Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market - Forecast(2023 - 2028)
Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market Overview
Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market size is $15,230m in 2019, growing at a CAGR of 25.3% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Immune checkpoint inhibitors are anticancer drugs used in cancer immunotherapy for the enhancement of the immune response to detect and target cancer cells. The immune checkpoints are activated to suppress the anti-tumor activity of the immune system thereby suppressing the immune response against the cancer cells. PD-1 inhibitors, CTLA-4 blockade and others are the immune checkpoint inhibitors drug used for targeted cancer treatments in advanced forms of lungs cancer, breast cancer, colorectal cancer and others types of cancer in patients. These immunotherapy drugs target cell surface checkpoint proteins to stimulate the recognition and destruction of cancer cells by the immune system.
The report: “Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market – Forecast (2020-2025)”, by IndustryARC covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market.
By Application: Lung Cancer, Breast Cancer, Bladder Cancer, Melanoma, Colorectal Cancer, Hodgkin Lymphoma, Others
By Type: PD-L1 Inhibitor: Atezolizumab (Tecentriq), Avelumab (Bavencio), Others; PD-1 Inhibitor: Pembrolizumab (Keytruda), Nivolumab (Opdivo), Others; CTLA-4 Inhibitor: Ipilimumab (Yervoy); Others
By End User: Hospitals, Pharmaceuticals, Immunotherapy Centres, Others
By Geography: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Rest of the World
- Rising government initiatives with an objective of improving awareness about diagnosis and treatment.
- Rising number of populations is the factor that is leading to increase in number of hospitals and diagnostic centers.
- Increasing number of cancer incidences is set to propel the growth of the market.
- Europe region is estimated to record the fastest growth rate during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market Segment Analysis - By Application
In 2019, Lung Cancer segment dominated the Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market in terms of revenue is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 16.1%. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), lung cancer is the second leading cause of death in the world owing towards the smoking pattern of populations. Immunotherapy drugs such as PD-1 inhibitors, CTLA-4 and PD-L1 is used to treat lung cancer in people with stage III NSCLC whose cancer cannot be removed with surgery. Ipilimumab, nivolumab, atezolizumab, and durvalumab are the FDA approved Immune checkpoint inhibitors drugs for the treatment of lung cancer abetting towards the market’s growth.
Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market Segment Analysis - By Geography
In 2019, the North America region dominated Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market in terms of revenue with a market share of 39% owing towards the increase of oncology patients in this region. The rising government support and funding towards development of new drugs for cancer treatment also encourages researchers in developing new and novel drugs. The funding from government help in the development of drugs for the treatment of cancer are key factors towards the growth of the Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors market. Asia Pacific is estimated to record the fastest growth rate during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market Drivers
- Rising Incidences of Cancer
According to World Health Organization (WHO), in 2018, 9.6 million people worldwide deceased owing to cancer. Cancer is said to be one of the leading causes of death globally. The increasing incidence of cancer has increased the need for cancer immunotherapy driving towards the growth of the market. The awareness and screening programs organized by the government is the major factor driving growth of the Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors market.
Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market Challenges
- High-Cost Treatment
High cost is associated with the development and manufacture of cancer monoclonal antibody drugs. They undergo long period of research and development and also the clinical trials take long time restraining growth of the market. Lack of last stage cancer therapy cost effective drugs is the major factor hampering the growth of the market.
Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Industry Outlook
Product Launches was the key strategy of the players in the Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Industry. Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors top 10 companies include Bristol-Myers Squibb, Merck & Co., Inc., Roche Group, AstraZeneca, Merck KGaA, Ono Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Novartis International AG, Juno Therapeutics, Kite Pharma and Pfizer Inc.
- In January 2020, Novartis International AG acquired The Medicines Company. This acquisition helped the Novartis in the treatment of the world’s leading cause of mortality and disability with a vaccine-like approach.
- In January 2020, Merck & Co. Inc. acquired Zedi’s ArQule, Inc. This acquisition helped the company in increasing the production related healthcare products.
For more Lifesciences and Healthcare related reports, please click here
1. Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Application
2.3 Key trends by Type
2.4 Key trends by Geography
3. Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market – Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking – Key Companies
3.2 Financial Analysis – Key Companies
3.3 Market Value Split by Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis – Key Companies
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market - Startup Companies Scenario (Premium)
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium (Premium)
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters Five Force Model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market – By Application (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
8.1 Lung Cancer
8.2 Breast Cancer
8.3 Bladder Cancer
8.5 Colorectal Cancer
8.6 Hodgkin Lymphoma
9. Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market – By Type (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
9.1 PD-L1 Inhibitor
9.1.1 Atezolizumab (Tecentriq)
9.1.2 Avelumab (Bavencio)
9.2 PD-1 Inhibitor
9.2.1 Pembrolizumab (Keytruda)
9.2.2 Nivolumab (Opdivo)
9.3 CTLA-4 Inhibitor
9.3.1 Ipilimumab (Yervoy)
10. Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market – By End User (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
10.3 Immunotherapy Centers
11. Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market - By Geography (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
11.1 North America
11.2.7 Rest of Europe
11.3.4 South Korea
11.3.5 Australia & New Zealand
11.3.7 Rest of Asia-Pacific
11.4 Rest of the World
11.4.1 Middle East
11.4.3 South America
12. Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market - Entropy
13. Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape (Premium)
13.1 Market Share Analysis
13.1.1 Global Market Share – Key Companies
13.1.2 Market Share by Region – Key companies
13.1.3 Market Share by Countries – Key Companies
13.1.4 Best Practices for Companies
14. Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market – Key Company List by Country Premium (Premium)
15. Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market Company Analysis
15.1 Company 1
15.2 Company 2
15.3 Company 3
15.4 Company 4
15.5 Company 5
15.6 Company 6
15.7 Company 7
15.8 Company 8
15.9 Company 9
15.10 Company 10 and more
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.