Rosacea Therapeutics Market - Forecast(2023 - 2028)
Rosacea Therapeutics Market Overview
Rosacea Therapeutics Market Report Coverage
The “Rosacea Therapeutics Market Report - Forecast (2022-2027)” by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments in the Rosacea Therapeutics Market.
by Drug Class: Alpha Agonists,
Antibiotics, Corticosteroids, Retinoids, Immunosuppressants, Antihypertensive
Agents and others.
by Mode Of Administration: Topical and Oral.
by Geography: North America (the US, Canada and Mexico), Europe (Germany, France, the UK, Italy, Spain, Russia and the Rest of Europe), Asia-pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia & New Zealand and the Rest of Asia-pacific), South America (Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia and the Rest of South America) and the Rest Of The World (the Middle East and Africa).
- Geographically, North America (Rosacea Therapeutics Market share) accounted for the highest revenue share in 2021 and it is poised to dominate the market over the period 2022-2027 due to the soaring application of therapeutic products like Clindamycin in the US of the North American region.
- Rosacea Therapeutics Market growth is being driven by the increasing predominance of rosacea requiring the application of topical treatments across the world. However, the existence of generic medications to restrict the associated symptoms is one of the major factors hampering the growth of the Rosacea Therapeutics Market.
- Rosacea Therapeutics Market Detailed Analysis of the Strengths, Weaknesses and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market would be provided in the Rosacea Therapeutics Market report.
Rosacea Therapeutics Market: Market Share (%) by Region, 2021
For More Details on This Report - Request for Sample
Rosacea Therapeutics Market Segment Analysis - by Drug Class
The Rosacea Therapeutics Market based on drug class can be further segmented into Alpha Agonists, Antibiotics, Corticosteroids, Retinoids, Immunosuppressants, Antihypertensive Agents and others. The Antibiotics Segment held the largest Rosacea Therapeutics market share in 2021. This growth is driven by the extensive prescription and the soaring application of antibiotics as a treatment for the symptoms of rosacea. Oral and topical antibiotics are accessible. The increasing application of oral antibiotics to curb the bacterial component of rosacea is further propelling the growth of the Antibiotics segment. Furthermore, the Antibiotics segment is estimated to grow with the fastest CAGR of 8.1% during the forecast period 2022-2027. This is due to the rising inclination toward oral antibiotics attributed to its inflammatory advantages and the expanding inclination of physicians toward antibiotics for early alleviation of the ailment.
Rosacea Therapeutics Market Segment Analysis - by Mode of Administration
The Rosacea Therapeutics Market based on the mode of administration can be further segmented into Topical and Oral. The Topical Segment held the largest Rosacea Therapeutics Market share in 2021. This growth is driven by the soaring prescription of topical antibiotic preparation and topical retinoids. Clindamycin may be used as a topical treatment for rosacea. Topical treatments serve a crucial role in the treatment of patients with papulopustular rosacea and erythematotelangiectatic rosacea. The surging application of Sodium Sulfacetamide as a medication for the topical treatment of rosacea is further propelling the growth of this segment. Furthermore, the Topical segment is estimated to grow with the fastest CAGR of 7.3% during the forecast period 2022-2027 owing to the increasing application of three primary agents for the topical treatment of rosacea termed metronidazole, azelaic acid and sodium sulfacetamide-sulfur.
Rosacea Therapeutics Market Segment Analysis - by Geography
North America held the largest Rosacea Therapeutics Market share with 40% of the overall market in 2021. The growth of this region is driven by the soaring healthcare spending by the government every year on pharmaceuticals in the North American region. The surging awareness of rosacea is further propelling the growth of the Rosacea Therapeutics Industry, thereby contributing to the Rosacea Therapeutics Industry Outlook, in the North American region. Furthermore, the Asia-pacific region is estimated to have the fastest CAGR over the forecast period 2022-2027. This growth is owing to factors like the lucrative opportunities offered to key players in the Asia-pacific region. The enormous consumer base is further fuelling the progress of the Rosacea Therapeutics Market in the Asia-pacific region.
