Hemostasis is process of blood clotting. Hemostats are surgical agents which regulate the bleeding during surgeries. Blood clotting plays an important role in various surgeries to achieve positive outcomes with the reduction in blood loss. It also helps to shorten the surgery time and reduces the need for blood transfusion. The importance of hemostasis has led to the development of wide variety of surgical agents. These agents vary in their mechanism of action, composition, ease of application and cost. The Europe hemostasis market is believed to grow at a CAGR of 4.4%. The hemostat market share of Germany has been estimated to be greater than 20% in 2017.
What is a Hemostat?
Hemostat is a surgical tool which is used to control bleeding. Hemostats can be used for oozing venous type bleeds, bone bleeding, needle-hole bleeding and surgical bleeding. There are numerous advantages of using hemostat such as reduction in the number of complication caused due to profuse bleeding, decreased operative time and less exposure to infections.
A wide variety of hemostats are produced which contain active biological compounds such as collagen, gelatin, cellulose and polysaccharide. The hemostats are further divided into mechanical, active, flowable and active sealant. The benefits and risks of use of these agents versus conventional treatment need to be considered on a case-by-case basis by the surgeon.
This report incorporates an in-depth assessment of hemostat market in Europe by type, treatment and end user industries geography.
What are the major applications of Hemostat?
Hemostatic agents can play a key role in establishing hemostasis in pre-hospital situations and preventing hemorrhage-associated death. Hemostats are widely used in hospitals, surgery centers and nursing stations. It is widely used in various surgeries such as cardiac surgery, neurosurgery and so on. For example, as a hemostatic agent on anastomoses in aortic valve surgery, particularly in the presence of calcific or atheromatous aortas. However, the new inventions and technological developments have led to the discovery of various topical hemostats which are available in a powder or gel form that can be applied on the affected area without any pain. It has been found that hemostatic agents are used in military and civilian sectors.
Market Research and Market Trends in European Hemostat Market:
- RevMedx recently requested FDA to approve a pocket-size invention named ‘XSat’, a modified syringe that injects specially coated sponges into wounds. The sponge material has to be sterile and biocompatible and is coated with chitosan which prevents excess blood flow.
- A number of biologists are working on to develop a new hemostatic device for endoscopic surgery that can control the bleeding without completely occluding the bleeding vessel but this study is still in its infant stage.
- Hemodilution, an old method to prevent the loss of RBC during large surgeries is widely used even today. In this technique, a specific amount of blood is removed during the surgery and replaced with intravenous fluid and then returned after surgery.
- Scientists from MIT and Hong Kong have discovered the use of nanotechnology to prevent the blood loss during surgeries. They have discovered that the use of some simple liquid containing polypeptides forms a nanoscale protective layers and seals the wound which pauses bleeding.
- PerClot is the latest development in hemostatic technology representing the next generation in hemostats. It is made of a plant based material which is completely safe and will not cause any hypersensitive reactions.
Who are the Major Players in European Hemostat market?
The major players in this market include Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc. (U.S.). C. R. Bard, Inc. (U.S.), Baxter (U.S.), B Braun Melsungen AG (Germany), Pfizer Inc. (U.S.), Vascular Solutions, Inc. (U.S.), Gelita Medical GmbH (Germany), Equimedical (Netherlands), Integra Lifesciences Holdings Corporation (U.S.), Z-Medica, LLC (U.S.), and Marine Polymer Technologies, Inc. (U.S.).
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis so on to gauge the impact forces potential opportunities the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present its impact during the forecast period 2018-2024.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase each report and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications by different industry verticals.
- Underst the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT more.
- Analyze the sales distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Underst the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-dem gaps, import-export statistics regulatory lscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.