Kaposi Sarcoma Market Overview
Kaposi Sarcoma Market size is valued at $122.4m by 2019, and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 4.12% during the forecast period 2020-2025. The Kaposi Sarcoma Market growth rate is attributed to the rising incidence of cancer. Kaposi sarcoma (KS) is a cancer that develops from the cells that line lymph or blood vessels, abnormal cells of KS form purple, red, or brown blotches or tumors on the skin called as lesions. As, Kaposi sarcoma is easily caught by a body with weaker immune system, the chances of Kaposi sarcoma occurrence increase, which in turn fuel the market’s growth. From improvement’s made on reduction in drug resistance, lowering failure rate, few side effects, and the decreasing case-fatality ratios to the growing emphasis on combination therapy is anticipated to propel the Kaposi Sarcoma Market during the forecast period 2020-2025.
The report: “Kaposi Sarcoma Market Forecast (2020-2025)”, by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Kaposi Sarcoma Market:
By Type: Epidemic (AIDS-associated) Kaposi Sarcoma, Classic (Mediterranean) Kaposi Sarcoma, Endemic (African) Kaposi Sarcoma, Iatrogenic (Transplant-related) Kaposi Sarcoma.
By Diagnostics: Biopsy, Chest X-Ray, Bronchoscopy, Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
By Treatment: Topical Treatment, Antiretroviral Therapy (HAART), Cryosurgery (Cryotherapy), Surgery, Intralesional Chemotherapy, Photodynamic Therapy (PDT), Radiation Therapy, Chemotherapy, Immunotherapy.
By End User: Hospitals, Diagnostics Centers and Others.
By Geography: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and RoW.
- North America dominated the Kaposi Sarcoma Market with a share of 38% in the year 2019.
- The factors such as rising research and development activities in this field and the technological advancements, increasing mergers and acquisitions and strategic collaboration are amongst the major factor projected to impel growth of Kaposi Sarcoma Market.
- Increase in demand for food & beverage products with an extended shelf life, marginal nutritional changes in products such as milk, and reduction in logistics and storage cost are the key factors owing to the growth in the segment during forecast period 2020-2025.
By Treatment - Segment Analysis
Antiretroviral Therapy (HAART) segment held the largest share in the market owing to rising incidence rate of AIDS-associated Kaposi sarcoma over other types. Also there has been a rising preference for this treatment and the high cost of treatment is anticipated to bolster the market growth. Furthermore, for people with epidemic Kaposi sarcoma, antiretroviral treatment (ART) for HIV/AIDS is usually used before any other treatments to treat the tumor and reduce symptoms and rarely, ART can make preexisting infections and the Kaposi sarcoma worse. The segment is poised to grow at a CAGR of of 3.44%
By Geography - Segment Analysis
North America dominated the Kaposi Sarcoma Market with a share of 38% in 2019. The application of Kaposi Sarcoma has grown rapidly over the last few years owing to the presence of a large number of leading players and the increasing costs of drugs. In addition, the easy availability of advanced drugs and the technologically advanced healthcare continues to expand its market. With the increasing prevalence of Kaposi sarcoma and HIV in May 2019, The USFDA granted breakthrough therapy designation to Celgene’s pomalidomide (Pomalyst) for use as a treatment for patients with HIV-positive Kaposi sarcoma who have received prior chemotherapy, as well as patients with HIV-negative Kaposi sarcoma. Moreover, there are high number of R&D initiatives undergoing the treatment and the diagnosis of the Kaposi sarcoma to cater the Kaposi Sarcoma Market in the forecast period of 2020-2025.
Kaposi Sarcoma Market Drivers
Rising demand of patients undergoing organ transplant procedures
With the rise in demand of patients undergoing organ transplant procedures, there has been a growth in the Kaposi sarcoma treatment market, as patients undergoing organ transplants are highly susceptible to this cancer. For instance, according to the American Cancer Society (ACS), February 2016 data findings, around 1 in 200 transplant patients in the U.S. suffer from Kaposi sarcoma which can be considered as a Kaposi Sarcoma key driver of the market during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Kaposi Sarcoma Market Challenges
High treatment cost and lack of awareness
The major challenge for the market is the overall high cost of cancer treatment; there has been lack of awareness about this cancer, irregular availability of chemotherapy and HAART, lack of radiotherapy services. For instance, the prices of major drugs used for the treatment of Kaposi sarcoma, such as liposomal doxorubicin, liposomal daunorubicin, or paclitaxel in combination with HAART, are increasing significantly, making them unaffordable for middle- and lower-income group patients.