Rosacea Therapeutics Market Drivers
Surging Topical Treatments:
Topical treatments that are used on the skin are typically utilized by individuals suffering from Rosacea. As per Harvard University Medical School, the most efficient medicines for rosacea patients with red bumps or pimples include the active constituents azelaic acid or metronidazole. Nearly all patients need to utilize these medicines in the long term to keep the rosacea under control. The most typically utilized and most established therapeutic regimens are topical metronidazole, topical azelaic acid and oral doxycycline. Traditionally, 100–200mg per day has been utilized. The surging topical treatments are, therefore, fuelling the growth of the Rosacea Therapeutics Market during the forecast period 2022-2027.
Extensive Applications of Laser Therapy and Immunosuppressants:
Rosacea affects over 16 million Americans. Dermatologists have discovered ways to treat rosacea symptoms with laser therapy and light therapy. Distinct kinds of lasers aim at distinct facets of rosacea. Erbium YAG laser aims at visible blood vessels. It is also utilized to correct surplus tissue that can make the nose seem bulbous, a symptom of phymatous (type 3) rosacea. In certain extreme cases of rosacea, immunosuppressants may be prescribed by physicians. Immunosuppressants are utilized to suppress or slow down the immune system to avert the further development of the ailment. These extensive applications of laser therapy and immunosuppressants are therefore driving the growth of the Rosacea Therapeutics Industry, thereby contributing to the Rosacea Therapeutics Industry Outlook during the forecast period 2022-2027.
Rosacea Therapeutics Market Challenge
Limitations of Rosacea Medications:
As per rosacea.support.org, numerous investigations have found the presence of Rosacea in about 6-14% of the population. Certain medications may worsen rosacea. They can bring about or irritate rosacea signs and symptoms, as per a physician. He further indicated that rosacea can worsen for certain patients from intake of vasodilator medications due to their capability to dilate the blood vessels. Beta-blockers and niacin (vitamin B3) may also cause blood to rush to the face, leading to a rosacea flare-up. Investigations involving fourteen patients enduring rosacea treated by extended topical treatments of fluorinated corticosteroids demonstrated negative impacts. These issues are, thus, hampering the growth of the Rosacea Therapeutics Market.
Rosacea Therapeutics Industry Outlook
Novel product launches, mergers and acquisitions, partnerships, regional expansions, ongoing clinical trials and FDA approvals are key strategies adopted by players in the Rosacea Therapeutics Market. The top 10 companies in the Rosacea Therapeutics Market are:
- Aclaris Therapeutics
- Leo Pharma Inc.
- Bausch Health Companies, Inc.
- Foamix Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Sonoma Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Nestlé Skin Health (Galderma S.A.)
- Hovione FarmaCiencia SA
- Allergen plc.
- Bayer HealthCare
- In January 2022, LEO Pharma declared the launch of a novel operating model and change program. This is to streamline operations, boost profit capability and finance its ambitious growth strategy. In 2020, LEO Pharma disclosed its strategy for 2030.
- In August 2021, Bausch Health Companies Inc. declared that it aimed to follow an initial public offering (IPO) of its Solta Medical business. Solta is a leading global provider in medical aesthetics with innovative and efficient skin rejuvenation and body contouring solutions. These involve the Thermage® RF systems, Fraxel® laser, Clear + Brilliant® laser and VASER® ultrasonic systems.
- In September 2020, Foamix Pharmaceuticals Ltd. reportedly entered into a definitive merger agreement to gain Menlo Therapeutics Inc. This was done in a reverse merger transaction on November 10, 2019. The aim is to develop an integrated biopharmaceutical firm.
Cosmeceuticals Market - Industry Analysis, Market Size, Share, Trends, Application Analysis, Growth and Forecast Analysis
Report Code: FBR 0031
Acellular Skin Substitutes Market - Industry Analysis, Market Size, Share, Trends, Application An Acellular Skin Substitutes Market analysis, Growth and Forecast Analysis
Report Code: HCR 1462
Dermatology Devices Market - Industry Analysis, Market Size, Share, Trends, Application Analysis, Growth and Forecast Analysis
Report Code: HCR 0869
For more Lifesciences and Healthcare Market reports, please click here