Erectile Dysfunction Drugs Market Overview
Erectile Dysfunction Drugs Market size is valued at $6.82Bn by 2019, and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 6.21% during the forecast period 2020-2025. The Erectile Dysfunction Drugs Market growth rate is attributed to a high incidence rate of chronic diseases including hypertension, neurogenic and psychological disorders, and diabetes. Apart from these, rising aged population, alcoholism, sedentary lifestyles, and smoking greatly increases the risk of erectile dysfunction, growing adoption of these poor lifestyle choices leads to the overall growth of the market for erectile dysfunction drugs. From wide range of interventions that include exercise, change in life style like smoking cessation and reduction in alcohol intake, pharmacotherapy, erection devices, penile implants, and drug injections into penis to the growing patient willingness to seek medical assistance for disease management is anticipated to propel the Erectile Dysfunction Drugs Market during the forecast period 2020-2025.
The report: “Erectile Dysfunction Drugs Market Forecast (2020-2025)”, by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Erectile Dysfunction Drugs Market:
By Drug Type: Sildenafil Citrate (Viagra), Vardenafil (Levitra/Staxyn), Tadalafil (Cialis), Udenafil (Zydena), Lodenafil Carbonate (Helleva), Stendra/ Spedra (Avanafil), Mirodenafil (Mvix), and Others.
By Mode of Administration: Oral Medications, Topical Medications, Injections and Others.
By Distribution Channel: Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, Online Sales and Others.
By Geography: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and RoW.
- North America dominated the Erectile Dysfunction Drugs Market with a share of 39% in the year 2019.
- The factors such as increasing disease awareness and the increasing presence of favorable guidelines for disease management are amongst the major factor projected to impel growth of Erectile Dysfunction Drugs Market.
- Patient awareness and education, a growing number of campaigns by government and non-government organizations worldwide to make patients aware of the disease are the key factors owing to the growth in the segment during forecast period 2020-2025.
Drug Type - Segment Analysis
Sildenafil Citrate (Viagra) segment held the largest share in the market as it is one of the most widely distributed products worldwide over other drugs and is poised to grow at a CAGR of 5.31% over the forecast period 2020-2025. Also, it is distinguished from other PDE 5 inhibitors for its longer duration of action and lesser incidences of side effects such as vision disturbances and muscle pain. Furthermore, the novel molecule combinations and drug delivery techniques such as the use of creams and pellets that shows better efficacy and performance which is to propel the ED drug segmental market in the forecast period of 2020-2025.
Distribution Channel- Segment Analysis
On the basis of distribution channel, retail pharmacies segment held the major share of the market in terms of revenue and set to witness lucrative growth over the forecast period 2020-2025. The reason may be attributed to the easy availability of the drug and rising cases of ED in the market. The presence of retail pharmacies is a blessing in disguise for several patients who are conscious about visiting a retail pharmacy store to purchase drugs for erectile dysfunction and other sexual wellness products is anticipated to further expand the consumption rate over the projection period of 2020-2025.
By Geography - Segment Analysis
North America dominated the Erectile Dysfunction Drugs Market with a share of 39% in 2019. The application of Erectile Dysfunction Drugs has grown rapidly over the last few years in North America owing to the rising geriatric population, increase in cases of ED and the presence of better healthcare infrastructure. According to a report published by the US Census Bureau’s Statistics on 2017, it revealed that a total of people 65 and older and exceeds 50 million, and between 2020-2030 the number of elderly is projected to increase by almost 18 million. The rise in geriatric population is set to increase the number of patients suffering from ED, as it is very common in men above age 40. The availability of various ED drugs through over the counter (OTC) and online channels are to cater the Erectile Dysfunction Drugs Market in the forecast period of 2020-2025.
