Europe Dairy Protein Market - Forecast(2023 - 2028)
Europe Dairy Protein Market Overview
Europe Dairy Protein Market size is forecast to reach $9.37billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 6.20% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Growing young age population, increasing public awareness about health and proper diet, and different product launches by key players are the major factors driving the growth of the market. Shifting lifestyle of the masses towards healthier diet and recent product launches by key players like Volac is set to further enhance the overall market demand of Dairy Protein during the forecast period 2020-2025.
- U.K. dominated the Europe Dairy Protein Market in 2019 owing to growing life standards, increasing demand for healthier diet and new startups in various regions of Europe. The Europe Dairy Protein Market scope for different countries will be provided in the final report.
- The growing population, higher income levels, and rising health consciousness is likely to aid in the market growth of Europe Dairy Protein Industry.
- Detailed analysis on the Strength, Weakness and opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Europe Dairy Protein Market report.
- Launch of substitutes of Dairy Protein and shifting consumer preferences of the masses is poised to create hurdles for the Europe Dairy Protein Market.
Type - Segment Analysis
Whey Protein Concentrates segment held the largest share in the Europe Dairy Protein Market in 2019 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 8.71% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Increasing choice of whey protein products and its related nutritional products for infants’ diet drives the segment growth. Lactoferrin, an iron-binding protein is largely required for infants, which is provided by the dairy products. Milk Protein Concentrates (MPCs) held the second largest share in the market, owing to the increasing milk production and the launch of related products. However, it is estimated that Whey Protein Concentrates continue to be the fastest growing segment and is set to register a highest CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025, owing to increasing dispensable income of the masses and health awareness in the developing countries around the world. Along with concentrates, whey protein isolates are increasingly becoming popular in recent years.
Form - Segment Analysis
Powder form holds major share in the Europe Dairy Protein Market in 2019. Better nutritional capabilities and easier storage facilities are attributed to the market growth of this segment. Growing consumer awareness about the usage and benefits offered by milk powder is projected to drive the market growth of the segment. Liquid Milk is projected to witness steady growth in the forecast period 2020-2025, owing to growing consumer base and public awareness about the advantages of milk in natural form.
Application - Segment Analysis
Sports Nutrition segment holds major share in the Europe Dairy Protein Market in 2019. This is owing to the growing craze for sports among people of all ages and gender. State funded efforts to fight malnutrition are projected to drive the market growth of the segment. Bakery and Confectionary segment have the second highest share in the market, owing to changing food tastes and demand for dairy products in baked form. Frozen & Dairy Products are forecast to grow at the highest rate of CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025, owing to development of various dairy products using dairy protein by key market players.
Geography - Segment Analysis
U.K. dominated the Europe Dairy Protein Market in 2019 with a share of more than 34.2%, followed by Germany. Higher demand for nutrition-based products, increasing consumer base for sports nutritional diet and growing number of infants and young age people are the factors that has led to the market growth in this region. Increasing government welfare programs for the development of nutritional food and products care sector has boosted the growth of the market in this region.
However, Netherlands is estimated to grow at a higher CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025. This is owing to the increasing number of consumers of high protein powders, amino acid products, high protein ready-to-drink beverages, and high protein bars into their meals, in addition to growing sectors for technological developments of Europe Dairy Protein Market.
Drivers – Europe Dairy Protein Market
- Shifting consumer preferences towards dairy products
There is a gradual shift in health awareness among the people. With the gradual shift of people’s attention towards a better body, and a healthier lifestyle, the consumer base for dairy products is also increasing, which in turn is increasing the demand of the dairy protein. For example, Skimmed milk is very popular in Britain. Also, various probiotics, like Kefir probiotics, is preferred in Europe.
- Growing need for supplement diet
According to European Commission, proportion of overweight adults in the EU varied in 2014 between 36 % in Italy and 55 % in Malta for women, and between 54 % in the Netherlands and 68 % in Croatia for men. A supplement dairy protein diet supplies the body with sufficient nutrients to carry out routine tasks. In addition, craze for sports among the young age people is a driving factor. Homogenized milk is being preferred for getting milk with adequate proteins.
Challenges – Europe Dairy Protein Market
- Fierce competition from plant proteins
The Europe Dairy Protein Industry faces fierce competition from plant proteins in Europe, which has resulted a decrease in introductions with dairy proteins over the past years. As a result of demand for vegetarian products and growing environmental concerns, there is a change in the consumer preference for plant proteins in place of dairy proteins.
Dairy Protein Industry Outlook
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the Europe Dairy protein market. In 2019, Europe Dairy Protein Market share is consolidated by the top players present in the market. Dairy Protein top 10 companies are Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited, Euroserum, Glanbia plc, Idaho Milk Products, LAITA Group, Milk Specialties, FrieslandCampina, Saputo Dairy, Erie Foods International, Inc. and Arla Foods, among others.
- In January 2020, Fonterra backs young farmers with MyMilk expansion, which would help in increasing the milk production.
- In October 2018, Glanbia agreed to acquire SlimFast for $350 million. SlimFast is a leading consumer brand in the $8 billion weight management nutrition market, an adjacency to the Glanbia Performance Nutrition brand portfolio.
- In October 2019, FrieslandCampina introduced recyclable cheese pack, which is a fully recyclable and lighter version of the resealable packaging for cheese.
1. Europe Dairy Protein Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Europe Dairy Protein Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Type
2.3 Key trends by Application
2.4 Key trends by Country
3. Europe Dairy Protein Market - Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking – Key Companies
3.2 Financial Analysis – Key Companies
3.3 Market Value Split by Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis – Key Companies
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Europe Dairy Protein Market - Startup Companies Scenario (Premium)
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Europe Dairy Protein Market - Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium (Premium)
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Europe Dairy Protein Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters five force model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Europe Dairy Protein Market - Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. Europe Dairy Protein Market - By Type (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
8.1 Milk protein Concentrates (MPCs)
8.2 Milk Protein Isolates (MPIs)
8.3 Milk Calcium
8.4 Milk Powder Alternatives
8.4.1 Skimmed Milk
8.4.2 Full Cream Milk
8.5 Whey Protein Concentrates (WPCs)
8.6 Whey Protein Isolates (WPIs)
8.7 Whey Protein Hydrolysates
8.8 Whey Powder
8.11 Lactose & its Derivatives
9. Europe Dairy Protein Market - By Source (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
10. Europe Dairy Protein Market - By Form (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
11. Europe Dairy Protein Market - By Application (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
11.1 Bakery & Confectionary
11.2 Frozen & Dairy Products
11.2.2 Milk Drinks
11.2.4 Ice Cream
11.3 Infant Nutrition
11.4 Sports Nutrition
11.5 Clinical Nutrition
11.6.1 Hair Care
11.6.2 Skin Care & Decorative/Make Up
12. Europe Dairy Protein Market - By Country (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
12.7 Rest of Europe
13. Europe Dairy Protein Market - Entropy
14. Europe Dairy Protein Market - Industry/Segment Competition Landscape (Premium)
14.1 Market Share Analysis
14.1.1 Europel Market Share – Key Companies
14.1.2 Market Share by Countries – Key Companies
14.1.3 Best Practices for Companies
15. Europe Dairy Protein Market - Key Company List by Country Premium (Premium)
16. Europe Dairy Protein Market Company Analysis
16.1 Company 1
16.2 Company 2
16.3 Company 3
16.4 Company 4
16.5 Company 5
16.6 Company 6
16.7 Company 7
16.8 Company 8
16.9 Company 9
16.10 Company 10 and more
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.