Chromium (Cr) is one of the world’s most strategic and critical materials having a wide range of uses in the metals and chemical industries. Alloys containing Cr enhance metal resistance to impact, corrosion, and oxidation. Chromium Trioxide is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2% during the forecast period i.e. 2018 to 2023.
What is Chromium Trioxide?
Chromium trioxide is an inorganic compound with the recipe CrO3. It is the acidic anhydride of Chromic acid. This compound is a dim purple strong under anhydrous conditions, brilliant orange when wet and which breaks up in water accompanying with hydrolysis.
Applications of Chromium Trioxide:
There are many applications which include Metal finishing, manufacture of wood preservation products, catalyst manufacture, chromium dioxide manufacture and pigment manufacture. There are other uses in the production of potassium and ammonium dichromate.
Trends in Chromium Trioxide Market:
- Even though Chromium Trioxide has many uses, there are many disadvantages as well. It is an affirmed human carcinogenic agent. Chromium trioxide fundamentally affects the nose, throat and lungs causing ulcerations, shortness of breath, bronchitis, pneumonia and asthma-like sensitivity yet can likewise influence the gastrointestinal tract, liver, kidneys and immune system. This substance is a known human cancer-causing agent and is related with an expanded danger of creating lung cancer and cancer of the sinonasal cavity. Under prolonged exposure to fire or heat the containers may explode. Industries are taking specific precautions like using the safety masks, gloves and others so that they don’t get in contact with the chromium trioxide directly.
- Risk Management measures are also implemented like, the coating plant is designed by technical measures in such a way that the personnel cannot come into contact with Cr (VI) aerosols or the electrolyte during and after electrolysis. During electrolysis, the chemistry remains in a closed system. No Cr (VI) Aerosol is generated in the cell. Oxygen and Hydrogen are separated from the chemistry by a gas separator. The coating cells are not accessible during chromium plating and are additionally protected by a splashguard. The rectifiers can only be switched on or operated when the extraction is switched on. If the exhaust system fails, the rectifiers are switched off immediately. No emission of aerosols is possible. The exhaust air purification system is equipped with an extractor. The resulting rinsing water is usually returned to the chromium plating bath. The exhaust air purification system is completely closed so that no contact with chromium trioxide occurs
- April 21, 2017- Specialty chemicals company Lanxess Aktiengesellschaft has successfully completed the acquisition of U.S. Company Chemtura.
Key Players in Chromium Trioxide market:
The companies referred to in the market research report includes industry key players in the Chromium Trioxide Market. They are Lanxess Aktiengesellschaft (Germany), Soda Sanayii (Turkey), Elementis Plc (UK), Hunter Chemical LLC (US), Aktyubinsk (Kazakhstan), MidUral Group (Russia), Nippon Chemicals (Japan), Zhenhua Chemical (China), Chongqing Minfeng Chemical Co. Ltd., Haining Peace Chemical (China), Zhonglan Yima Chemical (China) among others.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
1. Chromium Trioxide Market - Overview
1.1. Definitions and Scope
2. Chromium Trioxide Market - Executive summary
2.1. Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3. Chromium Trioxide Market
3.1. Comparative analysis
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 10 companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 10 companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 10 companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4. Chromium Trioxide Market – Startup companies Scenario Premium
4.1. Top 10 startup company Analysis by
4.1.3. Market Shares
4.1.4. Market Size and Application Analysis
4.1.5. Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Chromium Trioxide Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium
5.1. Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2. New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3. Case studies of successful ventures
5.4. Customer Analysis – Top 10 companies
6. Chromium Trioxide Market Forces
6.4. Porters five force model
6.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
6.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
6.4.3. Threat of new entrants
6.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
6.4.5. Threat of substitutes
7. Chromium Trioxide Market - Strategic analysis
7.1. Value chain analysis
7.2. Opportunities analysis
7.3. Product life cycle
7.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
8. Chromium Trioxide Market – By Purity (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
8.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
8.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
8.3. Product Segment Analysis
9. Chromium Trioxide Market – By Application (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
9.2. Wood Treatments
9.3. Dyeing and Printing
10. Chromium Trioxide - By Geography (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.1. Chromium Trioxide Market - North America Segment Research
10.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
10.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
10.2.2. Revenue and Trends
10.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
10.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
10.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
10.2.5.4. Rest of North America
10.3. Chromium Trioxide - South America Segment Research
10.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
10.4.2. Revenue and Trends
10.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
10.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
10.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
10.4.5.7. Costa Rica
10.4.5.8. Rest of South America
10.5. Chromium Trioxide - Europe Segment Research
10.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
10.6.2. Revenue and Trends
10.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
10.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
10.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
10.6.5.9. Rest of Europe
10.7. Chromium Trioxide – APAC Segment Research
10.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
10.8.2. Revenue and Trends
10.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
10.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
10.8.5. APAC Segment – Product type and Application Market Size
10.8.5.4. South Korea
11. Chromium Trioxide Market - Entropy
11.1. New product launches
11.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
12. Chromium Trioxide Market – Industry / Segment Competition landscape Premium
12.1. Market Share Analysis
12.1.1. Market Share by Country- Top companies
12.1.2. Market Share by Region- Top 10 companies
12.1.3. Market Share by type of Application – Top 10 companies
12.1.4. Market Share by type of Product / Product category- Top 10 companies
12.1.5. Market Share at global level- Top 10 companies
12.1.6. Best Practises for companies
13. Chromium Trioxide Market – Key Company List by Country Premium
14. Chromium Trioxide Market Company Analysis
14.1. Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
14.2. Soda Sanayii (Turkey)
14.3. Elementis Plc (UK)
14.4. Hunter Chemical LLC (US)
14.5. Aktyubinsk (Kazakhstan)
14.6. MidUral Group (Russia)
14.7. Nippon Chemicals (Japan)
14.8. Zhenhua Chemical (China)
14.9. Chongqing Minfeng Chemical Co. Ltd.
14.10. Haining Peace Chemical (China)
14.11. Lanxess Aktiengesellschaft (Germany)
14.12. Company 11
14.13. Company 12
14.14. Company 13 and more
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
15. Chromium Trioxide Market - Appendix
16. Chromium Trioxide Market - Methodology
16.1. Research Methodology
16.1.1. Company Expert Interviews
16.1.2. Industry Databases
16.1.4. Company News
16.1.5. Company Annual Reports
16.1.6. Application Trends
16.1.7. New Products and Product database
16.1.8. Company Transcripts
16.1.9. R&D Trends
16.1.10. Key Opinion Leaders Interviews
16.1.11. Supply and Demand Trends