Pulmonary Edema Market Overview
Pulmonary Edema Market size is estimated to be $10 billion in 2019, growing at a CAGR of 7% during the forecast period 2020-2025.Rapid urbanization, changing lifestyle, wrong eating habits, obesity and cardiovascular disease, increasing demand of early detection and diagnosis is a major factor driving the pulmonary edema market during the forecast period 2020-2025.Moreover, pulmonary edema is a condition caused by excess fluids in the lungs. The fluids collect in the numerous air sacs in the lungs making it difficult to breathe. Furthermore, according to the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute Atherosclerotic Risk in Communities (ARIC) study and Cardiovascular Health Study(CHS) there are 1,260,000 new and recurrent coronary attacks per year- about 37% people experience coronary attack in a given year die from it. Furthermore the use of intra-ventricular septum contributing to the pumping function of left ventricle, lung parenchyma leading to lung diseases, increase in hypertensive crisis, pulmonary shunt and the use of arterial blood gas to measure the amount of arterial gases such as oxygen and carbon dioxide is further driving its market growth.
The report: “Pulmonary Edema Market Forecast (2020-2025)”, by IndustryARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Pulmonary Edema Market.
By Type- Heart-related Pulmonary Edema and Non-heart-related pulmonary Edema.
By Type of Diagnosis- Chest X-Ray, Pulse Oximetry, Blood Test, Imaging and others.
By Treatment- Preload Reducers, After Load Reducers, Heart Medication, Morphine, Suction Catheter and others.
By End-Use-Hospitals, Clinics, Diagnostic Centers, Retail Pharmacies and others.
By Geography-North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World.
- By Type, heart-related pulmonary edema is projected to be the fastest growing with CAGR of 5.4% during the forecast period 2020-2025. This is owing to the growing prevalence of cardiovascular diseases.
- Hospitals accounted for the largest market share in 2019 owing to the increasing number of pulmonary edema patients around the world.
- In 2019, North America dominated the Pulmonary Edema Market owing to the rising geriatric population along with the increase in the pulmonary edema, increasing health concerns along with the growing demand of advanced treatment and a better healthcare structure is a major factor driving its market growth.
- Increasing incidence of chronic diseases leading to diabetes and other cardiovascular diseases is a major driving the Pulmonary Edema Market during the forecast period 2020-2025.
By Treatment- Segment Analysis
By Treatment, Morphine accounted for the largest market share in 2019 owing to its benefit to relieve shortness of breath and anxiety. Furthermore, it has been used in patients with acute pulmonary edema owing to its anticipated anxiolytic and vasodilatory properties. Moreover, preload reducers is also gaining traction owing to its reduced pulmonary venous return decreases pulmonary capillaries hydrostatic pressure and reduces fluid transudation into the pulmonary interstitium and alveoli. In addition pre-load reducers include NTG drug which provides excellent and reliable preload reduction and high dosage provide mild afterload reduction thereby driving the demand of pulmonary edema market.
By End-Use- Segment Analysis
Hospitals accounted for the largest market share in 2019 owing to the increasing number of pulmonary edema patients around the world. Furthermore, trained doctors in the hospitals usually perform ECG test, Cardiac MRI and others thereby hospital are a major place for treatment. Furthermore, technological advancement leading to rapid diagnostic test which are faster, more reliable, and more widely available are further driving the pulmonary edema market during the forecast period 2020-2025.Moreover, the growth of this segment is majorly owing to the increasing number of test in diagnostic centers and hospitals.
Geography- Segment Analysis
North America dominated the Pulmonary Edema Market with a region share 39% in 2019 followed by Europe. Growing geriatric population along with the rising pulmonary edema, growing health problems along with the rising demand of advanced treatment and a better healthcare system is a significant factor contributing to its market growth. Furthermore, the presence of large number of clinics and ease of availability of technology advanced instruments in that region is further driving its market growth. Moreover, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention about 647,000 Americans die from heart disease each year-that is 1 in every-4 deaths.
