Sperm Bank Market size was valued at $ 5.01Bn in 2019 and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 3.6% during the forecast period 2020-2025. The Sperm Bank Market growth rate is attributed to the fact that many couples are facing a problem of not having a child as the female partner is not able to produce gamete (egg) or the male partner is having low sperm characteristics (low sperm count, less motility). In such cases, there arise a need for a healthy donor who can donate them healthy, mature and viable gametes to bring the hope of having a child which leads to the adoption of assisted reproductive technology (ART) therapy and therefore surged the demand for sperm banks. Sperm banks are licensed enterprises with an aim to maintain male fertilization capacity. A sperm banks collect, stores, and preserves sperm from healthy volunteers to help infertile couples to have a child. From improvement’s made in artificial insemination and other ART methods require heavy investment which has led to growing government funding across various countries is anticipated to propel the Sperm Bank Market during the forecast period 2020-2025.
The report: “Sperm Bank Market Forecast (2020-2025)”, by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Sperm Bank Market.
By Donor Type: Known Donor, Anonymous Donor, Unknown Donor
By Service Type: Genetic Consultation, Sperm Storage, Sperm Analysis, Sperm Donation
By Vial Type: In-Vitro Fertilization, Intrauterine Insemination, Intracervical Insemination
By End-Use: Transgender People, Military Officers, Pre-Vasectomy Patients, Cancer Patients, Police Officers, Fire Fighters, High Impact
Distribution Channel: Fertility Clinics, Hospitals, Sperm Collection Centers
By Geography: North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Rest of World
- North America dominated the Sperm Bank Market with a share of 37% in the year 2019.
- The factors such as rapid increase in male and female infertility, wide acceptance of sperm bank across globe, etc. are amongst the major factor projected to impel growth of Sperm Bank Market.
- Increase in the number of initiatives taken by government to support sperm bank, heavy investment for the advancement of technology and development such as artificial insemination and other ART methods in sperm banks are the key factors owing to the growth in the segment during forecast period 2020-2025.
Donor Type - Segment Analysis
Known Donor segment held the largest share in the market over other donors as there has been a change in legal landscape in many developing countries in the recent years making it mandatory right of the offspring to know about their biological parent after a certain age. Although the total number of known donors are much less as that of others, but with the price of a known donor being much higher than anonymous donors which ensures the disclosure of the medical and behavioral background of the donor through a confidentiality contract between the donor and recipient, thereby contributing to the segmental market growth in the forecast period of 2020-2025.
Service Type- Segment Analysis
Based on service type, semen analysis segment held the major share of the market in terms of revenue and is anticipated to grow with a CAGR of 2.8%. The reason is attributed to the growing demand for ART procedures along with rising demand for semen analysis. Extensive semen analysis is mandatory before any ART procedure and basic screening is essential while storing sperms thereby increasing the need for semen analysis amongst all the sperm bank services. Sperm analysis is believed to rise effectively as trends like fertility tourism is propelling in various European and South-Asian countries with supportive legal framework and cost effectiveness. Furthermore, innovations in other ART methods and preservation techniques to ensure that sperms retain its fertility is anticipated to propel the market growth over the projection period of 2020-2025.
By Geography - Segment Analysis
North America dominated the Sperm Bank Market with a share of 37% in 2019. North America remains the largest market of Sperm Bank owing to the rising concerns of male infertility on account of abnormal and inadequate sperm volume and ejaculatory issues continues to expand its market. Apart from that, male as well as female infertility is also caused by consumption of illicit drugs, exposure to toxic substances, frequent alcohol consumption, and smoking, thereby propelling the adoption of infertility services, such as donor insemination and IVF procedures in the region. According to CDC and FCSRCA, it published a report in 2015 stating that out of a total of 182,111 ART procedures 59,334 resulted in live-birth deliveries and 71,152 infants were born which revealed the success rates of ART procedures thereby more number of couples undergoing ART therapy with infertility conditions in these regions. Additionally, legalization of same sex marriages and developments in technologies such as ART has led to growing government funding in the region are to cater the Sperm Bank Market in the forecast period of 2020-2025.
