According to recent research, bio-plastic product increased market share from 1% to around 10% of global plastic consumption, representing 20 million tons per annum. There is an exceptional demand for bio-plastic in packaging and it is expected to reach 885000 tons in medium term.
What is Bio-Plastic?
As a name suggested bio-plastic is a bio degradable plastic. Bio-plastic is a plastic made from a renewable sources such as plant and animal source, unlike conventional plastics which are made from petroleum. Currently most of the bio-plastics are made from plant based raw material such as sugar cane, corns and so on.
Market Research and Market Trends of Bio-Plastics market.
- UK government is looking forward to manufacture Bio-plastic as bio-plastic generating jobs and revenue as well as tackling the global plastic waste problem.
- Most of the companies are looking forward to manufacture bio-plastic as bio-plastic have a potential to replace many materials like metal in automotive.
- The demand for premium packaging, for a consumer products such as cosmetics and other household items, is increasing in developed and mature markets such as the US
Who are the Major Players in Bio-Plastics Market?
The companies referred in the market research report are Biome Nio-plastics, Biofase, Corbion, and 10 other companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
1. Bio-Plastics Market - Overview
1.1. Definitions and Scope
2. Bio-Plastics Market - Executive summary
2.1. Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3. Bio-Plastics Market
3.1. Comparative analysis
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 10 companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 10 companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 10 companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4. Bio-Plastics Market – Startup companies Scenario Premium
4.1. Top 10 startup company Analysis by
4.1.3. Market Shares
4.1.4. Market Size and Application Analysis
4.1.5. Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Bio-Plastics Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium
5.1. Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2. New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3. Case studies of successful ventures
5.4. Customer Analysis – Top 10 companies
6. Bio-Plastics Market Forces
6.4. Porters five force model
6.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
6.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
6.4.3. Threat of new entrants
6.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
6.4.5. Threat of substitutes
7. Bio-Plastics Market - Strategic analysis
7.1. Value chain analysis
7.2. Opportunities analysis
7.3. Product life cycle
7.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
8. Bio-Plastics Market – By material (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
8.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
8.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
8.3. Product Segment Analysis
9. Bio-Plastics Market – By types (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
9.1 Polylactic acid or polylactide (PLA)
9.2 Poly-3-hydroxybutyrate (PHB)
9.3 polyamide 11 (P11)
9.4 polylactic acid (PLA)
9.5 polyhydroxyalkanaoates (PHA)
9.6 polybutylene succinate (PBS)
10. Bio-Based Cleaning Products Market – By Distribution Channel (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.1 Large Retailers
10.1.1 Department Store
10.1.3 Warehouse retailers
10.1.4 Specialty Retailers
10.1.5 Discount retailer
10.2 Online Portals
11. Bio-Plastics – By End User(Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.1. Segment type Size and Market Share Analysis
11.2. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.3. Application Segment Analysis by Type
11.3.5 Food and Beverage
12. Bio-Plastics - By Geography (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.1. Bio-Plastics Market - North America Segment Research
12.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
12.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.2.2. Revenue and Trends
12.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
220.127.116.11. Rest of North America
12.3. Bio-Plastics - South America Segment Research
12.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.4.2. Revenue and Trends
12.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
18.104.22.168. Costa Rica
22.214.171.124. Rest of South America
12.5. Bio-Plastics - Europe Segment Research
12.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.6.2. Revenue and Trends
12.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
126.96.36.199. Rest of Europe
12.7. Bio-Plastics – APAC Segment Research
12.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.8.2. Revenue and Trends
12.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.8.5. APAC Segment – Product type and Application Market Size
188.8.131.52. South Korea
13. Bio-Plastics Market - Entropy
13.1. New product launches
13.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
14. Bio-Plastics Market – Industry / Segment Competition landscape Premium
14.1. Market Share Analysis
14.1.1. Market Share by Country- Top companies
14.1.2. Market Share by Region- Top 10 companies
14.1.3. Market Share by type of Application – Top 10 companies
14.1.4. Market Share by type of Product / Product category- Top 10 companies
14.1.5. Market Share at global level- Top 10 companies
14.1.6. Best Practises for companies
15. Bio-Plastics Market – Key Company List by Country Premium
16. Bio-Plastics Market Company Analysis
16.1. Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
16.2. Biome Nio-plastics
16.5. Company 4
16.6. Company 5
16.7. Company 6
16.8. Company 7
16.9. Company 8
16.10. Company 9
16.11. Company 10 and more
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
17. Bio-Plastics Market - Appendix
18. Bio-Plastics Market - Methodology
18.1. Research Methodology
18.1.1. Company Expert Interviews
18.1.2. Industry Databases
18.1.4. Company News
18.1.5. Company Annual Reports
18.1.6. Application Trends
18.1.7. New Products and Product database
18.1.8. Company Transcripts
18.1.9. R&D Trends
18.1.10. Key Opinion Leaders Interviews
18.1.11. Supply and Demand Trends