There are various reasons for the increase in demand of electrolyte drinks, such as the general population’s awareness towards the need to maintain a healthy lifestyle, as well as the fast changing lifestyles of people.
What are Electrolyte Drinks?
An electrolyte is a scientific term for “salt”. An electrolyte drink has a composition of salt and sugar in an ionizing substance such as water. Electrolyte drinks are commonly used to help sustain energy and recovery from exercise. The main use of the drink is to make up for the loss of electrolytes for those who are athletes or regularly workout. The amount of electrolytes varies from person to person, as various parameters come into play such as age, gender, fitness, duration of exercise and environmental factors.
What are the applications of Electrolyte Drinks?
Electrolyte Drinks are of three types, i.e. Isotonic, Hypotonic and Hypertonic.
Electrolyte Drinks can be distributed through various channels such as department stores, convenience stores, and vending machines and online, etc. These drinks are used at various stages of the work-out such as before, during and after the completion.
Although electrolyte drinks are catered towards athletes and regularly exercising adults, the general population is among the major buyers, as the product hints at a healthier lifestyle.
Market Research & Market Trends:
- Gatorade launches new product to combat sales drop:
- Gatorade will be launching Gatorade Zero, as a new product in the market. The product will dial down on the sugar content in an attempt to sway consumers who have moved away from sports drinks altogether. Many companies have noticed the trend where people want to choose what fits their diet, and will
- Coco-Cola cuts 20% of sugar content from its beverages served in Australia:
- A drink manufacturer reducing its sugar content to cope with the current trend where people are trying to reduce their calorie intake. We could expect more companies to follow suit and introduce more sugarless concoctions.
- PowerAde introduces a new product which contains coconut water:
- Recent studies indicated that coconut water could be just as useful to consumers, as electrolyte drinks. Now, we see PowerAde trying to use that information to come up with a new product. This continues to blur the line of categories that electrolyte drinks can be classified under.
- Keurig Green Mountain merges with Dr. Pepper Snapple:
- A new entrant has emerged in the electrolyte drink market, Keurig Dr. Pepper will be the new name of the resulting company. A coffee and tea manufacturer merging with a company that produces soft drinks and sports drinks, signals the need to diversify in the market.
Who are the key players in the Electrolyte Drinks market?
The key players in the Electrolyte drinks market are Pepsi, Coco Cola, AJE, Pacific Health Labs, BodyArmor Superdrink, Fraser & Neave Limited (F&N), Otsuka Pharmaceutical and a few other companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
1. Electrolyte Drinks Market - Overview
1.1. Definitions and Scope
2. Electrolyte Drinks Market - Executive summary
2.1. Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3. Electrolyte Drinks Market
3.1. Comparative analysis
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 10 companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 10 companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 10 companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4. Electrolyte Drinks Market – Startup companies Scenario Premium
4.1. Top 10 startup company Analysis by
4.1.3. Market Shares
4.1.4. Market Size and Application Analysis
4.1.5. Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Electrolyte Drinks Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium
5.1. Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2. New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3. Case studies of successful ventures
5.4. Customer Analysis – Top 10 companies
6. Electrolyte Drinks Market Forces
6.4. Porters five force model
6.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
6.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
6.4.3. Threat of new entrants
6.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
6.4.5. Threat of substitutes
7. Electrolyte Drinks Market -Strategic analysis
7.1. Value chain analysis
7.2. Opportunities analysis
7.3. Product life cycle
7.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
8. Electrolyte Drinks Market – By Type (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
8.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
8.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
8.3. Product Segment Analysis
9. Electrolyte Drinks Market – By Packaging (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
9.4. Tetra Pak
10. Electrolyte Drinks Market – By Form (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11. Electrolyte Drinks Market – By Distribution Channel (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.2. Supermarkets & Large Retailers
11.3. Online Stores
11.4. Convenience Stores/ Gas stations
11.5. Vending machine vendors
12. Electrolyte Drinks - By Geography (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.1. Electrolyte Drinks Market - North America Segment Research
12.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
12.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.2.2. Revenue and Trends
12.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
18.104.22.168. Rest of North America
12.3. Electrolyte Drinks - South America Segment Research
12.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.4.2. Revenue and Trends
12.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
22.214.171.124. Costa Rica
126.96.36.199. Rest of South America
12.5. Electrolyte Drinks - Europe Segment Research
12.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.6.2. Revenue and Trends
12.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
188.8.131.52. Rest of Europe
12.7. Electrolyte Drinks – APAC Segment Research
12.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.8.2. Revenue and Trends
12.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.8.5. APAC Segment – Product type and Application Market Size
184.108.40.206. South Korea
13. Electrolyte Drinks Market - Entropy
13.1. New product launches
13.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
14. Electrolyte Drinks Market – Industry / Segment Competition landscape Premium
14.1. Market Share Analysis
14.1.1. Market Share by Country- Top companies
14.1.2. Market Share by Region- Top 10 companies
14.1.3. Market Share by type of Application – Top 10 companies
14.1.4. Market Share by type of Product / Product category- Top 10 companies
14.1.5. Market Share at global level- Top 10 companies
14.1.6. Best Practises for companies
15. Electrolyte Drinks Market – Key Company List by Country Premium
16. Electrolyte Drinks Market Company Analysis
16.1. Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
16.2. Company 1
16.3. Company 2
16.4. Company 3
16.5. Company 4
16.6. Company 5
16.7. Company 6
16.8. Company 7
16.9. Company 8
16.10. Company 9
16.11. Company 10 and More
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
17. Electrolyte Drinks Market -Appendix
18. Electrolyte Drinks Market -Methodology Premium
18.1. Research Methodology
18.1.1. Company Expert Interviews
18.1.2. Industry Databases
18.1.4. Company News
18.1.5. Company Annual Reports
18.1.6. Application Trends
18.1.7. New Products and Product database
18.1.8. Company Transcripts
18.1.9. R&D Trends
18.1.10. Key Opinion Leaders Interviews
18.1.11. Supply and Demand Trends