Airport Security Market Overview:
As per the statistics released by The International Air Transport Association (IATA), the number of air passengers in 2017 reached 4.1 billion, supported by improvements in global economic landscape. With a huge chunk of global population emerging as air-travelers, demand for safety and security from the aviation sector is propelling the airport security market globally. Several factors such as the infamous '9/11 attack', globalization, recurring incidence of smuggling, and surging number of air-travelers has augmented the global airport security market size to reach $8.15 billion in 2018. Primarily driven by the rise in the number of airport development and upgrade projects, the airport security market is estimated to register a CAGR of 9.30% during the forecast period 2019-2025. For example, China is constructing 8 new airports every year with a target to build 216 new airports by 2035. 
Airport Security Market Outlook:
Metal detectors, millimeter wave scanners, explosive detection machines, X-ray machines, and explosives trace-detection portal machines are the core constituents employed in airport security assessments. Technology assisting the surveillance systems are blooming as surveillance is the fastest growing airport security measure. The segment is poised to grow at a CAGR of 12.62% through 2025.
Even though APAC has the largest number of air-travelers, with 36.3% of the global share, North America leads the global airport security market in terms of demand. This is attributable to the U.S. holding the largest number of airports globally. With the number of airports exceeding 13,513 in the U.S., the demand for aviation security is witnessing an upsurge. North America accounted for 27.75% of the global airport security market share in 2018. Apart from extensive security measures taken after the infamous 9/11 incident, other factors influencing the airport security market in North America includes the robust economy in the U.S. and the global surge of industrial output that has intensified inbound air cargo volume in the past few years. Significant air cargo hubs, such as Chicago – O’Hare (ORD), experienced growth of 12.6% in cargo traffic in 2017.
Airport Security Market Growth Drivers:
· The foremost growth driver of the global airport security market is the increasing number of airports globally. Major economies such as the U.S., China and India are constantly upgrading their existing fleet as well as investing in novel infrastructure.
· The global airport security market evolved after the infamous 9/11 attack. Shortly after the terrorist attack, federal administrations globally enforced intense security measures and increased federal interference augmenting the airport security market in an unprecedented way. For instance, U.S., soon after the attack, approved the Aviation and Transportation Security Act (PDF), which created the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and mandated that federal employees be in charge of airport security screening. Hence, the threat of terror is driving the market.
· Air cargo due to reliable factors such as strengthening of global trade and e-commerce is witnessing a revival across many of the world’s airports. As indicated by the Airports Council International, air cargo volumes at the 20 busiest airports increased by 6.8% in 2017. Guided by various trade bodies, inspection of these goods are mandatory; hence, such voluminous operations are driving the global airport security growth.
Airport Security Market Trends:
· In 2017, US carriers such as Delta and JetBlue along with government agencies invested in trials of fingerprint and facial recognition technology for an enabled self-boarding process. For example, Heathrow airport mounted 36 bio-metric-enabled self-service boarding gates in their terminals. Hence, the global bio-metrics market is displaying all the requisites to disrupt the airport security market.
· Artificial intelligence amalgamated with robotics is a major trend disrupting the market. Major tasks of these robots involve detecting potential security risks and transporting luggage. Haneda Airport before the start of the Tokyo Olympics in 2020 has a target of implementing a fleet of robots for security, logistics and translation operations.
Airport Security Market Players Perspective:
Some of the key players operating in the global airport security market are American Science and Engineering, Inc, Autoclear LLC, C.E.I.A. SpA, FLIR Systems, Inc, L3 Security & Detection Systems, OSI Systems, Inc, Robert Bosch LLC, Siemens AG, Smiths Detection LLC, and Westminster Aviation Security Services Ltd.
Airport Security Market Research Scope:
The base year of the study is 2018, with forecast done up to 2025. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the Airport Security Market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the various trends in the global Airport Security Market, and their specific advantages to the market.
The Airport Security Market report also analyzes the major geographic regions for the market as well as the major countries for the market in these regions. The regions and countries covered in the study include:
• North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico
• South America: Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica
• Europe: The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark
• APAC: China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong
• Middle East and Africa: Israel, South Africa, Saudi Arabia
Key Questions Addressed in the Airport Security Market Report
1. Is the market for Airport security growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
2. Which type of segment presents the major growth opportunities?
3. Is there a possibility for change in the market structure over time?
4. Are additional developments needed for the existing product or services offerings or do the existing products meet the customer demands?
5. Do the key vendors look for partnerships to expand their businesses with respect to geography or product?
6. What are the short-term, long-term, and medium-term growth drivers for the market?
7. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term challenges for the market?
8. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term opportunities for the market
9. Who are the top players/companies of the market?
10. What are the recent innovations in the market?
11. How many patents have been filed by the leading players?
12. What are the types of patents filed by the leading players?
13. What is our Vision 2030 for the Airport Security Market?
A few focus points of this Research are given below:
• Give a deep-dive analysis of the key operational strategies with focus on the corporate structure, R&D strategies, localization strategies, production capabilities, and sales performance of various companies
• Provide an overview of the product portfolio, including product planning, development, and positioning
• Discuss the role of technology companies in partnerships
• Explore the regional sales activities
• Analyze the market size and giving the forecast for current and future Airport Security Market during the forecast 2019–2025