Gouty Arthritis Market Overview
Gouty Arthritis Market size is $2.89Bn in 2019, growing at a CAGR of 6.4% during the forecast period 2020-2025. It is a form of inflammatory arthritis which can cause extreme pain, joint swelling, warmth and redness in the foot, knee, elbow, wrist and fingertips. Gouty arthritis is caused by a condition known as hyperuricemia. It is caused owing to a combination of genetic factor and diet. Uric acid found in foods (containing purine metabolism) in the form of crystals in a joint collected in the soft tissue of the joint, causing swelling, redness and warmth. Low-dose aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) precipitates gout attacks in people who have high levels of urate in the blood.
The report: “Gouty Arthritis Market – Forecast (2020-2025)”, by IndustryARC covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Gouty Arthritis Market.
By Type: Acute Gouty Arthritis and Chronic Gouty Arthritis
By Drugs Type: Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) - Bufferin, Ibuprofen and Naproxen, Corticosteroids, Zyloprim, Colchicine and Others.
By End User: Hospitals/Clinics, Pharmaceuticals, Researchers and Others
By Geography: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World
- Increasing awareness amongst people for early treatment of disease is set to propel the growth of the market.
- Increasing prevalence of obesity is the driving factors for the growth of Gouty Arthritis market.
- Increased geriatric population with modernized routine disorders aiding growth towards the market.
- Europe region is estimated to record the fastest growth rate during the forecast period 2020-2025.
By Drugs Type - Segment Analysis
In 2019, Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) segment dominated the Gouty Arthritis Market in terms of revenue is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.8%. Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) are the drugs most widely used to treat the pain and inflammation of acute gout attacks in patients. It helps in reducing the inflammation and the severe pain caused owing to joint swelling. It works by work by preventing an enzyme called cyclooxygenase (COX) from making hormone-like chemicals prostaglandins abetting towards the market’s growth.
Geography - Segment Analysis
In 2019, the North America region dominated Gouty Arthritis Market in terms of revenue with a market share of 39% owing towards owing to the presence of established payers and an increase in the number of Gouty Arthritis patients in the region. This growth can be attributed towards the increasing research & development initiatives and government support for the improvement of the healthcare sector. U.S holds the biggest market for gout disease treatment, followed by Canada in North America. The increasing awareness about the health and availability of new treatment methods drives the market in this region is key factors in the growth of the Gouty Arthritis market. Europe is estimated to record the fastest growth rate during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Drivers – Gouty Arthritis Market
- Increasing Prevalence Of Obesity
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), the estimated frequency occurrence of Gouty Arthritis is approximately 1 in 60,000 people in the US and in the year 2016 there were 650 million gouty arthritis patients worldwide. Increasing disposable income of the population is the other major factor driving growth of the Gouty Arthritis market.
Challenges – Gouty Arthritis Market
- Sedentary Lifestyle
The risk of gouty arthritis is increased by the frequent consumption of foods high in purines, including meats, seafood, certain vegetables and beans and foods containing fructose is hampering the market’s growth. Strict regulations and patent expiry of various drugs is set to act as key restraining factors for the Gouty Arthritis Market.
Gouty Arthritis Industry Outlook
Product Launches was the key strategy of the players in the Gouty Arthritis Industry. Gouty Arthritis top 10 companies include AstraZeneca plc., Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd., Novartis AG, Savient Pharmaceuticals, GlaxoSmithKline plc., Merck& Co. Inc., Teijin Pharma Ltd., Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, JW Pharmaceutical Corporation, and Nippon Chemiphar Co. Ltd.
- Acquisitions/Product Launches
- In January 2020, Merck& Co. Inc acquired ArQule, Inc. This acquisition helped the company in increasing the product production.
- In January 2019, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd acquired Shire plc. This acquisition helped the company in accelerating transformation journey to deliver highly-innovative medicines to patients around the world with expanded scale and geographical footprint.
1. Gouty Arthritis Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Gouty Arthritis Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Type
2.3 Key trends by Drugs Type
2.4 Key trends by Geography
3. Gouty Arthritis Market – Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking – Key Companies
3.2 Financial Analysis – Key Companies
3.3 Market Value Split by Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis – Key Companies
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Gouty Arthritis Market - Startup Companies Scenario (Premium)
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Gouty Arthritis Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium (Premium)
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Gouty Arthritis Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters Five Force Model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Gouty Arthritis Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. Gouty Arthritis Market – By Type (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
8.1 Acute Gouty Arthritis
8.2 Chronic Gouty Arthritis
9. Gouty Arthritis Market – By Drugs Type (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
9.1 Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
10. Gouty Arthritis Market – By End User (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
11. Gouty Arthritis Market - By Geography (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
11.1 North America
11.2.7 Rest of Europe
11.3.4 South Korea
11.3.5 Australia & New Zealand
11.3.7 Rest of Asia-Pacific
11.4 Rest of the World
11.4.1 Middle East
11.4.3 South America
12. Gouty Arthritis Market - Entropy
13. Gouty Arthritis Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape (Premium)
13.1 Market Share Analysis
13.1.1 Global Market Share – Key Companies
13.1.2 Market Share by Region – Key companies
13.1.3 Market Share by Countries – Key Companies
13.1.4 Best Practices for Companies
14. Gouty Arthritis Market – Key Company List by Country Premium (Premium)
15. Gouty Arthritis Market Company Analysis
15.1 Company 1
15.2 Company 2
15.3 Company 3
15.4 Company 4
15.5 Company 5
15.6 Company 6
15.7 Company 7
15.8 Company 8
15.9 Company 9
15.10 Company 10 and more
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.