Cholangitis Market Overview
Cholangitis Market size is forecast to reach $332.01Million by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 4.8% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Growing prevalence of cholangitis and bile duct disorders among the geriatric population are major factors driving the growth of the market. Increasing health awareness among people, state- funded policies for treatment of cholangitis and adoption of advanced treatment methods like intravenous therapy in major nations is likely to further enhance the overall Cholangitis Market demand during the forecast period 2020-2025. Cholangitis Market Industry Analysis is based on disease type, application, and geography.
- North America region dominates the Cholangitis Market owing to the increasing prevalence of the geriatric population along with increasing healthcare awareness. The Cholangitis Market scope for different regions will be provided in the final report.
- Shifting lifestyle, increasing awareness about health and increasing disease prevalence among the aged population has helped in significant growth of the Cholangitis Market. Growing prevalence of related diseases like ascending cholangitis for people among people above sixty years is likely to aid in the market growth of Cholangitis.
- Detailed analysis of the Strength, Weakness, and opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Cholangitis Market report.
- Increasing expenses of treatment and lack of a proper diagnostic process of Cholangitis will create hurdles for the Cholangitis Market.
Disease Type - Segment Analysis
Acute Cholangitis held the largest share in the disease type segment of Cholangitis Market in 2019 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 3.5% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Acute cholangitis is usually caused by bacteria ascending from its junction with the duodenum. This causes inflammation of the bile duct. Increasing cases of bladder stones and bacterial infection further lead to frequent cases of the disease. Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (PSC) held the second- largest share in the market, owing to its growing prevalence and far more mortality rate. PSC is one of the leading reasons people require a liver transplant in the U.S. However, it is estimated that Recurrent pyogenic cholangitis (RPC) will be the fastest- growing segment and will register the highest CAGR during the forecast period, owing to growing cases of intrahepatic pigmented stones and recurrent attacks of cholangitis.
Application - Segment Analysis
Clinical practices hold the major share in the application segment of Cholangitis Market in 2019. Rising demand for quick and efficient treatments are attributed to the market growth of this segment. Research area is projected to witness steady growth in the forecast period, owing to increasing need of treatment in intense cholangitis diseases like chronic cholangitis. Chronic cholangitis may be an autoimmune disease in which the body’s own immune system mistakenly attacking the bile ducts, causing inflammation. Over time, this inflammation can trigger scars or the growth of hard tissue inside the bile ducts.
Geography - Segment Analysis
North America dominates the Cholangitis Market in 2019, with a share of more than 43%, followed by Europe. Increasing geriatric population along with increasing healthcare awareness and the good state funded regulations have fuelled the Cholangitis market growth in this region.
However, Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at a higher CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025. This is owing to the developing countries like China and India anticipation to see reasonable cholangitis cases in face of gallstones disorders and pancreatic cancer, which are further set to drive the demand for gallbladder treatment.
Drivers – Cholangitis Market
- Increasing awareness about health
Cholangitis occurs with a wide range of severity, from low fever to severe sepsis and shock with frank pus within the biliary tree, which is also known as acute suppurative cholangitis. The reported mortality rate for acute suppurative cholangitis was as high as 88% in 2018. Mortality rate ranges from 5-10%, with a higher mortality rate in patients who require emergency decompression or surgery. As such, people tend to consult health departments on getting the preliminary symptoms. These are forecast to drive the Cholangitis Market trends in the forecast period.
- Shifting lifestyle
Cholangitis occurs if a person has a history of gallstones, sclerosing cholangitis, HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) or an abnormally narrow bile duct, which can be congenital. In most cases, it is usually found that the unhealthy lifestyle and consumption of bad food coupled with pollution increases the cases of cholangitis case thus set to impact the market growth.
Challenges – Cholangitis Market
- Increasing expenses of treatment
Increasing treatment expenses in recent times have resulted in fewer treatments, owing to the inability of middle class population to avail them. Growing treatment costs and taxes may cause less availing of the treatment and consequent hampering of market growth during the forecast period.
Cholangitis Market Outlook
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the Cholangitis Market. In 2019, Cholangitis Market share is consolidated by the top players present in the market. Cholangitis Market top 10 companies are Gilead Sciences, RiemserArzneimittel AG, Bayer AG, Zambon Company S.p.A., Taiho Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Mayo Clinic, NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Intercept Pharmaceuticals, Inc., HighTide Therapeutics Inc. and Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. among others.
- In April 2020, Gilead completed the acquisition of Forty Seven, Inc. This would also help further in their cholangitis treatment section.
- In February 2018, NGM Biopharmaceuticals developed NGM282, an engineered analogue of FGF19, significantly improves biomarkers of hepatic injury and fibrosis in PSC patients.
- HighTide Therapeutics Inc. developed HTD1801 for PSC (Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis). It would help in hepatocyte protection, anti-fibrosis, immunoregulation, intestinal microbiota modification.
1. Cholangitis Market - Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Cholangitis Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Disease Type
2.3 Key trends by Application
2.4 Key trends by Geography
3. Cholangitis Market – Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking – Key Companies
3.2 Financial Analysis – Key Companies
3.3 Market Value Split by Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis – Key Companies
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Cholangitis Market - Startup Companies Scenario Premium
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Cholangitis Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium Premium
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Cholangitis Market - Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints
6.3 Porters five force model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Cholangitis Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market/Product Life Cycle
8. Cholangitis Market – By Disease Type (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
8.1 Acute Cholangitis
8.2 Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis
8.3 Secondary Sclerosing Cholangitis
8.4 Recurrent Pyogenic
9. Cholangitis Market – By Application (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
9.1 Clinical practice
10. Cholangitis Market - By Geography
10.1 North America
10.2.6 Rest of Europe
10.3 Asia Pacific
10.3.4 South Korea
10.3.5 Australia & New Zealand
10.3.6 Rest of APAC
10.4 Rest of the World
10.4.1 Middle East
10.4.3 South America
11. Cholangitis Market - Entropy
12. Cholangitis Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape Premium
12.1 Market Share Analysis
12.1.1 Global Market Share – Key Companies
12.1.2 Market Share by Region- Key Companies
12.1.3 Market Share by Country – Key Companies
12.1.4 Best Practices for Companies
13. Cholangitis Market – Key Company List by Country Premium Premium
14. Cholangitis Market Company Analysis
14.1 Company 1
14.2 Company 2
14.3 Company 3
14.4 Company 4
14.5 Company 5
14.6 Company 6
14.7 Company 7
14.8 Company 8
14.9 Company 9
14.10 Company 10 and more
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.