Kaposi Sarcoma Industry Outlook
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the Kaposi Sarcoma Market. In 2019, Kaposi Sarcoma Market share is fragmented by the top ten players present in the market. Kaposi Sarcoma Market top 10 companies are Eli Lilly and Company, Pfizer, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Johnson & Johnson, GlaxoSmithKline, Merck, Quest Diagnostics, Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Inc., MBio Diagnostics, Cleveland Clinic and others.
- In May 15,2020 U.S. Food and Drug Administration Approves Bristol Myers Squibb’s Pomalyst® (pomalidomide) for AIDS-Related and HIV-Negative Kaposi Sarcoma.
- In May 13,2019 Celgene Corporation announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted Breakthrough Therapy designation to POMALYST® (pomalidomide) for the treatment of patients with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-positive Kaposi sarcoma who have previously received systemic chemotherapy, as well as patients with HIV‐negative Kaposi’s sarcoma.
1. Kaposi Sarcoma Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Kaposi Sarcoma Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Type
2.3 Key trends by Diagnostics
2.4 Key trends by Geography
3. Kaposi Sarcoma Market – Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking – Key Companies
3.2 Financial Analysis – Key Companies
3.3 Market Value Split by Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis – Key Companies
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Kaposi Sarcoma Market - Startup Companies Scenario (Premium)
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Kaposi Sarcoma Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium (Premium)
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Kaposi Sarcoma Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters five force model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Kaposi Sarcoma Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. Kaposi Sarcoma Market – By Type (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
8.1 Epidemic (AIDS-associated) Kaposi Sarcoma
8.2 Classic (Mediterranean) Kaposi Sarcoma
8.3 Endemic (African) Kaposi Sarcoma
8.4 Iatrogenic (Transplant-related) Kaposi Sarcoma
9. Kaposi Sarcoma Market – By Diagnostics (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
9.1.1 Punch Biopsy
9.1.2 Excisional Biopsy
9.2 Chest X-Ray
9.4 Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
9.4.1 Upper endoscopy (esophagogastroduodenoscopy EGD)
9.4.3 Capsule Endoscopy
9.4.4 Double balloon Enteroscopy
10. Kaposi Sarcoma Market – By Treatment (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
10.1 Topical Treatment
10.2 Antiretroviral Therapy (HAART)
10.3 Cryosurgery (Cryotherapy)
10.4.1 Simple Excision
10.5 Intralesional Chemotherapy
10.6 Photodynamic Therapy (PDT)
10.7 Radiation Therapy
10.7.1 External-beam Radiation Therapy
10.7.2 Electron-beam Radiation Therapy (EBRT)
10.7.3 Photon Radiation
10.8.1 Systemic Treatment
10.8.2 Intralesional Chemotherapy
10.9.1 Thalidomide (Thalomid)
10.9.2 Pomalidomide (Pomalyst)
10.9.3 Lenalidomide (Revlimid)
11. Kaposi Sarcoma Market – By Distribution Channel (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
11.2 Diagnostics Centers/Multispecialty Clinics
11.3 Cancer Research Institutes
12. Kaposi Sarcoma Market - By Geography (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
12.1 North America
12.2.6 Rest of Europe
12.3.4 South Korea
12.3.5 Australia & New Zealand
12.3.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
12.4 Rest of the World
12.4.1 Middle East
12.4.3 South America
13. Kaposi Sarcoma Market - Entropy
14. Kaposi Sarcoma Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape (Premium)
14.1 Market Share Analysis
14.1.1 Global Market Share – Key Companies
14.1.2 Market Share by Region – Key companies
14.1.3 Market Share by Countries – Key Companies
14.1.4 Best Practices for Companies
15. Kaposi Sarcoma Market – Key Company List by Country Premium (Premium)
16. Kaposi Sarcoma Market Company Analysis
16.1 Company 1
16.2 Company 2
16.3 Company 3
16.4 Company 4
16.5 Company 5
16.6 Company 6
16.7 Company 7
16.8 Company 8
16.9 Company 9
16.10 Company 10 and more
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.