Architectural Coatings are made up of different solvents and are available in various types. The total market of Architectural Coatings is expected to grow at a CAGR of about 6% during the forecast period i.e. 2018-2023, the forecast period. Owing to its increased durability, temperature resistance, Corrosion resistance and less fire hazard risks. It is being used in various residential and commercial sectors. In 2017, Asia-Pacific comprised of the highest market share.
What are Architectural Coatings?
Architectural coatings are those which include paints, sealers, and specialty coatings for building and construction. They are designed to provide a protective and decorative layer on the surface of an architectural fixture in both indoor and outdoor applications. Most of the coatings are applied to surfaces using sprayers, rollers and brushes. Powder particles or liquid film coatings are converted into solid film coatings through film drying, curing or forming processes like cross-linking evaporation, coalescence or fusion bonding.
If coatings are to expose to an area containing high moisture, architectural coatings will withstand to high moisture level by maintaining substrate adhesion and will have high stain resistance and scrubbing. Architectural coatings which are applied on the exterior parts of structures will withstand to climate changes including freeze, thaw cycles and to rain.
This report incorporates an in-depth assessment of architectural coatings market by materials, type, applications and geography.
What are the major applications of Architectural Coatings?
Architectural Coatings possess a number of advantages such as temperature sensitivity, contamination, and chemical compatibility. Hence, they are widely used in commercial, industrial, residential and areas. Architectural Coatings are usually designed or specified for a certain type of building surface or structure which include basements, bridges, walls, pavements, ceilings, decks, floors, foundations, roofs, tunnels, walkways.
Market Research and Market Trends of Architectural Coating:
- With the increase in the awareness regarding coatings with less volatile organic compounds and implementation of safety regulations, increase in residential maintenance activities which usually involve recoating the existing structures, the growth of the architectural coating is significant.
- The reason for the demand for architectural coatings in the market is because of the rising requirement for new buildings in the non-residential sector and renovation activities across the globe. With the increase of need for sustainable products in interior applications and the increased demand for low-odor and higher durability coatings is boosting the demand for architectural coatings with low Volatile Organic Compounds emissions.
- With the advent of biotechnology, the architectural coatings industries led to the emergence of new innovation called “Smart” surfaces that are capable of automatically recognizing the environment and reacting to it. Those which currently introduced are functional additives which are naturally occurring additives and are designed to provide intelligence to coatings. Some of the intelligence they provide are self-healing, detoxification, self-degreasing surfaces and nerve agent neutralizer.
- January of 2018: During the first quarter of 2018, RPM International Inc. has acquired Key Resin Company (KRC), a leading producer of polymer floorings and coatings.
- June 2017: The Sherwin-Williams Company had completed the acquisition of The Valspar and became a global leader in the paints & coatings industry.
- April of 2017: The Asian Paints subsidiary, Berger International had acquired Causeway Paints Lanka Pvt. Ltd in Sri Lanka.
Who are the Major Players in Architectural Coatings market?
The companies referred to in the market research report includes Key industry players in the Architectural Coatings market. They are BASF Coatings GmbH (Germany), PPG Industries Inc. (the U.S.), AkzoNobel N.V. (the Netherlands), Kelly-Moore Paint Company, Inc. (the U.S.), The Sherwin-William Company (the U.S.), The Valspar Corporation (the U.S.), Nippon Paint Co Ltd (Japan), RPM International Inc. (the U.S.), Kansai Paint Co., Ltd (Japan) and Asian Paints Ltd (India) among others.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
1. Architectural Coatings Market - Overview
1.1. Definitions and Scope
2. Architectural Coatings Market - Executive summary
2.1. Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3. Architectural Coatings Market
3.1. Comparative analysis
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 10 companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 10 companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 10 companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4. Architectural Coatings Market – Startup companies Scenario Premium
4.1. Top 10 startup company Analysis by
4.1.3. Market Shares
4.1.4. Market Size and Application Analysis
4.1.5. Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Architectural Coatings Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium
5.1. Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2. New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3. Case studies of successful ventures
5.4. Customer Analysis – Top 10 companies
6. Architectural Coatings Market Forces
6.4. Porters five force model
6.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
6.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
6.4.3. Threat of new entrants
6.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
6.4.5. Threat of substitutes
7. Architectural Coatings Market - Strategic analysis
7.1. Value chain analysis
7.2. Opportunities analysis
7.3. Product life cycle
7.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
8. Architectural Coatings Market – By Function (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
8.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
8.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
8.3. Product Segment Analysis
8.3.5. Powder coatings
9. Architectural Coatings Market – By Resin Type (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10. Architectural Coatings Market – By Technology (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.1. Water Based
10.2. Solvent Based
11. Architectural Coatings – By End-Use Industry(Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.1. Segment type Size and Market Share Analysis
11.2. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.3. Application Segment Analysis by Type
12. Architectural Coatings - By Geography (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.1. Architectural Coatings Market - North America Segment Research
12.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
12.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.2.2. Revenue and Trends
12.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
22.214.171.124. Rest of North America
12.3. Architectural Coatings - South America Segment Research
12.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.4.2. Revenue and Trends
12.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
126.96.36.199. Costa Rica
188.8.131.52. Rest of South America
12.5. Architectural Coatings - Europe Segment Research
12.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.6.2. Revenue and Trends
12.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
184.108.40.206. Rest of Europe
12.7. Architectural Coatings – APAC Segment Research
12.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.8.2. Revenue and Trends
12.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.8.5. APAC Segment – Product type and Application Market Size
220.127.116.11. South Korea
13. Architectural Coatings Market - Entropy
13.1. New product launches
13.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
14. Architectural Coatings Market – Industry / Segment Competition landscape Premium
14.1. Market Share Analysis
14.1.1. Market Share by Country- Top companies
14.1.2. Market Share by Region- Top 10 companies
14.1.3. Market Share by type of Application – Top 10 companies
14.1.4. Market Share by type of Product / Product category- Top 10 companies
14.1.5. Market Share at global level- Top 10 companies
14.1.6. Best Practises for companies
15. Architectural Coatings Market – Key Company List by Country Premium
16. Architectural Coatings Market Company Analysis
16.1. Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
16.2. PPG Industries Inc. ( U.S.)
16.3. AkzoNobel N.V. (the Netherlands)
16.4. Kelly-Moore Paint Company, Inc. ( U.S.)
16.5. The Sherwin-William Company ( U.S.)
16.6. The Valspar Corporation ( U.S.)
16.7. Nippon Paint Co Ltd (Japan)
16.8. RPM International Inc. ( U.S.)
16.9. Kansai Paint Co., Ltd (Japan)
16.10. Asian Paints Ltd (India)
16.11. BASF Coatings GmbH (Germany)
16.12. Company 11
16.13. Company 12
16.14. Company 13 and more
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
17. Architectural Coatings Market - Appendix
18. Architectural Coatings Market - Methodology
18.1. Research Methodology
18.1.1. Company Expert Interviews
18.1.2. Industry Databases
18.1.4. Company News
18.1.5. Company Annual Reports
18.1.6. Application Trends
18.1.7. New Products and Product database
18.1.8. Company Transcripts
18.1.9. R&D Trends
18.1.10. Key Opinion Leaders Interviews
18.1.11. Supply and Demand Trends