3D Printing in Construction has taken the world by storm. Daily there is a growth in the number of design companies around the world. Designers are needed to view and visualize the object in 3D. Construction is well-suited to 3D printing as much of the information necessary to create an item will exist as a result of the design process, and the industry is already experienced in computer aided manufacturing. The recent emergence of building information modelling (BIM) in particular may facilitate greater use of 3D printing.
The current business environment has become highly competitive as the leading industries are challenged by the demand for quality, safety, productivity and environmental protection. Construction 3D printing may allow faster and more accurate construction of complex or bespoke items as well as lowering labor costs and producing less waste. It might also enable construction to be undertaken in harsh or dangerous environments not suitable for a human workforce such as in space.
The market for 3D printing in Construction was $129.95 million in 2017 and is anticipated to see an upsurge during the forecast period. The market is forecast to reach $314 million by 2023 growing at a CAGR of 15.9% during 2017 to 2021. Rising demand for commercial buildings is propelling the growth of 3D printing in constructions in various geographies. In 2017, APAC is the prominent region for 3D printing in construction and is estimated to grow with CAGR of 16.1% during the forecast period. The growth in APAC is attributed to the increasing 3D printing usage as well as residential building needs, especially in China.
What is 3D Printing In Construction?
3D printing is a manufacturing process that can be used to create physical objects based on digital designs. This is done by using an additive process in which an object is created by a physical machine that prints layer after layer of material until the object is completed.
3D printing in construction (c3Dp) is also referred to as contour crafting or building printing and it is expected to be the future of construction in very near future. There are lower labor costs involved, construction can be done quicker and there is less to no waste produced. The wasted raw material from printing such as concrete waste and failed prints occur frequently and can be reused.
The printing of buildings offers a lot of potential advantages as compared to conventional construction methods. The use of 3D printing in Construction reduces risk that human labor face while working at construction sites, it also minimizes their hard-work. The shapes and structures that are desired by the engineers as per the requirement of the construction sites can be printed with high precision, thus it makes the implementation of the construction plans and models simpler.
What are the major applications for 3D Printing In Construction?
In the construction industry, 3D printing can be used to create construction components or to 'print' entire buildings. The 3D printing techniques are being fore seen as a solution for solving the housing crisis across various parts of the world. The printing machines that use conventional energy sources such as wind or solar have been developed for assisting the implementation of technology even in those areas which are deprived of electricity. The structures are environment friendly. These techniques are preferred to be used for the construction of structures on extraterrestrial surfaces such as Lunar, Mars or other planets where environmental conditions are difficult to be worked by to human labor.
Already 3D printing techniques are being used for creating functional models of the projects which demonstrate the actual construction site and also for making specialized tools for use at work-sites. The construction material is sometimes being molded via 3D techniques for various reasons that include the desired characteristics by engineers such as shape, size, strength of material/structure, design, and so on. They are used in order to assist the construction designs by using computerized methods for prefabrication, prototyping as well as building purposes.
Market Research and Market Trends of 3D Printing In Construction Ecosystem
- Companies are investing in 3D technologies for printing in construction sector due to reasons such as their cost effectiveness, less time in construction, reduced human effort and errors due to human intervention in construction sites are also being continuously minimized with the growing influence of CAD (computer aided design).The construction sector is all set to provide the infrastructure requirement to modern individuals.
- By using C-Fab technology non-load-bearing interior partitions, furniture and exhibition structures are created. The owners and inhabitants aim to build home spaces that encourage their physical connection with nature. Mesh Mould, is also a trending technology which showcased the potential of interweaving functional and aesthetic qualities into a structure. These techniques are solving the sustainability issues moreover provide strength to 3D structures.
- There are designs which are specifically being tested for disaster prone areas. Special robots are being used for 3D printing Cazza’s X1 3D is a machine which promises best for disaster zones. These facilities will surely assist rehabilitation organizations in the times of emergencies, such structures are being designed which can withstand severe earthquakes, tornados, etc. so that people in vulnerable areas are provided with these facilities.
- 3D printed construction technologies could also be used by humanity to explore space. NASA launched the 3D Printed Habitat Challenge for examining technologies possible for building homes in space, such as on the Moon or on Mars. Although ambitious, it is too early to tell if 3D printing is a suitable solution for this purpose but possibly it is. However, 3D printing in construction is to become a very real global force.
- 3D printing techniques are being used in defence, aerospace, automobile, mechanical, health, and many more sectors with the specified printing material types as required by the application, along with being implied in construction sector. The advanced materials researched in laboratories are being combined with the edging printing technology and advanced computer algorithms has made 3D technology very affordable this indicates how the 3D printing has become a breakthrough technology.
Who are the Major Players in 3D Printing In Construction market?
The players profiled in the report include Zhuoda Group, WinSun, Cazza construction Company,
Belatchew Arkitekter, Apis Cor
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2024.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.