Ethylene Oxide Market Overview:
Ethylene oxide also known as epoxyethane, dimethylene oxide is a colorless liquid formed by the oxidation of ethylene and silver catalyst. It finds many applications in various industries, especially as an intermediate in the formation of ethylene glycol, an important chemical in the formation of polyester and polyethylene terephthalate. Netherlands tops the list of the countries that export ethylene oxide with an export quantity of 150,529 tons followed by Germany with 91,517 tons and United States of America with 28,345 tons. Imports quantity being considered Germany stood in the first place with a total import quantity of 90,668 tons followed by Italy with 86,254 tons and Belgium with 64,687 tons of ethylene oxide being imported.
Ethylene Oxide Market Outlook:
Ethylene Oxide up on hydration at a certain temperature produces ethylene glycol which is an important chemical in the manufacturing of polyester. Ethylene glycol, also used in manufacturing fiberglass is in turn being used in products like bath tubs, balls and many more. Sterilization of ethylene glycol is used to fumigate the medical equipment.
Ethylene Oxide Market Growth drivers:
Consumers has started opting for a better packaged food and beverage products. The increase in the usage of PET bottles is a driver for the increase in ethylene oxide. The increase in the sales of vehicles is also a driver for the ethylene oxide market as it finds its applications in the seat belts and many more.
The increased usage of resins and polyester fibers is also a driver for the ethylene oxide market. The other major driver is the great demand for the household and cosmetics.
Ethylene Oxide Market Challenges:
One of the major challenges is the emissions of carbon-di-oxide content in to the environment due to the oxidation process that is being carried out.
The other challenge is the residue that is left over the instrument when it undergoes the sterilization process. Sterilization chemicals are much poisonous as they attack the protein cells in the microorganisms.
Ethylene oxide is a flammable gas and care must be taken when it is used in the sterilization process.
Ethylene Oxide Market Research Scope:
The base year of the study is 2017, with forecast done up to 2023. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the Ethylene Oxide Market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the types of plastics in the electric vehicle market, and their specific applications in different types of vehicles.
Ethylene Oxide (SAP) Market Report: Industry Coverage
Ethylene Oxide Market– By Type of Logistics Provider: 1st Party Logistics, 2nd Party Logistics, 3rd Party Logistics, 4th Party Logistics and 5th Party Logistics.
Ethylene Oxide Market– By Services: Transportation and Distribution, Storage and Warehousing, Freight Logistics, Contract Logistics, Customs and Security, Green Logistics, Consulting and Management Services, Technology and others.
Ethylene Oxide Market – By Method of Transport: Road, Rail, Air, Ship and Intermodal.
Ethylene Oxide Market – By End User Industry: Chemical industry, Pharmaceutical Industry, Cosmetic Industry, Oil and Gas Industry, Specialty Chemicals Industry, Coating Industry and others.
The Ethylene Oxide Market report also analyzes the major geographic regions for the market as well as the major countries for the market in these regions. The regions and countries covered in the study include:
- North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico
- South America: Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica
- Europe: The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark
- APAC: China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong
- Middle East and Africa: Israel, South Africa, Saudi Arabia
Ethylene Oxide Market Key Players Perspective:
Some of the Key players in this market that have been studied for this report include: AkzoNobel, The Dow Chemical Company, BASF SE, INEOS Group, SINOPEC, Indian Oil, Lyondell Basell, Eastern Petrochemical Company, Reliance Group, Huntsman and many more.
Market Research and Market Trends of Ethylene Oxide Market
- One key trend that is noticeable in the market is the digitalization of various segments of the businesses and the opportunities that technological advancements are bringing for the customer. Companies are providing their own propriety trademarked TMS to their customers for better supply chain visibility, management and in depth analytics data so that Supply chain operation can be optimized.
- Increase concerns over pollution levels and emissions from the transport sector has pushed many companies to take a more environmentally friendly approach, some companies give carbon emission reports and provide data so that companies can decrease their carbon footprint and general environmental impact. Many other companies are taking proactive steps to reduce their emissions and increase the efficiency of their energy consumption, companies are also providing waste recovery services.
- With the growing Chemical productions in China and India as well as other APAC countries and the trade war between USA and China the market is going to see a shift towards the APAC markets as China and India take more steps to reduce trade barriers by reducing tariffs on imports and export. This will be a business environment change for the Ethylene Oxide market shifting from the Western sphere.