Osteoporosis Drugs Market Overview
Osteoporosis Drugs Market size is valued at $ 15.3Bn by 2019, and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 5.2% during the forecast period 2020-2025. The Osteoporosis Drugs Market growth rate is attributed to severe fractures, which can have deleterious effects on the health of patient. The bones become porous in this medical condition, which makes them more fragile and, in turn, prone to factures, caused by the over production of the hormone parathyroid. Osteoporosis also occur owing to a number of diseases or treatments, which includes anorexia, alcoholism, kidney disease, hyperthyroidism, and surgical removal of the ovaries. Certain medications also help to increase the rate of bone loss, including some anti-seizure medications, proton pump inhibitors, chemotherapy, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, and glucocorticosteroids. From improvement’s made in the treatment and medication procedures like Parathyroid Hormone(PTH) treatment, Estrogen (Hormone Therapy) and the usage of various inhibitors like selective estrogen inhibitors modulator (SERM), RANK ligand (RANKL) Inhibitor, etc. to the chemical advancements made in reducing the side effects of the drugs along with the reduction in time-consumption for the drugs approval process is anticipated to propel the Osteoporosis Drugs Market during the forecast period 2020-2025.
The report: “Osteoporosis Drugs Market Forecast (2020-2025)”, by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Osteoporosis Drugs Market:
By Drugs Type: Antiresorptive Agents, Anabolic Agents.
By Route of Administration: Oral, Injection/Intravenous Infusion and Others.
By Gender: Male, Female.
By Geography: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and RoW.
- North America dominated the Osteoporosis Drugs Market with a share of 37% in the year 2019.
- The factors such as increasing prevalence of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women, changing lifestyles impinging bone health and increasing geriatric population are the key factors owing to the growth in the segment during forecast period 2020-2025.
- Growing awareness about osteoporotic care, increasing R&D investment in drug discovery and development, and increasing healthcare expenditure are amongst the major factor projected to impel growth of Osteoporosis Drugs Market.
Drug Types - Segment Analysis
RANK ligand (RANKL) Inhibitor of Antiresorptive Agents segment held the largest share in the market and is poised to grow with a CAGR of 4.2% over Anabolic Agents as this inhibitor can be used in conjunction with other drugs to impart a synergistic effect in the overall treatment regime. As these inhibitors are used for the management of osteoporosis in patients at high risk for bone fractures so, there is high growth possibility achieved as a result of more number of positive patient’s results associated with rank ligand inhibitors. Furthermore, impacts like reduced cell bone turnover, increased bone mineral density, etc. are anticipated to boost the market growth in the forecast period of 2020-2025.
Gender Type- Segment Analysis-
On the basis of Gender, female segment held the major share of the market in terms of revenue. The reason might be attributed to an upsurge in incidence as a result of menopause in women. According to a report published by International Osteoporosis Foundation, it states that nearly 30% of all the postmenopausal women have an increased rate of osteoporosis owing to low bone mass amongst 200 million people worldwide. Moreover, according to National Institutes of Health Osteoporosis and Related Bone Diseases, lifestyle associated factors such as alcohol abuse, sedentary lifestyle, smoking is found to promote this condition in female than in male. Osteoporosis Drugs sales is believed to rise effectively as the aforementioned factor poses the high clinical urgency to curb osteoporosis is anticipated to further expand the consumption rate over the projection period of 2020-2025.
By Geography - Segment Analysis
North America dominated the Osteoporosis Drugs Market with a share of 37% in 2019. North America remains the largest consumer of Osteoporosis Drugs owing to the high prevalence of osteoporosis patients in the region, established healthcare infrastructure, availability of branded drugs coupled with the presence of key players which continues to expand its market. High initial capital investment on R&D investing in drug discovery and development and increasing healthcare expenditure, beneficial government initiatives along with increasing number of research partnerships with key players are to cater the Osteoporosis Drugs Market in the forecast period of 2020-2025. According to a report published by the National Institute of Health in 2018, approximately 53 million individuals in US either suffer from osteoporosis or at an increased risk owing to low bone mass which leads to an increase in the patient’s base for osteoporosis diseases which ensures the Osteoporosis Drugs Market growth.
