Gastric Cancer Drugs Market Overview
The Gastric Cancer Drugs Market Size is estimated to reach $4.2 billion by 2028 and it is poised to grow at a CAGR of 10.1% over the forecast period of 2023-2028. The growing prevalence of the geriatric population across the regions supplemented by rampant drug development forms a moderate gastric cancer drugs industry outlook for the projected period of 2023-2028. According to World Health Organization, by 2030, 1 in 6 people in the world would be aged 60 years or over. Gastric Cancer begins in individuals when the cells in the stomach start to grow out of control. The ingestion period of gastric cancer is slow and the incidence in the geriatric age is fundamentally high. Gastric Adenocarcinoma is a form of cancer that develops from gland cells in the innermost lining of the stomach; Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor (GIST) is a form of gastric cancer that starts in the wall of the stomach called the Cajal. Various treatments and drugs are used to mitigate this form of cancer. Some of the common drugs used are Programmed Cell Death Protein 1 (PD-1) Inhibitors, Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (HER2) Antagonists and others.
Gastric Cancer Drugs Market Report Coverage
The report: “Gastric Cancer Drugs Market Forecast (2023-2028)" by IndustryARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments in the Gastric Cancer Drugs Market.
- Geographically, Asia-Pacific held a dominant market share in 2022. It is due to a massive share of this condition of cancer in the region which aids the deployment of drugs and other forms of treatments. However, Europe is expected to offer lucrative growth opportunities over the forecast period of 2023-2028.
- The increase in the overall burden pertinent to gastric cancer along with growing pipeline drugs for the treatment of this form of cancer aids the market growth. However, the high cost of drugs for gastric cancer along with associated side effects impede the market growth.
- A detailed analysis of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats would be provided in the Gastric Cancer Drugs Market Report.
Gastric Cancer Drugs Segment Analysis - by Type of Cancer
The Gastric Cancer Drugs Market based on the type of cancer can be further segmented into Gastric Adenocarcinomas, Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors (GIST), Neuroendocrine Tumors, Lymphomata Gastric Cancer and Others. Gastric Adenocarcinomas held a dominant market share in 2022. Nearly 90-95% of gastric cancers are adenocarcinomas, as per the American Cancer Society. This form of cancer develops from gland cells in the innermost lining of the stomach. Furthermore, gastric adenocarcinomas are of two types, intestinal and diffuse. However, Neuroendocrine Tumors type of gastric cancer is estimated to be the fastest-growing type, with a CAGR of 10.6% over the forecast period of 2023-2028. As per Cancer.Net, nearly 12,000 people within the U.S. are diagnosed with this form of gastric cancer. Additionally, the number of people diagnosed with this form of cancer is growing at a rampant pace.
Gastric Cancer Drugs Segment Analysis - by Treatment Type
The Gastric Cancer Drugs Market based on treatment type can be further segmented into Chemotherapy, Targeted Drug Therapy, Immunotherapy and Radiation Therapy. Chemotherapy held a dominant market share in 2022. Chemotherapy utilizes anti-cancer drugs to diminish cancer. Moreover, chemotherapy finds application before and after surgery. Some of the predominant forms of drugs used in chemotherapy include 5-FU, Cisplatin, Docetaxel and Carboplatin. However, the Immunotherapy segment is estimated to be the fastest-growing segment, with a CAGR of 12.5% over the forecast period of 2023-2028. Additionally, immunotherapy boosts the body’s immune system to destroy stomach cancer.
Gastric Cancer Drugs Segment Analysis - by Geography
Asia-Pacific held a dominant market share of 43% in 2022. It is owing to the vast prevalence of the said condition in the region. As per Globocon 2020, nearly 75.3% of all new cases across sexes were found in Asia, excluding Australia and New Zealand. Moreover, the incidence was extremely high in Eastern Asia. Additionally, superior treatment methodologies are developed in Japan and South Korea, which have advanced the overall market. However, Europe is expected to offer lucrative growth opportunities over the forecast period of 2023-2028. It is due to rampant advancement in R&D expenditure, specifically in the field of Oncology.
Gastric Cancer Drugs Market Drivers
Substantiating Prevalence of Gastric Cancer Across Regions:
The prevalence of stomach cancer has been rising in regions of Asia-Pacific, with extremely high mortality rates. Moreover, stomach cancer has emerged as one of the leading causes of death across the world. As per Globocon 2020, stomach cancer was ranked 5th in the tally of new cases across the world, with 5.6% of all newly diagnosed cancer across regions. Critically, the death ratio amongst other forms of cancer was 2nd with annual deaths nearing 10.7% of all forms of cancer deaths. Thereby, the utility of gastric cancer drugs such as Programmed Cell Death Protein 1 (PD-1) Inhibitors and Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (HER2) Antagonists is high.
