TDLAS Gas Analyzer Market size is expected to reach $735.8 million by 2025 at a CAGR of 7.59% during the forecast period 2020-2025. The TDLAS gas analyzer is mainly operated by gauging to measure gas through light absorption and these gas analyzers are extensively used in measuring the concentration of gases such as methane, water vapor and so on in a gaseous mixture. The increasing demand for measuring harmful gases owing to emission and growing concerns w.r.t. the effects of gases which are hazardous in the mines and oil and gas fields are expected to drive the market growth. Moreover, the increasing demand for SCR technology with DeNOX (Denitrification) systems for environmental safety purpose will drive the adoption of TDLAs. Furthermore, the increasing need for an upgraded solution for emission analysis, moisture analyzer, oxygen analyzer, residual gas analyzer, monitoring and carbonization in oil & gas, metal and cement industry is expected to propel the growth of TDLS gas analyzer market. According to the report given by International Energy Agency (IEA) that the CO2 emissions grew by 1.7% in 2018 and is expected to rise continuously owing to increasing industrialization, which will augment the growth of TDLAS gas analyzer market size in the forecast period 2020-2025.
The report: “TDLAS Gas Analyzer Market Report – Forecast (2019-2025)”, by IndustryARC covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the TDLAS Gas Analyzer Market.
- The R&D expenditure for product differentiation and enhancement of quality that is stepped by major players is achieving significant industry domination. Moreover, the strategic initiatives such as acquisitions, merger, and partnerships in order to facilitate the easy entry into the industry along with the regional expansion is analyzed to show a positive impact on the market.
- The stringent norms and regulation led by government for industrial emission and increasing demand for emission analysis and monitoring solution are expected to drive the growth of TDLAS gas analyzer market during the forecast period 2020-2025. Since the industrial emissions are hard-to-cut, and it has been analyzed by a published paper of American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), approx 27 per cent of global CO2 emissions from fossil fuels and industrial sources, which is not favourable to the environment. Hence, the increasing use of TDLAS in the industrial machinery could help to reduce a significant amount of emission, thus, expected to drive the growth of the market.
- The in-situ measurement-type TDLAs is calculated to hold major market share owing to its technical specification such as precise result for the measurement of the gaseous mixture and so on. Moreover, this device has the ability to remove the conventional sample extraction and conditioning owing to its long extraction time, and labor-intensive procedures and/or poor reproducibility.
- APAC dominated the TDLAS gas analyzer market share owing to the increasing industrialization. Other growing factors of TDLAS gas analyzer in the APAC region include healthcare industry application.
- TDLAS Gas Analyzer top 10 companies include ABB Group, Endress+Hauser AG, Emerson Electric Co., General Electric, Teledyne, Michell Instruments, Ametek Inc., Yokogawa Electric Corporation, Campbell Scientific, Inc.
Type - Segment Analysis
The capability of TDLAS to detect and measure gas concentration even at very low concentration levels is gaining traction in the market. The in-situ enabled TDLAs to provide precise information about the chemical composition of a gaseous mixture by putting it directly in contact with the subject material. Furthermore, such in-situ TDLAs provide a precise and accurate result, thus, have eradicated the requirement of the conventional sample extraction and conditioning. The in-situ type accounted for over 63.5% of the overall industry and is expected to remain the dominant segment over the forecast period 2019-2025. Other types of TDLAS analyzer such as extractive, it involves the extraction of sample stream from the process and transfers it to a conditioning system before the measurement and analysis of the sample. There are very few cases where the sample was taken cannot be moved directly to an analyzer. It requires conditioning that may change the properties of the sample thus leads to errors. Such a lack of accuracy in measurement associated with extractive methods is increasing the adoption of the in-situ measurement method. Hence, it holds a major share in the market.
End-User Industry - Segment Analysis
TDLAS Gas Analyzer in healthcare industry application is estimated to grow at the fastest CAGR of over 9.46% over the forecast period. The TDLAS gas analyzer are extensively bring used for accurate and rapid sample gas analysis, thus drivig the demand across the indust. High precision and low range measurement achieved by TDLAS gas analyzer are the major drivers boosting the TDLAS gas analyzer industry growth in the healthcare sector. During metabolic monitoring and disease diagnosis, detection, and analysis of the volatile compounds in exhaled breaths of patients are the primary aspects. Tunable diode laser absorption spectroscopy offers better sensitivity and precision compared to its peers. For instance, compared to traditional electrochemical CO sensors which are used to assess smoking status, TDLAS-based CO detection provides affordable solutions at better time resolution with high selectivity and sensitivity, thereby a better choice to study CO physiology. Besides, TDLAS gas analyzer is well-suited for targeted detection in breath tests applications of clinical and dental analysis. With these expediting advantages, the TDLAS gas analyzer market is proliferating in the healthcare industry.