Drivers – Osteoporosis Drugs Market
- High incidence of Osteoporosis Patient’s
With rise in the geriatric population, increased screening, drug induced osteoporosis, alcoholism and smoking, increased awareness and focus towards female health, rising prevalence of diseases, conditions and medical procedures that results in bone loss such as cancer, autoimmune disorders, thalassemia, hormonal disorders, modern lifestyle etc. there has been an increase in the number of osteoporosis patients worldwide which can be considered as a Osteoporosis Drugs key driver of the market during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Challenges – Osteoporosis Drugs Market
- High incidence of side effects and initial cost
The major challenge for the market is the poor efficacy and side effects of present therapies, loss of patents life owing to non-life threatening nature and poor symptoms of osteoporosis, etc. The stringent rules and regulations by the government along with the time-consumption for the drugs approval process is the major problem for some of the regions in Asia-Pacific.
Osteoporosis Drugs Industry Outlook
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the Osteoporosis Drugs Market. In 2019, Osteoporosis Drugs Market share is fragmented by the top ten players present in the market. Osteoporosis Drugs Market top 10 companies are Merck & Co. Inc., Radius Health Inc., Novartis AG, Eli Lilly and Company, Pfizer Inc., Amgen Inc., Novo Nordisk A/S, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., UCB S.A., Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. and others.
- In April 16,2019 Amgen Inc. (US) along with UCB (Belgium), two biopharmaceutical companies announced the receiving of the FDA approval for the collaboratively developed drug for osteoporosis named Evenity, based on a rare gene mutation in people with bones so dense that they never break, which can increase bone formation and decrease bone loss.
- In November 2016, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratory announced the launch of an Osteoporosis Drug Raloxifene in the U.S. for the treatment for osteoporosis, which was rolled out to expand the treatment options and gain competitive advantage.
1. Osteoporosis Drugs Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Osteoporosis Drugs Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Drugs Type
2.3 Key trends by Route of Administration
2.4 Key trends by Geography
3. Osteoporosis Drugs Market – Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking – Key Companies
3.2 Financial Analysis – Key Companies
3.3 Market Value Split by Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis – Key Companies
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Osteoporosis Drugs Market - Startup Companies Scenario (Premium)
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Osteoporosis Drugs Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium (Premium)
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Osteoporosis Drugs Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters five force model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Osteoporosis Drugs Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. Osteoporosis Drugs Market – By Drugs Type (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
8.1 Antiresorptive Agents
22.214.171.124 Zoledronic Acid
8.1.2 RANK ligand (RANKL) Inhibitor
8.1.3 Estrogen (Hormone Therapy)
8.1.4 Estrogen Agonists/Antagonists or Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators (SERMs)
8.1.5 Tissue Specific Estrogen Complex (TSEC)
8.2 Anabolic Agents
8.2.1 Sclerostin Inhibitor
8.2.2 Parathyroid Hormone (PTH) Analog
8.2.3 Parathyroid Hormone-Related Protein (PTHrp) Analog
9. Osteoporosis Drugs Market – By Route of Administration (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
9.1.1 Tablet/Effervescent Tablets
9.2 Injection/Intravenous Infusion(IF)
10. Osteoporosis Drugs Market – By Gender (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
11. Osteoporosis Drugs Market - By Geography (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
11.1 North America
11.2.6 Rest of Europe
11.3.4 South Korea
11.3.5 Australia & New Zealand
11.3.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
11.4 Rest of the World
11.4.1 Middle East
11.4.3 South America
12. Osteoporosis Drugs Market - Entropy
13. Osteoporosis Drugs Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape (Premium)
13.1 Market Share Analysis
13.1.1 Global Market Share – Key Companies
13.1.2 Market Share by Region – Key companies
13.1.3 Market Share by Countries – Key Companies
13.1.4 Best Practices for Companies
14. Osteoporosis Drugs Market – Key Company List by Country Premium (Premium)
15. Osteoporosis Drugs Market Company Analysis
15.1 Company 1
15.2 Company 2
15.3 Company 3
15.4 Company 4
15.5 Company 5
15.6 Company 6
15.7 Company 7
15.8 Company 8
15.9 Company 9
15.10 Company 10 and more
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.