Propagating Innovations across Oncology along with a Substantial Geriatric Population:
Oncology has been a leading therapy area for innovation, with substantiating levels of clinical trial activity performed by various companies. Companies are actively investing in novel active substances, thereby, expanding the overall proportion of treatment drugs across the region. As per IQVIA 2022, 2021 witnessed a record number of pertinent drugs for cancer. Furthermore, gastric cancer is much more common in older people, with nearly 90% of cases occurring in those above the age of 55 years. As per World Bank, in 2021,10% of the total population is above the age of 65.
Gastric Cancer Drugs Market Challenges
Low Treatment Coverage across Developing Regions along with the High Cost of Drugs for Gastric Cancer:
As per NCBI 2019, only 1 in 5 or 20% of patients suffering from any form of cancer receives curative treatment in the LMIC setting of Central America. Moreover, the same institute predicts that by 2030, 70% of the cancer burden would occur in LMIC settings and would be driven by 7 major forms of cancer, including gastric cancer as a major propeller. Furthermore, as per Science Direct 2021, unemployed patients have spent significantly more time between diagnosis and gastric cancer treatment. The aftermath of the pandemic along with the threatening rise in the concern for a recession would mitigate treatment offerings. Additionally, the cost associated with the treatment of such cancers hampers the growth of the market.
Gastric Cancer Drugs Industry Outlook
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the Gastric Cancer Drugs Industry. The top 10 companies in the Gastric Cancer Drugs Market are:
1. Merck and Co.
2. Ipsen and Pharma
3. Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
4. F. Hoffman-La Roche
5. Novartis AG
6. Bayer AG
7. Eli Lily
10. Sun Pharmaceuticals
- In October 2022, HER-2 or Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (HER2) Antagonists-positive biliary tract cancer, second-line or third-line trastuzumab biosimilar plus FOLFOX exhibited promising activity with acceptable toxicity.
- In October 2022, Perking University Cancer Hospital & Institute found Piceatannol and mTOR inhibitor combination proved as an effective therapeutic strategy for gastric cancer. Synergistic effects over a wide range of dose responses prove to be an attractive therapeutic strategy for GC.
- In May 2021, Bold Therapeutics received Orphan Drug Designation (ODD) for Bold-100. Bold-100 is specifically targeted for gastric cancer treatment and is a first-in-class ruthenium-based small molecule therapeutics.
Report Code: HCR 0078
Report Code: HCR 0194
Report Code: HCR 0196
For more Lifesciences and Healthcare Market reports, please click here
Table of Contents
1. Gastric Cancer Drugs Market - Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Gastric Cancer Drugs Market - Executive Summary
3. Gastric Cancer Drugs Market - Comparative Analysis
3.1 Company Benchmarking - Key Companies
3.2 Global Financial Analysis - Key Companies
3.3 Market Share Analysis - Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Gastric Cancer Drugs Market - Start-up Companies Scenario Premium
4.1 Key Start-up Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Gastric Cancer Drugs Market – Market Entry Scenario Premium
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing Business Index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Gastric Cancer Drugs Market - Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porter's Five Force Model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Gastric Cancer Drugs Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. Gastric Cancer Drugs Market – by Type of Cancer
8.2 Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor (GIST)
8.3 Neuroendocrine Tumors
8.4 Lymphomata Gastric Cancer
9. Gastric Cancer Drugs Market – by Treatment Type
9.2 Targeted Drug Therapy
9.4 Radiation Therapy
10. Gastric Cancer Drugs Market - by Drug Class
10.1 Programmed Cell Death Protein 1 (PD-1) Inhibitors
10.2 Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (HER2) Antagonists
10.3 VEGFR2 Antagonists
11. Gastric Cancer Drugs Market - by Route of Administration
12. Gastric Cancer Drugs Market - by Distribution Channel
12.1 Hospital Pharmacies
12.2 Specialty Pharmacies
12.3 Retail Pharmacies
13. Gastric Cancer Drugs Market - by Geography
13.1 North America
13.1.1 The US
13.2.1 The UK
13.2.7 The Rest of Europe
13.3.4 South Korea
13.3.5 Australia & New Zealand
13.3.6 The Rest of Asia-Pacific
13.4 South America
13.4.5 The Rest of South America
13.5 The Rest of the World
13.5.1 The Middle East
14. Gastric Cancer Drugs Market - Entropy
15. Gastric Cancer Drugs Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape Premium
15.1 Market Share Analysis
Share by Region – Key companies
15.1.2 Market Share by Countries – Key Companies
15.2 Competition Matrix
15.3 Best Practices for Companies
16. Gastric Cancer Drugs Market – Key Company List by Country Premium Premium
17. Gastric Cancer Drugs Market - Company Analysis
17.1 Company 1
17.2 Company 2
17.3 Company 3
17.4 Company 4
17.5 Company 5
17.6 Company 6
17.7 Company 7
17.8 Company 8
17.9 Company 9
17.10 Company 10
* “Financials would be provided to private companies on best-efforts basis.”
Connect with our experts to get customized reports that best suit your requirements. Our reports include global-level data, niche markets and competitive landscape.