This report centres on the Denatured Alcohol in the worldwide market, particularly in North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa. This report categorizes the market in light of producers, regions, type and application.
What is Denatured Alcohol?
Denatured Alcohol is Ethanol which made by the addition of one or more chemicals to it and made unfit for the human consumption. The main additive which typically used is 10% methanol. Other additives used are isopropyl alcohol, acetone, methyl ethyl ketone and methyl isobutyl ketone etc.
Applications of Denatured Alcohol:
Denatured alcohol is used as a cleaning agent for plastics and glass equipments. It is used as a medical disinfectant in sanitizers, in cosmetics and specimen preservation. It is used as a solvent in dissolving glue, wax, grease, red wine and ink stains. It also helps in wood working processes in Shellac and in the sanding process.
Trends in Denatured Alcohol Market:
- Denatured Alcohol owing to the eco-friendly attributes and its various applications in many industries, its market is expected to grow at a significant demand over the forecast period. Denatured alcohol market is primarily driven by the increasing demand for its usage in the household and many types of industries as well. There is a greater need for cleaning agent in glass industries and sanitizing agent in medical industries. Not only in the industries but it is also used in the household items as now-a-days people are more concerned with health and hygiene, it serves the purpose in the form of sanitizer. Methanol (methyl alcohol) which is used as the main additive in the production of denatured alcohol. Methanol is a byproduct of wood stock but nowadays it is often produced from methane. This makes denatured alcohol an eco-friendly alternative to other cleaning products that are clogged with chemicals.
- One of the major challenges is that denatured alcohol will dry out very easily if they are not stored properly. The containers should sealed tightly and stored in a shady and cool place to prevent vaporization. Like any alcohols, denatured alcohol is highly inflammable. It should not be used near open flame and requires proper ventilation to avoid any danger. Industries should take care utmost care in handling and storage of denatured alcohol.
- On 18th of May 2018, Gansu Sangtian Clean Energy Development Co., Ltd. has been granted a patent named “M20 methanol gasoline denatured alcohol additive” in which M20 methanal gasoline is prepared with the denatured alcohol as additive. This improves the phase separation resistance and helps in long-term storage in low-temperature high-humidity environments.
- August 31, 2017: The Dow Chemical Company (Dow) has successfully merged with the E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company (“DuPont”) becoming DowDuPont™.
- May 3, 2018: Solenis (Wilmington) and BASF SE (Ludwigshafen, Germany) signed an agreement to combine BASF’s paper and water chemicals business with Solenis to jointly create a customer-focused global speciality chemical company.
Key Players in Denatured Alcohol market:
The companies referred to in the market research report includes the key players in the market who are Sherwin-Williams, WM Barr, Warner Graham Company, BASF, ADM, Valero Energy Corporation, Sasol, Commercial Alcohols, Dow Chemical, SABIC and Recochem among others.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.