Drivers – Sperm Bank Market
- Increased miscarriage rate amongst women
With the increased prevalence of women miscarriage and technological advancements in sperm storage industry couples with fertility issues are more opting for artificial insemination techniques which is anticipated to boost the demand for fertility treatments, such as In-vitro Fertilization (IVF) thereby acting as a Sperm Bank key driver of the market during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Challenges – Sperm Bank Market
- High cost of Insemination and negative mindset
The major challenge for the market is the high cost of artificial means of insemination and assistive reproduction. The stringent governmental rules and regulations in several developing and underdeveloped countries followed by a negative mindset towards sperm donation amongst people of various level is amongst the major factors to hinder the market growth in the forecast period 2020-2025.
Sperm Bank Industry Outlook
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the Sperm Bank Market. In 2019, Sperm Bank Market share is fragmented by the top ten players present in the market. Sperm Bank Market top 10 companies are Fairfax Cryobank Inc., Xytex Corporation, Andocryos, European Sperm Bank, Cryo-Save AG, Indian Spermtech, New England Cryogenic Center, Seattle Sperm Bank, London Sperm Bank, California Cryobank and others.
- In August 8,2018 - Cryos International Sperm and Egg Bank announced that they have signed an agreement with CAN-AM Cryoservices to import frozen eggs from the Orlando-based company. The relationship came about a growing need for donor eggs by Canadian families. The country has experienced a shortage of egg donations owing to extremely strict donor requirements.
- In April 4,2018 California Cryobank Company along with Donor Egg Bank announced a unique enhanced embryo guarantee to their frozen donor egg clients: a quality blastocyst. The new guarantee lightened the significant financial and emotional burdens associated with the inherent uncertainty of the process.
- In March 26, 2020 American Society for Reproductive Medicine along with The Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology, the United States’ primary organization of professionals dedicated to the practice of assisted reproductive technologies (ART) reported that more than 74 Thousand Babies Born from Assisted Reproductive Technology Cycles done in 2018.
1. Sperm Bank Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Sperm Bank Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Donor Type
2.3 Key trends by Service Type
2.4 Key trends by Vial Type
2.5 Key trends by End-Use
2.6 Key trends by Geography
3. Sperm Bank Market – Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking – Key Companies
3.2 Financial Analysis – Key Companies
3.3 Market Value Split by Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis – Key Companies
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Sperm Bank Market - Startup Companies Scenario (Premium)
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Sperm Bank Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium (Premium)
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Sperm Bank Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters five force model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Sperm Bank Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. Sperm Bank Market – By Donor Type (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
8.1 Known Donor
8.1.1 Client Donor
8.1.2 Direct Donor
8.2 Anonymous Donor
8.3 Unknown Donor
9. Sperm Bank Market – By Service Type (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
9.1 Genetic Consultation
9.2 Sperm Storage
9.3 Sperm Analysis
9.4 Sperm Donation
9.5 Other Services
10. Sperm Bank Market – By Vial Type (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
10.1 In-Vitro Fertilization
10.2 Intrauterine Insemination
10.3 Intracervical Insemination
11. Sperm Bank Market – By End-Use (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
11.1 Transgender People
11.2 Military Officers
11.3 Pre-Vasectomy Patients
11.4 Cancer Patients
11.5 Police Officers
11.6 Fire Fighters
11.7 High Impact Athletes
12. Sperm Bank Market – By Distribution Channel (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
12.1 Fertility Clinics
12.3 Sperm Collection Centers
13. Sperm Bank Market - By Geography (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
13.1 North America
13.2.6 Rest of Europe
13.3.4 South Korea
13.3.5 Australia & New Zealand
13.3.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
13.4 Rest of the World
13.4.1 Middle East
13.4.3 South America
14. Sperm Bank Market - Entropy
15. Sperm Bank Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape (Premium)
15.1 Market Share Analysis
15.1.1 Global Market Share – Key Companies
15.1.2 Market Share by Region – Key companies
15.1.3 Market Share by Countries – Key Companies
15.1.4 Best Practices for Companies
16. Sperm Bank Market – Key Company List by Country Premium (Premium)
17. Sperm Bank Market Company Analysis
17.1 Company 1
17.2 Company 2
17.3 Company 3
17.4 Company 4
17.5 Company 5
17.6 Company 6
17.7 Company 7
17.8 Company 8
17.9 Company 9
17.10 Company 10 and more
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.