Gypsum Board Market Overview:
Next Generation Construction Commodity-
Gypsum boards, universally known as drywall, wall boards, plasterboard, gyprock or sheet rock are made up of calcined gypsum, water, paper for back and front parts of board, and a few additives. It has established immense scope of employment in the rapidly innovating and robustly growing construction industry. One of the prime aspects for its employment in commercial as well as residential infrastructures is epidemic inclination towards aesthetic appearance, which is a major catch for commercial avenues such as hotels and rental properties. As per the IndustryARC business intelligence report, the global gypsum board market is estimated to be growing at a CAGR of around 6% during the forecast period of 2019-2025 and its global market size was around $22 billion as of 2018.
Gypsum Board Market Outlook:
Rapid Construction at Low Cost-
The future stance of gypsum board market can be determined with the statistic that the hotel industry revenue, alone in the U.S was $208 billion in 2017, outpacing the preceding year by $10 billion. This hospitality sector with a necessity for rapid infrastructural expansion to capitalize on increasing tourism employs gypsums boards owing to the easy installation and informal alterations it delivers along with economic and time efficiency. The market will divert a substantial share of revenue from contemporary plywood, hardboard, and fiberboard segments to its own domain owing to profitable constructive traits such as fire resistance, sound isolation, durability, economical and versatility.
After an acute analysis of the gypsum board regional market aspects, the analyst of this report has evaluated the APAC region to be dominating with more than 35% of the global demand under its territory as of 2018. Such dominance can be attributed to the densely populated economies prevailing in this region such as India and China with a huge chunk of average-income population creating demand for rapid construction of housing at low-cost. Owing to this factor, which can be stated as a global rather than regional phenomenon, residential construction sector is leading the application segment with a CAGR of around 6% going through 2025.
Global Gypsum Board Market Growth Drivers:
Infrastructural construction is not one-time investment, renovation and remodeling tailgate this sector. Thus, the gypsum board market has immense opportunities to capitalize on such resurfacing avenues. Time efficient, economical construction techniques and labor saving replacements are forecast to stroke the gypsum board market with abundant demand and establish it as a contemporary asset in the flourishing construction sector. Demand for better infrastructures at low cost are to support the future endeavors of gypsum board market.
Global Gypsum Board Market Challenges:
Even though the construction of dry wall is an amalgamation of industrial supplies with the working guide line by the modern tools, the most irrepressible inconsistency is delivered from the workers installing the frame to the final finishing. Training, supervision and quality control for the construction works are vital which the designer and the contractor need to correspondingly focus upon.
Global Gypsum Board Market Players Perspective:
Some of the key players profiled in this market research report are Lafarge, Saint-Gobain Gyproc, Global Mining Company LLC, BPB India Gypsum and USG Corporation.
The construction sector relevant to the real-estates, is ahead of the curve in terms of on-field innovations and technologies with gypsum boards being a classic example. The sheer affluence can be estimated by the fact that USG Corporation, a leading player in the industry, made $3.2 billion in 2107 through sales and has more than 1,000 registered trademarks worldwide along with over 2,400 active U.S. and international patents.
Global Gypsum Board Market Trends:
- As per the Indian Population Census data (2011) India is home to 4.5 lakh houseless families. To combat dreadful circumstances Indian Government has proposed a scheme since October 2018. Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) is an initiative in which affordable housing will be provided to the urban poor with a target of building 20 million affordable houses by 31 March 2022. Such initiatives by governments towards economical and affordable housing is all set to stroke the gypsum board market with abundant demand.
- In the recent years, Gypsum Association member companies are producing specialty products for targeting industrial application segment. Some of the products are exterior gypsum sheathing, abuse-resistant and impact-resistant gypsum panels, mold and moisture resistant panels and, gypsum shaftliner. Due to such immense credibility along with easy and fast installation compared to the traditional plasters, gypsum boards are employed globally in various heavy operational facilities.
Global Gypsum Board Market Research Scope:
The base year of the study is 2018, with forecast done up to 2025. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the Global Gypsum Board Market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the types of boards in the Global Gypsum Board Market, and their specific applications in different phases of operations.
Global Gypsum Board Market Report: Industry Coverage
By Type: Gypsum Wall Board, Gypsum Ceiling Board, Decorative Boards
By Installation: Purpose, Methods, Tools
By Application: Residential, Commercial Industrial Buildings
The Global Gypsum Board Market report also analyzes the major geographic regions for the market as well as the major countries for the market in these regions. The regions and countries covered in the study include:
- North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico
- South America: Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica
- Europe: The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark
- APAC: China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong
- Middle East and Africa: Israel, South Africa, Saudi Arabia
Key Questions Addressed in the Global Gypsum Board Market Report
1. Is the market for Gypsum Board growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
2. Which type of paints presents the major growth opportunities?
3. Is there a possibility for change in the market structure over time?
4. Are additional developments needed for the existing product or services offerings or do the existing products meet the customer demands?
5. Do the key vendors look for partnerships to expand their businesses with respect to geography or product?
6. What is the current status of Global Gypsum Board in different countries?
7. Which are the major relevant product segments within Global Gypsum Board?
8. Which type of segment will witness heavy adoption in the near future?
9. What are the short-term, long-term, and medium-term growth drivers for the market?
10. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term challenges for the market?
11. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term opportunities for the market
12. Who are the top players/companies of the market?
13. What are the recent innovations in the market?
14. How many patents have been filed by the leading players?
15. What are the types of patents filed by the leading players?
16. What is the futuristic scenario for the adoption of Global Gypsum Board?
17. What is our Vision 2030 Global Gypsum Board Market?
A few focus points of this Research are given below:
Give a deep-dive analysis of the key operational strategies with focus on the corporate structure, R&D strategies, localization strategies, production capabilities, and sales performance of various companies
Provide an overview of the product portfolio, including product planning, development, and positioning
Discuss the role of technology companies in partnerships
Explore the regional sales activities
Analyze the market size and giving the forecast for current and future gypsum boards during the forecast 2018–2023
Analyze the competitive factors, competitors’ market shares, product capabilities, and supply chain structures
IndustryARC Research Best Practices
The Global Gypsum Board Market size is evaluated based on the number of products per organization type along with the varying price points pertaining to specific applications. These were identified as key informational conjectures for market estimation in 2017/2018.
The Global Gypsum Board Market share is thoroughly checked against all data points that have been incorporated and rechecked against various data sources. Various C-level executives and key opinion leaders are contacted for verification of the data.
The Global Gypsum Board Market forecast and growth rate are achieved by applying the time series forecasting methodology on the various factors. The market forecast and growth rate are further backed with historical trends of the market along with a regressive mathematical model that assesses the value based on factors such as capital expenditure, equipment lifespan, R&D investments, and so on.
The Global Gypsum Board Market demand has been researched taking into account the prominent economies across the different geographic regions to understand their corresponding impact on the market.
The Global Gypsum Board Market drivers are evaluated for short-term, medium-term, and long-term based on the different market dynamics impacting the market.
The Global Gypsum Board Market challenges are evaluated for short-term, medium-term, and long-term based on the different market dynamics impacting the market.
The Global Gypsum Board Market trends have been analyzed taking into consideration the micro and macro trends prevalent in various geographies.
1. Gypsum Board Market - Overview
1.1. Definitions and Scope
2. Gypsum Board Market - Executive summary
2.1. Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3. Gypsum Board Market
3.1. Comparative analysis
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 10 companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 10 companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 10 companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4. Gypsum Board Market – Startup companies Scenario Premium
4.1. Top 10 startup company Analysis by
4.1.3. Market Shares
4.1.4. Market Size and Application Analysis
4.1.5. Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Gypsum Board Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium
5.1. Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2. New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3. Case studies of successful ventures
5.4. Customer Analysis – Top 10 companies
6. Gypsum Board Market Forces
6.4. Porters five force model
6.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
6.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
6.4.3. Threat of new entrants
6.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
6.4.5. Threat of substitutes
7. Gypsum Board Market -Strategic analysis
7.1. Value chain analysis
7.2. Opportunities analysis
7.3. Product life cycle
7.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
8. Gypsum Board Market – By product Type (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
8.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
8.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
8.3. Product Segment Analysis
8.3.1. Gypsum wall Board
126.96.36.199. Perforated Gypsum board
8.3.2. Gypsum Ceiling Board
8.3.3. Decorated Board
8.3.4. Light weight Gypsum board
8.3.5. Fire resistant Gypsum board
9. Gypsum Board Market – By Installation (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
9.1. Purpose of Installation
9.1.1. Fire resistant
9.1.2. Water resistant
9.1.3. Air leak
9.1.5. False ceiling
9.2. Installation methods
9.2.1. Curved surface
9.2.2. Flat installation
9.3. Installing Tools
9.3.2. Starter Stud
10. Gypsum Board Market – Application (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.1. Residential Buildings
10.2. Commercial Buildings
10.3. Industrial Buildings
11. Gypsum Board - By Geography (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.1. Gypsum Board Market - North America Segment Research
11.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
11.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.2.2. Revenue and Trends
11.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
188.8.131.52. Rest of North America
11.3. Gypsum Board - South America Segment Research
11.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.4.2. Revenue and Trends
11.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
184.108.40.206. Costa Rica
220.127.116.11. Rest of South America
11.5. Gypsum Board - Europe Segment Research
11.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.6.2. Revenue and Trends
11.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
18.104.22.168. Rest of Europe
11.7. Gypsum Board – APAC Segment Research
11.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.8.2. Revenue and Trends
11.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.8.5. APAC Segment – Product type and Application Market Size
22.214.171.124. South Korea
12. Gypsum Board Market - Entropy
12.1. New product launches
12.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
13. Gypsum Board Market – Industry / Segment Competition landscape Premium
13.1. Market Share Analysis
13.1.1. Market Share by Country- Top companies
13.1.2. Market Share by Region- Top 10 companies
13.1.3. Market Share by type of Application – Top 10 companies
13.1.4. Market Share by type of Product / Product category- Top 10 companies
13.1.5. Market Share at global level- Top 10 companies
13.1.6. Best Practises for companies
14. Gypsum Board Market – Key Company List by Country Premium
15. Gypsum Board Market Company Analysis
15.1. Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
15.2. USG Corporation
15.3. Vans Gypsum Pvt Ltd
15.4. National Gypsum
15.6. Saint Gobain
15.8. Company 7
15.9. Company 8
15.10. Company 9
15.11. Company 10 and more
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
16. Gypsum Board Market -Appendix
17. Gypsum Board Market -Methodology Premium
17.1. Research Methodology
17.1.1. Company Expert Interviews
17.1.2. Industry Databases
17.1.4. Company News
17.1.5. Company Annual Reports
17.1.6. Application Trends
17.1.7. New Products and Product database
17.1.8. Company Transcripts
17.1.9. R&D Trends
17.1.10. Key Opinion Leaders Interviews
17.1.11. Supply and Demand Trends