This report centers on the Pyridine in the worldwide market, particularly in North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa. This report categorizes the market in light of producers, regions, type and application.
What is Oxalic acid?
Oxalic acid is a dicarboxylic acid which is occurred in many plants and vegetables. It is also produced in the body by metabolism of glyoxylic acid or ascorbic acid. It is an odorless white crystalline solid with sour in taste. It is soluble in water, alcohol and ether. It has three product grades anhydrous, aqueous solution and dihydrate.
Applications of Oxalic acid:
Oxalic acid has wide uses as a bleaching or cleaning agent and pharmaceutical to purification or dilution purposes. It is used as a mordant in the dying process. Another important application of oxalic acid is to smelting of rare earth metals. It is also used as a bleaching agent in the textile and wood industry.
Oxalic acid plays a crucial role in the rust-removing in the metal treatment industries. Apart from the above uses, oxalic acid is also used as a reducing agent in developing photographic films. It is also used in wastewater treatment remove calcium from wastewater.
Trends in Oxalic acid Market:
- The main driver in the global Oxalic acid market is the exponential growth of the pharmaceutical industry worldwide. At approximately valued at $5.4 trillion today, the pharmaceutical industry is one of top five in the global economy by total value. Therefore owing to the numerous uses of Oxalic acid in the pharmaceutical industry, the Oxalic acid market will also grow along with the pharmaceutical industry.
- Another major driver in the growth of the oxalic acid market is the increase the use of Oxalic Acid in bleaching and cleaning purposes in various industrial and household applications. As oxalic acid finds many applications in the household purposes which cannot be fulfilled completely by its alternatives, the Oxalic acid market is expected to grow in the following years.
- Research has been done on Li-ion batteries as even though there are rechargeable batteries in smartphones, cars and tablets, they should be charged again and again. Old batteries often found themselves in landfills or incinerators which are potentially harmful to the environment. Researches have done on naturally occurring fungi by an environment-friendly recycling process to extract cobalt and lithium from tons of thrown waste batteries. Oxalic acid and citric acid were used in the process of extraction. This research will boost the usage of oxalic acid in the batteries industries which in turn uplifts the Oxalic acid market.
- Another research has been done on the electrolysis of energy storage. Generally, hydrogen is being used in the electrolysis but a research team has developed a flow-type polymer electrolyte cell which reduces oxalic acid (OX) to glycolic acid, which has a higher volumetric energy-storage capacity than hydrogen gas. This research also boosts the usage of growth of oxalic acid in the renewable energy market and in turn augments the global Oxalic acid market.
- October 13, 2016: Ube Industries, Ltd. and Mitsubishi Chemical Corp have agreed to a tie-up for a 50-50 joint venture in the lithium-ion battery electrolyte business in China.
- September 14, 2016: Clariant, one of the world leaders in specialty chemicals has acquired in Kel-Tech Inc. and X-Chem LLC in the oilfield production chemicals business.
Key Players in the Oxalic acid market:
The companies referred to in the market research report includes industry key players in the Oxalic acid Market. They are Oxaquim S.A., Clariant, UBE Industries, Sigma-Aldrich, Honeywell International Inc., Uranus Chemicals, Indian Oxalate Ltd, Punjab Chemicals and Crop Protection, Radiant Indus Chem, Fengyuan Chemical, Dongfeng Chemical, Shaowu Fine Chemical, Gem Chemical, Longxiang and Taihe Chemical among others.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.