Viral Hemorrhagic Fever Market Overview
Viral Hemorrhagic Fever Market size is $ 1.29Bn in 2019, growing at a CAGR of 4.3% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Viral Hemorrhagic Fever is a multisystem syndrome (multisystem in that multiple organ systems in the body are affected). It is defined as a group of illnesses caused by different families of RNA virus that cause vascular damage that results in symptomatic bleeding (hemorrhage) such as Arenaviridae cause Lassa fever (Lassa virus), Argentine hemorrhagic fever (Junin virus), Filoviridae and Bolivian hemorrhagic fever (Machupo virus). It damages the blood vessels, and they affect the body's ability to regulate itself. Some VHFs cause mild disease, but some, like Ebola or Marburg, cause severe disease and death. Hemorrhagic fever viruses are mainly zoonotic diseases (viral infection) caused by viruses that usually reside in animal or arthropod hosts that may serve as health vectors.
The report: “Viral Hemorrhagic Fever Market – Forecast (2020-2025)”, by IndustryARC covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Viral Hemorrhagic Fever Market.
By Type: Ebola, Yellow Fever, Rift Valley Fever, Marburg, Lassa Fever, Lymphocytic Choriomeningitis, Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome (HPS) and Others
By Treatment Type: Medications- Rebetol, Virazole and Others, Surgery- Kidney Dialysis and Others.
By End User: Hospitals/Clinics, Pharmaceuticals, Researchers and Others
By Geography: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World
- Increased research in the field of Viral Hemorrhagic Fever is set to propel the growth of the market.
- Increasing awareness among people about hemorrhagic fever are driving factors for the growth of Viral Hemorrhagic Fever market.
- Europe region is estimated to record the fastest growth rate during the forecast period.
By Type - Segment Analysis
In 2019, Ebola segment dominated the Viral Hemorrhagic Fever Market in terms of revenue is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 3.77%. Ebola hemorrhagic fever spreads to people through direct contact with the blood, body fluids and tissues of animals like monkey, apes and others and with body fluids of a person who is sick with or has died from EVD. It occurs when a person touches these infected body fluids (or objects that are contaminated with them), and the virus gets in through broken skin or mucous membranes in the eyes, nose, or mouth. People can get the virus through sexual contact with someone who is sick with EVD and also after recovery from EVD abetting towards the market’s growth.
Geography - Segment Analysis
In 2019, the North America region dominated Viral Hemorrhagic Fever Market in terms of revenue with a market share of 39% owing towards owing to the presence of established payers and an increase in the number of Viral Hemorrhagic Fever patients in the region. This growth can be attributed towards the increasing research & development initiatives and government support for the improvement of the healthcare sector. Government has taken initiatives to promote the healthcare expenditure, growing awareness among patients regarding viruses in this region are key factors in the growth of the Viral Hemorrhagic Fever market. Europe is estimated to record the fastest growth rate during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Drivers – Viral Hemorrhagic Fever Market
- Increase In The Prevalence of Viral Hemorrhagic Fever
The increase in the prevalence of Viral Hemorrhagic Fever is driving the Viral Hemorrhagic Fever Market owing towards the increase of manufacturers focusing on expanding their pipeline to cater to the demand for Viral Hemorrhagic Fever treatment. Increase in R&D activities for the innovation of newer drugs. Governments have taken initiatives for developing and manufacturing innovative products for the diagnosis & treatment of Viral Hemorrhagic Fever is the other major factor driving growth of the Viral Hemorrhagic Fever market.
Challenges – Viral Hemorrhagic Fever Market
- No proper Cure
The lack of treatments for viral hemorrhagic fever is restraining the growth of the market. The treatment is very expensive owing to the lack of FDA approved drugs which leads to the less affordability rate. No current treatment can cure viral hemorrhagic fevers and immunizations exist for only two (yellow fever and Argentine hemorrhagic fever) of the many viral hemorrhagic fever hampering the market’s growth.
Viral Hemorrhagic Fever Industry Outlook
Product Launches was the key strategy of the players in the Viral Hemorrhagic Fever Industry. Viral Hemorrhagic Fever top 10 companies include Teva Pharmaceuticals, Mylan Pharmaceuticals, Roche Diagnostics Corp., Essex-Schering-Plough Pharmaceuticals, Jiangsu Lianshui Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd, Zhejiang Zhebei Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd, Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corp., BioCryst Pharmaceuticals Corp., Sarepta Therapeutics Inc. and Mapp Biopharmaceutical.
- In August 2016, Teva Pharmaceuticals acquired Allergan’s generics business. This acquisition helped the company in delivering the highest-quality generic medicines at the most competitive prices, unlocking value to patients, healthcare systems and investors around the world.
- In December 2019, Sarepta Therapeutics Inc., the leader in precision genetic medicine for rare diseases collaborated with Roche Group to increase the speed with which SRP-9001 could benefit DMD patients in the whole world.
1. Viral Hemorrhagic Fever Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Viral Hemorrhagic Fever Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Type
2.3 Key trends by Treatment Type
2.4 Key trends by Geography
3. Viral Hemorrhagic Fever Market – Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking – Key Companies
3.2 Financial Analysis – Key Companies
3.3 Market Value Split by Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis – Key Companies
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Viral Hemorrhagic Fever Market - Startup Companies Scenario (Premium)
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Viral Hemorrhagic Fever Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium (Premium)
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Viral Hemorrhagic Fever Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters Five Force Model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Viral Hemorrhagic Fever Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. Viral Hemorrhagic Fever Market – By Type (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
8.2 Yellow Fever
8.3 Rift Valley Fever
8.5 Lassa Fever
8.6 Lymphocytic Choriomeningitis
8.7 Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome (HPS)
9. Viral Hemorrhagic Fever Market – By Treatment Type (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
9.2.1 Kidney Dialysis
10. Viral Hemorrhagic Fever Market – By End User (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
11. Viral Hemorrhagic Fever Market - By Geography (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
11.1 North America
11.2.7 Rest of Europe
11.3.4 South Korea
11.3.5 Australia & New Zealand
11.3.7 Rest of Asia-Pacific
11.4 Rest of the World
11.4.1 Middle East
11.4.3 South America
12. Viral Hemorrhagic Fever Market - Entropy
13. Viral Hemorrhagic Fever Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape (Premium)
13.1 Market Share Analysis
13.1.1 Global Market Share – Key Companies
13.1.2 Market Share by Region – Key companies
13.1.3 Market Share by Countries – Key Companies
13.1.4 Best Practices for Companies
14. Viral Hemorrhagic Fever Market – Key Company List by Country Premium (Premium)
15. Viral Hemorrhagic Fever Market Company Analysis
15.1 Company 1
15.2 Company 2
15.3 Company 3
15.4 Company 4
15.5 Company 5
15.6 Company 6
15.7 Company 7
15.8 Company 8
15.9 Company 9
15.10 Company 10 and more
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.