The global chloroform exports in 2017 amounted to $ 9,171,294,000 and is expected to grow steadily. The growth of the chloroform market is triggered by the increase in the demand for HVAC (Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning) equipment and fluoropolymers most importantly PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene). The industrial use of chloroform as an important reagent for producing dyes, coatings and pesticides is expanding rapidly throughout. Developing countries like China and India are seeing more investments in the production of chloroform as supply chains are optimized involving these developing countries. The applications of chloroform and its derivatives is found in manufacturing of refrigerants, PTFE, piping inlet coatings, dust filters and others.
What is Chloroform?
Chloroform also known as trichloromethane is one of the most popular solvent for organic compounds which do not dissolve well in water. It is colourless, volatile and has a strong smell, commonly used in laboratories as a solvent and extensively used in industries as an intermediate for the manufacturing of refrigerants and fluorocarbons. In the past, chloroform was used as an anesthetic but due to its volatile and possible carcinogenic effect, the chemical was banned.
Market Research and Market Trends of Chloroform Market
- Researchers at the University Putra Malaysia have published their research on the determination of anti-ulcer activity mechanisms of chloroform derived from the Channa striatus fillet fish. This fish is used as a traditional cure for wounds and ulcers in Malaysia. This would lead to a better understanding of how chloroform works in different biological and physiological cases while relating to its pharmacology and biochemistry.
- The leading European key player in manufacturing chloroform, Kem One signed a joint-venture deal with an Indian chemicals manufacturer named Chemplast Sanmar. The project which is being set up at an estimated cost of Rs. 325 crores (about 48 MUSD) will have technology from Kem One and a capacity of 22,000 TPA of CPVC resins. It will also manufacture CPVC compounds where the important intermediate is chloroform
Who are the Major Players in Chloroform Market?
The key players in the manufacturing of Chloroform and its derivatives are BASF SE, Dow Chemicals, Tokuyama Corporation, Solvay and Gujarat Alkalies and Chemicals Limited.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.