The global Polylactic Acid Market is projected to spread at a substantial pace in the near future due to increasing demand from pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, plastics and steel industries Polylactic Acid Market is also expected to occupy a major share in these industries owing to its applications such as producing acetylene, carbide lamps, cutting & welding and so on.
What is Polylactic Acid?
Polylactic acid which is otherwise known as Polyactide (PLA) is a polyester or plastic that is bioactive made up of lactic acid blocks. It is also considered as a thermoplastic polymer that is used as a raw material in 3D printing, additives manufacturing. It is primarily obtained from renewable or green sources that include sugar cane, starch, corn and so on.
What are the applications of Calcium Carbide?
Calcium Carbide has wide range of applications in industries such as pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, plastics, steel and food & beverages industries. It is extensively used in chemical industry for the production of by products such as acetylene and calcium hydroxide.
Calcium carbide is also extensively used in industries for metal fabrication that include cutting, welding, cleansing surface imperfections. It is also extensively used in the production of other chemicals such as vinyl chloride, acetylene, acetic acid, ethylene, styrene and other synthetic resins.
Market Research and Market Trends of Polyactic Acid Market
- The global Polylactic Acid Market is one of the fastest growing market with its huge range of industrial applications. Increasing demand for calcium carbide for the use of energy and solid waste is the major that will drive this market.
- Also the byproducts of calcium carbide such as calcium hydroxide and acetylene play an important role in favoring the growth of Polyactic Acid Market. The market has also been facing various challenges due to its harmful effects on human health.
Who are the Major Players Polyactic Acid Market?
The companies referred to in the market research report include Carbide Industries, Denka, MCB Industries, Praxair Technology, SA Calcium Carbide, Aldon, AlzChem, APH Regency Power, DCM Shriram, Erdos Xinhua Silicon Metal Industries and other players are profiled in this report.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
1. Polylactic Acid Market - Overview
1.1. Definitions and Scope
2. Polylactic Acid Market - Executive summary
2.1. Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3. Polylactic Acid Market
3.1. Comparative analysis
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 10 companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 10 companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 10 companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4. Polylactic Acid Market – Startup companies Scenario Premium
4.1. Top 10 startup company Analysis by
4.1.3. Market Shares
4.1.4. Market Size and Application Analysis
4.1.5. Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Polylactic Acid Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium
5.1. Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2. New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3. Case studies of successful ventures
5.4. Customer Analysis – Top 10 companies
6. Polylactic Acid Market Forces
6.4. Porters five force model
6.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
6.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
6.4.3. Threat of new entrants
6.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
6.4.5. Threat of substitutes
7. Polylactic Acid Market -Strategic analysis
7.1. Value chain analysis
7.2. Opportunities analysis
7.3. Product life cycle
7.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
8. Polylactic Acid Market – By Type (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
8.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
8.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
8.3. Product Segment Analysis
8.3.1. Racemic PLLA (Poly-L-Lactic Acid)
8.3.2. Regular PLLA (Poly-L-Lactic Acid)
8.3.3. PDLA (Poly-D-Lactic Acid)
8.3.4. PDLLA (Poly-DL-Lactic Acid)
9. Polylactic Acid Market – By Type of Manufacturing Process (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
9.2. Polymerization / Ring Opening Polymerization
10. Polylactic Acid Market – By Application (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.1.1.1. Collagen Synthesis
10.1.1.2. Elastin Synthesis
10.1.3. Body Care
10.2.1. Flexible Bio-plastic Packaging
10.3.1. Low Flammability Fabrics
10.3.2. UV Resistant Fabrics
10.4.1. Bio degradable Medical devices
11. Polylactic Acid – By End User Industry(Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.1. Segment type Size and Market Share Analysis
11.2. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.3. Application Segment Analysis by Type
11.3.1. Packaging Industries
11.3.3. Electrical & Electronics
11.3.5. Bio Medical
11.3.6. Electrical & Electronics
12. Polylactic Acid - By Geography (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.1. Polylactic Acid Market - North America Segment Research
12.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
12.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.2.2. Revenue and Trends
12.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
220.127.116.11. Rest of North America
12.3. Polylactic Acid - South America Segment Research
12.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.4.2. Revenue and Trends
12.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
18.104.22.168. Costa Rica
22.214.171.124. Rest of South America
12.5. Polylactic Acid - Europe Segment Research
12.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.6.2. Revenue and Trends
12.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
126.96.36.199. Rest of Europe
12.7. Polylactic Acid – APAC Segment Research
12.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.8.2. Revenue and Trends
12.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.8.5. APAC Segment – Product type and Application Market Size
188.8.131.52. South Korea
13. Polylactic Acid Market - Entropy
13.1. New product launches
13.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
14. Polylactic Acid Market – Industry / Segment Competition landscape Premium
14.1. Market Share Analysis
14.1.1. Market Share by Country- Top companies
14.1.2. Market Share by Region- Top 10 companies
14.1.3. Market Share by type of Application – Top 10 companies
14.1.4. Market Share by type of Product / Product category- Top 10 companies
14.1.5. Market Share at global level- Top 10 companies
14.1.6. Best Practises for companies
15. Polylactic Acid Market – Key Company List by Country Premium
16. Polylactic Acid Market Company Analysis
16.1. Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
16.3. MCB Industries
16.4. Praxair Technology
16.5. SA Calcium Carbide
16.7. APH Regency Power
16.8. Carbide Industries
16.9. Company 8
16.10. Company 9
16.11. Company 10 and more
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
17. Polylactic Acid Market -Appendix
18. Polylactic Acid Market -Methodology Premium
18.1. Research Methodology
18.1.1. Company Expert Interviews
18.1.2. Industry Databases
18.1.4. Company News
18.1.5. Company Annual Reports
18.1.6. Application Trends
18.1.7. New Products and Product database
18.1.8. Company Transcripts
18.1.9. R&D Trends
18.1.10. Key Opinion Leaders Interviews
18.1.11. Supply and Demand Trends