries
- Cesca Therapeutics
- Shengjie Cryogenic Equipment
- Beckman Coulter, Inc.
- In September 2021, AMSBIO introduced STEM-CELLBANKER® EX - a next-generation cryopreservation product that removes the requirement for the conventional washing steps needed in cell therapy product development. Accelerated developments in cell, tissue, and gene therapies over the last ten years have redefined what cell therapy can be. The application of living cells as the active medicinal constituent offers great opportunities to deliver treatment that can generate the body’s own capacity to regenerate flawed or unhealthy tissue.
- In June 2021, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. declared the introduction of the Invitrogen Attune CytPix Flow Cytometer, and imaging-enhanced flow cytometer that integrates acoustic focusing flow cytometry technology with a high-speed camera. The Attune CytPix permits users to accumulate high-performance fluorescent flow cytometry data from cells while concurrently capturing high-resolution brightfield images, permitting users to match images with their flow cytometry data to better comprehend the morphology and quality of the cells. The Invitrogen Attune CytPix Flow Cytometer is a user-friendly, modular benchtop instrument that allows researchers working in QA/QC or cell therapy applications to assemble added information regarding their cells and the sample quality while running flow cytometry experiments without sacrificing speed or simplicity.
- In August 2020, Thermo Fisher Scientific, launched two breakthrough imaging filters, the Thermo Scientific Selectris Imaging Filter and the Thermo Scientific Selectris X Imaging Filter, taking cryo-electron microscopy (cryo-EM) to a novel level, making it possible to examine proteins at true atomic resolution. Integrated with a Thermo Scientific Krios or Glacios Cryo-Transmission Electron Microscope (TEM), the Selectris filters permit biologists to accelerate their structural analysis research by examining protein structures in unprecedented detail and in reduced time than was earlier possible. In an investigation issued on bioRxiv, a recognized preprint server for biology, structural biologists utilized a Krios equipped with a Selectris prototype to investigate protein structures at never-before-achieved resolutions.
Report Code: HCR 64849
Report Code: HCR 26566
Report Code: ESR 0229
For more Lifesciences and Healthcare Market reports, please click here
For more Lifesciences and Healthcare Market reports, please click here