Drivers – Pulmonary Edema Market
- Increasing incidence of chronic diseases
Increasing incidence of chronic diseases leading to diabetes and other cardiovascular diseases is a major driving the Pulmonary Edema Market during the forecast period 2020-2025.Futhermore, the growing diabetes patients and their adaptability to different types of treatment is driving the demand of Pulmonary Edema Market during the forecast period 2020-2025. Moreover, according to the World Health Organization about 422 million people worldwide have diabetes particularly in low and middle-income countries and 1.6 million deaths are directly attributed to diabetes each year.
- Increase in Road Accidents Leading to Severe Injury To Chest
Increase in road accidents leading to severe injury to chest is a major factor driving the Pulmonary Edema Market during the forecast period 2020-2025.Futhermore, automobile crashes represent the most common mechanism of injury resulting into alveolar hemorrhage, consolidation and edema leading to decreased lung compliance. Moreover, according to Association of Safe International Road Travel the economic and societal impact of road crashes cost U.S. citizens $871billion.
Challenges – Pulmonary Edema Market
- Adverse Effects of Available Drugs
Adverse Effect of Available Drugs serves as a major setback for the growth of the Pulmonary Edema Market during the forecast period 2020-2025.Moreover, according to the Drug Induced Pulmonary Toxicity more than 600 drugs are known to cause pulmonary toxicity and illicit drugs are well-known to result in pulmonary toxicities thereby restraining the Pulmonary Edema Market.
Pulmonary Edema Market Industry Outlook
Product Launches, Mergers & Acquisitions, joint ventures and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by the players in Pulmonary Edema Market. Pulmonary Edema Market top 10 companies are Pfizer Inc., Argon Medical, Edward Lifesciences Corporation, BD, Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc., Novartis AG, Gilead Sciences Inc., Merck & Co, Jazz Pharmaceuticals Plc and Sage Therapeutics.
- April 2020: Altimmune collaborated with University of Birmingham moving a single dose nasal vaccine AdCovid into clinical trials.
1. Pulmonary Edema Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Pulmonary Edema Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Type
2.3 Key trends by Type of Diagnosis
2.4 Key trends by Treatment
2.5 Key trends by End-Use
2.6 Key trends by Geography
3. Pulmonary Edema Market –Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking - Key companies
3.2 Financials Analysis - Key Companies
3.3 Market Share Analysis- Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Pulmonary Edema Market- Startup companies Scenario Premium (Premium)
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Application Analysis
4.1.4 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Pulmonary Edema Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium (Premium)
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Pulmonary Edema Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints
6.3 Porters Five Force Model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Pulmonary Edema Market -Strategic analysis
7.1 Value chain analysis
7.2 Opportunities analysis
7.3 Market life cycle
8. Pulmonary Edema Market – By Type(Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
8.1 Heart-related Pulmonary Edema
8.2 Non-heart-related Pulmonary Edema
9. Pulmonary Edema Market – By Type of Diagnosis(Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
9.1 Chest X-ray
9.2 Pulse Oximetry
9.3 Blood Test
10. Pulmonary Edema Market – By Treatment(Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
10.1 Preload Reducers
10.5 Preload Reducers
10.6 After Load Reducers
10.7 Heart Medication
11. Pulmonary Edema Market – By End-Use (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
11.3 Diagnostic Centers
11.4 Retail Pharmacies
12. Pulmonary Edema Market - By Geography (Market Size -$Million/$Billion)
12.1 North America
12.2.6 Rest of Europe
12.3.3 South Korea
12.3.5 Australia & New Zealand
12.3.6 Rest of APAC
12.4 Rest of the World
12.4.1 Middle East
12.4.3 South America
13. Pulmonary Edema Market - Entropy
14. Pulmonary Edema Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape (Premium)
14.1 Market Share Analysis
14.1.1 Global Market Share – Key Companies
14.1.2 Market Share by Region – Key companies
14.1.3 Market Share by Country- Key companies
14.1.4 Best Practices for Companies
15. Pulmonary Edema Market – Key Company List by Country Premium (Premium)
16. Pulmonary Edema Market Company Analysis
16.1 Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
16.2 Pfizer Inc
16.3 Argon Medical
16.4 Edward Lifesciences Corporation
16.6 Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc
16.7 Novartis AG
16.8 Gilead Sciences Inc
16.9 Merck & Co
16.10 Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc
16.11 Sage Therapeutics
*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.