Fish Oil Products Market - Industry Analysis, Market Size, Share, Trends, Growth and Forecast 2020 - 2025
Fish Oil Products Market size is estimated to reach $8.1 Billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 4.3% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Fish oil is type of fat or oil obtained from fish tissue of oily fish, such as tuna, mackerel, herring, and anchovies. Fish oil has a high percentage of chain omega-3 fatty acids like EPA and DHA, which is very important ingredients used in all the health care supplements. World Health Organization (WHO) recommends eating one-two portions of fish or fish oil products, as it has many health benefits and helps to protect against a many diseases. The major proportion of omega-3s in fish oil includes docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), which helps the body to synthesize chemicals that are involved in inflammation and blood clotting.
Fish Oil Products Market Report Coverage
The report: “Fish Oil Products Market Forecast (2020-2025)”, by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Fish Oil Products Market.
By Species: Anchovy, Mackerel, Sardines, Cod and others.
By Application: Aquaculture, Animal Nutrition & Pet food, Direct Human Consumption, Pharmaceuticals, Supplements & Functional food and others.
By Geography: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and Rest of World
- Geographically, Europe’s Fish Oil Products market accounted for the highest revenue share in 2019 owing to the high demand from pharmaceuticals, and food industry.
- Fish Oil Products based on applications has aquaculture segment leading the market share in 2019 owing to their sustainable practices.
- Detailed analysis on the Strength, Weakness and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Fish Oil Products Market report.
- The stringent regulations in the market act as challenge to hamper the growth for the forecast period 2020-2025.
By Species - Segment Analysis
The global Fish Oil Products Market based on species has anchovy, mackerel, sardines, cod and others. The anchovy segment is set to be fastest growing segment with CAGR of 3.9% during the forecast period (2020-2025). This is owing to high source of marine-derived omega-3s which has high demand in both food and healthcare industries. Besides, it helps in weight loss and pregnancy problems.
By Application - Segment Analysis
The Application segment of Fish Oil Products Market has aquaculture, animal nutrition & pet food, direct human consumption, pharmaceuticals, supplements & functional food and others. The aquaculture segment registered for the highest market share in 2019 and is set to continue for the forecast period (2020-2025). The increase in activities like aquaculture production, expansion in fisheries in terms of trading and consumption has helped the segment to increase revenue in the year 2019.
By Geography - Segment Analysis
The global Fish Oil Products Market by geography had the dominant share in Europe, in terms of revenue in 2019. Europe holds largest market share of 37.2 % owing to the high growth in salmon and trout farming in the region. The market in North America is set to experience significant growth for fish oil products market owing to increasing awareness of health benefits among consumers. Besides, Increase in chronic diseases in countries like U.S. is driving the demand in the region and is set to continue for the forecast period 2020-2025.
Drivers – Fish Oil Products Market
- Awareness of Medical Benefits
The demand for Fish Oil Products is driving forward owing to the growing awareness of numerous medical benefits that they provide. Besides, Rapid increase in nutritional and pharmaceutical sector, and increase in usage of fish oil in lubricants and protective coatings, are acting as drivers for supporting the growth of the Fish Oil Products market.
Challenges – Fish Oil Products Market
- Stringent Regulations
Fish Oil Products Market has stringent regulations to set up and operate and it has become a challenge for the growth of market for the forecast period 2020-2025.
Fish Oil Products Industry outlook:
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the Fish Oil Products Market. Key companies of this market are colpex, fmc, croda, triplenine group, olvea, orizon, copeinca, rieber oils, FF skagen, omega protien, pesquera pacific star, pioneer, oceana group, austevoll seafood, barlean’s.
- On Dec 16 2019, FDA approves omega-3 fish oil medication “Vascepa” made by pharmaceutical company Amarin, to reduce risk of death in people with high cholesterol.
- In 2015, Oceana Group acquired Daybrook, an American based marine company for USD 383.3million, to increase their scope in product offerings.
1. Fish Oil Products Market - Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Fish Oil Products Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Species
2.3 Key trends by Application
2.4 Key trends by Geography
3. Fish Oil Products Market – Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking – Key Companies
3.2 Financial Analysis – Key Companies
3.3 Market Value Split by Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis – Key Companies
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Fish Oil Products Market - Startup Companies Scenario (Premium)
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Fish Oil Products Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium (Premium)
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Fish Oil Products - Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters five force model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Fish Oil Products Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. Fish Oil Products Market – By Species (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
8.5 Others (include Herring, Menhaden, etc.)
9. Fish Oil Products Market – By Application (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
9.2 Animal Nutrition & Pet food
9.3 Direct Human Consumption
9.5 Supplements & Functional food
10. Fish Oil Products Market - By Geography (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
10.1 North America
10.2.6 Rest of Europe
10.3.4 South Korea
10.3.5 Australia & New Zealand
10.3.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
10.4 Rest of the World
10.4.1 Middle East
10.4.3 South America
11. Fish Oil Products Market - Entropy
12. Fish Oil Products Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape (Premium)
12.1 Market Share Analysis
12.1.1 Global Market Share – Key Companies
12.1.2 Market Share by Region – Key companies
12.1.3 Market Share by Countries – Key Companies
12.1.4 Best Practices for Companies
13. Fish Oil Products Market – Key Company List by Country Premium (Premium)
14. Fish Oil Products Market Company Analysis
14.1 Company 1
14.2 Company 2
14.3 Company 3
14.4 Company 4
14.5 Company 5
14.6 Company 6
14.7 Company 7
14.8 Company 8
14.9 Company 9
14.10 Company 10 and more
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.