Caramel Market Overview
Caramel Market size is estimated to reach $3.4 Bn by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 6.5% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Caramel is a confectionery product made by heating a variety of sugars. Caramel can be used as a flavoring in puddings and desserts and also as a topping for ice cream and custard. Increase in the demand for confectionery products, increase in the investment by the major companies, advancements in technology, increase in the demand for convenience foods and increase in the disposable income of individuals are the factors that are set to drive the growth of the global market for the forecast period 2020-2025.
Caramel Market Report Coverage
The report: “Caramel Market Forecast (2020-2025)”, by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Caramel Market.
By Function: Colors, Flavors, Toppings, Fillings, Others.
By Form: Solid and Semi-Solid, Liquid.
By Application: Bakery and Confectionery, Dairy and Frozen Desserts, Beverages, Snacks, Others.
By Geography: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and Rest of World (RoW).
- Geographically, Asia-Pacific Caramel Market accounted for the highest revenue share in 2019 and it is poised to dominate during the forecast period 2020-2025 owing to the high demand.
- The increase in the technology and increase in the applications of caramel ingredients is likely to aid in the market growth of Caramel Market.
- Detailed analysis on the Strength, Weakness and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Caramel Market report.
- The increase in the product launches and increase in the disposable income of individuals are creating higher opportunities for the growth of market for the forecast period 2020-2025.
Caramel Market Segment Analysis - By Function
Based on the Function, the Colors segment held the largest share in 2019. This is owing to the factors such as rapid increase in the demand for food additives, increase in the applications of color ingredients in beverages, increase in the demand for convenience foods, rise in the disposable income of individuals, growing inclination towards taste and increase in the demand for confectionery products.
Caramel Market Segment Analysis - By Application
Based on the Application, Bakery and Confectionery segment held the largest share in 2019 owing to the factors such as increase in the investment by the major companies, growing demand for convenience foods, availability of choice of flavor and increase in the inclination towards sedentary lifestyle. Beverages segment is estimated to be the fastest growing segment owing to the factors such as increase in the product launches and innovations, increase in the disposable income of individuals and increase in the demand of caramel ingredients in hot beverages.
Caramel Market Segment Analysis - By Geography
Based on the Geography, Asia-Pacific held the largest share in 2019. The growth in this segment is owing to the factors such as increase in the disposable income of individuals, increase in the demand for convenience foods and increase in the demand for beverages and confectionery products. North America is estimated to be the fastest growing segment, owing to the factors such as increase in the investment by the major companies in the developed nations, increase in the inclination towards taste, sedentary lifestyle and increase in the product launches.
Caramel Market Drivers
Increase in the demand for confectionery products and increase in the applications of caramel ingredients.
The increase in the demand for confectionery products owing to increase in the inclination towards taste is estimated to enhance the growth of Caramel Market. Advancements in technology and increase in the applications of caramel ingredients are also the factors which enhance the growth of Caramel Market.
Increase in the investment by the major companies and increase in the disposable income of individuals.
There is a rapid increase in the investment by the major companies owing to the growing demand. This led to rapid increase in the growth of Caramel Market. Increase in the disposable income of individuals is also estimated to enhance the growth of the Caramel Market.
Caramel Market Challenges
Increase in the price of caramel ingredients and growing health consciousness among individuals
Increase in the price of caramel ingredients is one of the major factors that is estimated to reduce the growth of the Caramel Market. Growing health consciousness among individuals owing to increase in the number of diseases is also said to reduce the growth of the Caramel Market.
Caramel Industry Outlook:
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the Caramel Market. Key companies of this market are Kerry Group, Cargill, Sethness Caramel Color, Bakels Worldwide, Nigay SAS, Metarom Group, Martin Braun KG, Puratos Group, Barry Callebaut AG, Goteborgsfood Budapest Ltd among others.
- In 2015, Sethness Caramel Color has launched red-toned powdered caramel color called RT198. It has a huge index of 6.0. The color, which is free of 4-MEI, complements the company traditional line of brown and yellow-toned caramel colors.
- In 2017, Cargill has launched Seabird, a new ingredient derived from cultivated seaweed to deliver outstanding firmness, creaminess to any gelled daily dessert formulation such as flan, custard and cream caramel.
1. Caramel Market - Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Caramel Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends
2.2 Key trends by Function
2.3 Key trends by Form
2.4 Key trends by Application
2.5 Key trends by Geography
3. Caramel Market – Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking – Key Companies
3.2 Financial Analysis – Key Companies
3.3 Market Value Split by Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis – Key Companies
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Caramel Market - Startup Companies Scenario Premium
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Caramel Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium Premium
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Caramel - Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters five force model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Caramel Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. Caramel Market – By Function (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
9. Caramel Market – By Form (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
9.1 Solid and Semi-Solid
10. Caramel Market – By Application (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
10.1 Bakery and Confectionery
10.2 Dairy and Frozen Desserts
11. Caramel Market - By Geography (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
11.1 North America
11.2.6 Rest of Europe
11.3.4 South Korea
11.3.5 Australia & New Zealand
11.3.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
11.4 Rest of the World
11.4.1 Middle East
11.4.3 South America
12. Caramel Market - Entropy
13. Caramel Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape Premium
13.1 Market Share Analysis
13.1.1 Global Market Share – Key Companies
13.1.2 Market Share by Region – Key companies
13.1.3 Market Share by Countries – Key Companies
13.1.4 Best Practices for Companies
14. Caramel Market – Key Company List by Country Premium Premium
15. Caramel Market Company Analysis
15.1 Company 1
15.2 Company 2
15.3 Company 3
15.4 Company 4
15.5 Company 5
15.6 Company 6
15.7 Company 7
15.8 Company 8
15.9 Company 9
15.10 Company 10
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.