Drivers – Erectile Dysfunction Drugs Market
- Increase adoption of poor lifestyle choices
With the rise in the adoption of poor lifestyle which leads to the high growth of obesity, diabetes and cardiovascular disorders; which in long term leads to the problems like ED with age. Moreover, with the increase in the geriatric population there has an increase in the number of ED cases which is considered as a Erectile Dysfunction Drugs key driver of the market during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Challenges – Erectile Dysfunction Drugs Market
- Increase availability of counterfeit ED drugs
The major challenge for the market is the increasing manufacturing of generic erectile dysfunction drugs as well as the increasing availability of counterfeit erectile dysfunction drugs. Owing to the lucrative marketing of counterfeit erectile dysfunction drugs at much lower prices than either patented or generic drugs, consumers are often preferring lower priced generic variants of erectile dysfunction drugs than more expensive blockbuster varieties. Apart from this, owing to the expiry of patent for blockbuster drugs, many generic variants are coming into the market, usually at low prices.
Erectile Dysfunction Drugs Industry Outlook
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the Erectile Dysfunction Drugs Market. In 2019, Erectile Dysfunction Drugs Market share is fragmented by the top ten players present in the market. Erectile Dysfunction Drugs Market top 10 companies are Pfizer, Bayer AG, Eli Lilly & Co., GlaxoSmithKline Plc., Dong-A Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd, S.K. Chemicals Co. Ltd., Vivus Inc., Meda Pharmaceuticals Apricus Biosciences, Metuchen Pharmaceuticals LLC, Ferring Pharmaceuticals and others.
- In December 2017, Pfizer, the manufacturer of Viagra (Sildenafil), settled trade disputes with generic manufacturer Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd which will allow Teva to start selling generic Viagra (sildenafil), which is set to boost usage rates.
- In May 2017, Lupin Ltd. launched Cialis, an erectile dysfunction drug through a licensing agreement with Eli Lilly and Company. With this alliance Eli Lilly will be responsible for manufacturing and importing the product.
1. Erectile Dysfunction Drugs Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Erectile Dysfunction Drugs Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Drug Type
2.3 Key trends by Mode of Application
2.4 Key trends by Geography
3. Erectile Dysfunction Drugs Market – Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking – Key Companies
3.2 Financial Analysis – Key Companies
3.3 Market Value Split by Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis – Key Companies
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Erectile Dysfunction Drugs Market - Startup Companies Scenario (Premium)
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Erectile Dysfunction Drugs Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium (Premium)
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Erectile Dysfunction Drugs Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters five force model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Erectile Dysfunction Drugs Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. Erectile Dysfunction Drugs Market – By Drug Type (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
8.1 Viagra (Sildenafil Citrate)
8.2 Levitra/Staxyn (Vardenafil)
8.3 Cialis (Tadalafil)
8.4 Zydena (Udenafil)
8.5 Helleva (Lodenafil Carbonate)
8.6 Avanafil (Stendra/ Spedra)
8.7 Mvix (Mirodenafil)
9. Erectile Dysfunction Drugs Market – By Mode of Administration (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
9.1 Oral Medications
9.2 Topical Medications
10. Erectile Dysfunction Drugs Market – By Distribution Channel (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
10.1 Hospital Pharmacies
10.2 Retail Pharmacies
10.3 Online Sales
11. Erectile Dysfunction Drugs Market - By Geography (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
11.1 North America
11.2.6 Rest of Europe
11.3.4 South Korea
11.3.5 Australia & New Zealand
11.3.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
11.4 Rest of the World
11.4.1 Middle East
11.4.3 South America
12. Erectile Dysfunction Drugs Market - Entropy
13. Erectile Dysfunction Drugs Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape (Premium)
13.1 Market Share Analysis
13.1.1 Global Market Share – Key Companies
13.1.2 Market Share by Region – Key companies
13.1.3 Market Share by Countries – Key Companies
13.1.4 Best Practices for Companies
14. Erectile Dysfunction Drugs Market – Key Company List by Country Premium (Premium)
15. Erectile Dysfunction Drugs Market Company Analysis
15.1 Company 1
15.2 Company 2
15.3 Company 3
15.4 Company 4
15.5 Company 5
15.6 Company 6
15.7 Company 7
15.8 Company 8
15.9 Company 9
15.10 Company 10 and more
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.