The report predicts the North American Industrial Automated Position sensor market to grow with a CAGR 5.9% of over the period of 2017 - 2023. It claimed a revenue of $588.95 billion in 2017 is anticipated to grow in 2023. Capacitive Position sensor holds the revenue of $88.15 billion and by sensing type Non-Contact category holds the revenue of $173.13.billion in the year 2017
What is Position Sensors?
Position Sensor is a device which is broadly used in industrial application for measuring and analyzing the position or movement of a body or any material, from its starting position with respect to its reference position. The measurement includes both linear and angular with respect to its arbitrary reference or any fixed point. Both the presence and absence of the material can also be detected by its sensing principles.
What are the major applications of Position Sensors?
Position sensors are used purposely for linear positioning of material have to be placed exactly at the right position. These position sensors gives assurance of reliable operation in different area of material handling and automation, including the field of Industry and research.
In Medical Industry, MRI and CT scan machines, and X-Ray machines are all function on position sensors to keep the patient and the image processing at the right spot. Hospitals are also uses position sensors to frame the linear and angular position of the bed according to the patient’s body condition.
In Manufacturing Industry, position sensors are used to place the hard core material for edging and cutting it in the right angle or based on the industrial requirement. These sensors works on its own sensing principle to handle the positioning of material.
Market Research and Market Trends of Position Sensors
- Industry’s First Bluetooth Low Energy Module with integrated MEMS Motion and Environmental Sensors
- BlueMod+S42M is a homogenized sensor device developed for low-cost and high distribution. This sensor has been developed with pre-installed 3-axis accelerometer, humidity and temperature sensors. The low-cost module developed for large scale projects to be perfect in device design in industrial and manufacturing area. This sensor is highly required for breakable asset tracking, temperature and time sensitive applications in agriculture and pharmaceuticals industries.
- ABB Ability Smart Sensor now available for European Market
- This smart sensor offers a remote condition monitoring solution which gives the user to examine the condition of their LV Motors through an exclusive web-portal or their smartphones. This smartphone sized compact sensor can be integrated to motors functioning in many manufacturing areas to fetch operational data. These operational and performance data will be sent to the cloud and processed to get useful insights about the condition of the motor.
- Encoder Blue – a reflexive position sensor
- EncoderBlue is an innovative optical or reflexive position sensor relay the performance and operational data of robots, power trains and machine tools. This sensor is combined of “lens-free”, “reflexive” and “blue” gives significant and innovative influence for encoder and drives market as a smart sensor in areas of automation and industry 4.0
Who are the Major Players in market?
The Key players in Industrial Automation Position sensor Market are Sensata Technologies, Inc., Honeywell International, Inc., Sick AG, Heidenhain Corporation, Ametek Inc., Balluff Inc., Emerson Electric Co., Hans TURCK GmbH & Co. KG., TE Connectivity Ltd., MTS System Corporation and other 10 companies are also included in the report.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2017-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
1.North American Industrial Automation Position Sensor Market Overview
3.North American Industrial Automation Position Sensor Market Landscape
3.1.Market Share Analysis
3.2.2.End User profiling
3.2.3.Top 5 Financials Analysis
4.North American Industrial Automation Position Sensor Market Forces
4.4.Attractiveness of the North American Industrial Automation Position Sensor Industry
4.4.1.Power of Suppliers
4.4.2.Power of Customers
4.4.3.Threat of New entrants
4.4.4.Threat of Substitution
4.4.5.Degree of Competition
5.North American Industrial Automation Position Sensor Market – Strategic Analysis
5.1.North American Industrial Automation Position Sensor Market - Value Chain Analysis
5.3.Product/Market Life Cycle Analysis
5.4.Suppliers and Distributors
6.North American Industrial Automation Position Sensor Market – By Type
7.North American Industrial Automation Position Sensor Market – By Specification
8.North American Industrial Automation Position Sensor Market - By Output
9.North American Industrial Automation Position Sensor Market - By Application
10.North American Industrial Automation Position Sensor Market - By Sensing Principle
10.1.Potentiometric Position Sensors
10.2.Capacitive Position Sensors
10.3.Linear Voltage Differential Transformer
10.4.Magnetostrictive Linear Position Sensor
10.5.Eddy Current based Position Sensor
10.6.Hall Effect based Magnetic Position Sensor
10.7.Fiber-Optic Position Sensor
10.8.Optical Position Sensor
11.North American Industrial Automation Position Sensor Market - By End User
11.7.Oil & Gas
12.North American Industrial Automation Position Sensor Market - By Geography
13.1.New Product Launches
13.2.M&As, Collaborations, JVs, Partnership
14.Company Profiles (Overview, Financials, SWOT Analysis, Developments, Product Portfolio)
14.2.Honeywell International, Inc.
14.7.Emerson Electric Co
14.8.Hans TURCK GmbH & Co. KG.
14.9.TE Connectivity Ltd.
14.10.MTS System Corporation
*More than 10 Companies are profiled in this Research Report*
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
15.5.Compilation of Expert Insights