Geography - Segment Analysis
Asia-Pacific Dominated TDLAS gas analyzer market share with more than 37.85% owing to the increasing industrialization. The major industries such as metal & mining, cement, power, chemical & pharmaceutical, and so on provide a base for the installation of TDLA; which would foster the growth of TDLA in this region. On the other hand, developing economies such as India and China are anticipated to see the growth in various industries such as pulp & paper, power generation, and metal & mining, which provides the base for the installation of TDLAs over the traditional analyzing devices. Recently, based on the estimation of the Institute of Energy Economics and Financial Analysis (IEEFA), India is looking at $500 billion investment in renewable energy generation by 2028 in addition to $250 billion investment in grid expansion and modernization. Hence, the above estimation is analyzed to show a positive impact of TDLAS gas analyzer market.
Drivers – TDLAS Gas Analyzer Market
Stringent norms and regulation led by a government for industrial emission to reduce the rate of pollution is analyzed to drive the market growth
The advanced manufacturing industries and refineries have played a vital role in driving the world economy. These industries are accounting for a considerable share of the overall pollution due to their emissions of air pollutants, discharges of wastewater and the generation of waste. In November 2018, the U.S, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) finalizes amendments to the refinery emissions control requirements and aimed to clarify the rules’ requirements and make technical corrections and revisions to requirements for work practice standards. Several initiatives such as above taken by the government is likely to bring opportunities to the TDLAS gas analyzer, which in turn, is going to augment market revenue.
Increased demand for emission analysis solution, monitoring and carbonization process in the industry such as power, oil & gas, metal and cement
The industrial sector all around the globe is growing significantly but on the other hand, they are becoming a hassle to the environment as well. These industries are using a huge amount of fuel, and in turn, emit hazardous substances and excessive smoke to the environment. The TDLAS gas analyzers will help the industries such as oil and gas, power generation sector to analyze the emission and provide real-time monitoring of emission, which will cut the rate of emission from the environment. This advantage will be led to the growth of the TDLAS gas analyzer market. Moreover, it has been analyzed by the data of the International Energy Agency (IEA), the global carbon dioxide emissions rose 1.6% in 2017 and will rise again in the coming year. This is likely to show an unfavorable impact on the environment, which will increase the demand for TDLAS gas analyzer market.
Challenges – Diesel Generator Market
low price competitive gas analyzing technologies may hamper its growth prospects
The low cost of gas analyzer such as infrared gas analyzers, and thermal & evolved gas analyzers are being challenged to the market owing to not being technical awareness of these devices. Such gas analyzers convert the simple measurement to the complex one and also increase the cost of measurement comparatively others. Apart from that, if the cost comes in the picture, relatively these device has lower price compare to TDLAS gas analyzers but as mentioned results above, TDLAS is much better. However, ongoing R&D, as well as increasing awareness of end-users towards TDLAS analyzers will help to grow the market exponentially.
Partnerships and acquisitions are key strategies adopted by players in the TDLAS Gas Analyzer market. In 2019, TDLAS Gas Analyzer Industry outlook has been consolidated by top 5 companies. TDLAS Gas Analyzer top 10 companies include ABB Group, Endress+Hauser AG, Emerson Electric Co., General Electric, Teledyne, Michell Instruments, Ametek Inc., Yokogawa Electric Corporation, Campbell Scientific, Inc. and so on.
- In October 2017, Nederman a leading solution provider for harmful effects of industrial processes, has acquired NEO Monitors AS. NEO Monitors AS is a Norway based provider of innovative laser-based gas and dust analyzers for industrial use. This acquisition helped to bring pioneer laser-based solutions for measuring gases and dust across all industries.
- In May 2019, Gasmet Technologies, a gas analyzer and emissions monitoring system manufacturer, acquired Monitoring Systems GmbH, based in Austria. This Acquisition further strengthens Gasmet’s global position as one of the leading gas monitoring equipment providers.
- In 2018, AMETEK Process Instruments launched the Model 5100P as part of expanding its product line of 5100 series gas analyzers used as simple moisture analyzer and for monitoring applications such as H2O in fuel lines, processing, and natural gas pipelines.