The global Sandboxing Market is estimated to surpass $9.8 billion by 2024 growing at an estimated rate of more than 28.3% during 2018 to 2024 majorly driven by the significant investment deployed to develop advanced cyber security through sandboxing. Further the growing emphasis towards sandbox security and advanced threat protection is also set to propel the market growth in the future.
What is Sandboxing?
Sandboxing is an approach of managing software in which isolating applications from various programs, threatening resources and helps in advanced threat protection. Sandbox security plays a crucial role in computers. Sandboxing has a capacity of extra security in which it helps in preventing malware, viruses and other harmful or dangerous applications from affecting systems, phones, laptops, and other devices. In general, sandbox is also known as development server, test server and working directory for an application.
Through the technique of sandboxing, it is easy to create restricted execution environments that are used to run untrusted files or programs. Sandboxing helps in detecting unknown malware or viruses with minimum risk of false alarms. It also offers a platform to test viruses and malware in systems. Today, many of the systems which are using by us are sandboxed already.
This report incorporates an in-depth assessment of Sandboxing market by component, deployment, organization size, applications, end user industries and geography. The major components of sandboxes encompassed in the scope includes solutions and services. Solutions are segmented into standalone and integrated solutions. Services are segmented into professional and managed services.
What are the major applications for Sandboxing?
The major end users assessed for sandboxing include Banking, Insurance, Finance (BFSI), Healthcare, Manufacturing industries, IT & Telecom industries and Government. A broad range of sandboxing applications include advanced threat protection, sandbox security and data protection among others. The capital expenditure of major companies in the pursuit of Sandboxing in many software companies have also escalated significantly since the last decade as cyber security threats continue to grow.
Market Research and Market Trends of Sandboxing
- Innovations in financial and banking technologies such as digital platforms, online peer to peer lending, biometrics and many more technologies require sandboxing. For example, in banking sector, there has been an increasing shift online and usage of computers has been increasing. These applications contain confidential information and much more data. Sandboxing helps in protecting the data and this has been led to the tremendous innovation of new startups based on sandboxing. Recently, Deshpande Foundation had set up a sandbox startup in the field of Electronic systems and Design manufacturing (ESDM) in Karnataka.
- Sandboxes which traditionally depend on dynamic analysis i.e., they observe and analyze the behavior of malware within their location by executing and emulating its binaries. Malware or antiviruses such as Cerber (RANSOM_CERBER) ransomware and CrypMIC (RANSOM_CRYPMIC) are analyzed with the help of CPUID commands to check whether they are running on a virtual machine.
- Recently, in 2018, VirusTotal an IT tool company, had launched its new sandbox technology “Droidy” which is an android based sandbox technology. This sandbox technology is used for analyzing behavior of android apps and producing reports for end users.
- Sandboxes with deep discovery analyzer, which helps in detecting malware in highest rates with less false positives and this has become the major trend in sandboxing technology. Custom sandboxing uses these deep discovery appliances and are also difficult to hack the systems. If a threat or malware is detected, security solutions are updated automatically by deep discovery analyzers.
- Regulatory sandboxes are being implemented in many countries as they are used in helping startups experiments with new services and products in safe environment. Governmental investment in this software is also on the rise.
Who are the Major Players in Sandboxing market?
The companies referred to in the market research report includes Cisco Systems Inc (U.S.), Symantec Corporation (U.S.), Ceedo Technologies Ltd (U.S.), Palo Alto Networks, Inc (U.S.), Sophos Ltd (U.K.) and so on.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
1. Sandboxing Market Overview
2. Executive Summary
3. Sandboxing Market Landscape
3.1. Market Share Analysis
3.2. Comparative Analysis
3.2.1. Product Benchmarking
3.2.2. End User profiling
3.2.3. Patent Analysis
3.2.4. Top 5 Financials Analysis
4. Sandboxing Market Forces
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Constraints
4.3. Market Challenges
4.4. Attractiveness of the Industry
4.4.1. Power of Suppliers
4.4.2. Power of Customers
4.4.3. Threat of New entrants
4.4.4. Threat of Substitution
4.4.5. Degree of Competition
5. Sandboxing Market – Strategic Analysis
5.1. Value Chain Analysis
5.2. Pricing Analysis
5.3. Opportunities Analysis
5.4. Product/Market Life Cycle Analysis
5.5. Suppliers and Distributors
6. Sandboxing Market - By Component
6.2.1. Professional Services
18.104.22.168. Professional Consulting
22.214.171.124. Support & Maintenance
126.96.36.199. Training & Education
6.2.2. Managed Services
7. Sandboxing Market - By Deployment
7.2. Virtual Appliance
7.3.1. Hybrid Cloud
7.3.2. Private Cloud
8. Sandboxing Market - By Organization Size
8.1. Large Scale Enterprises
8.2. Small & Medium Scale Enterprises
9. Sandboxing Market - By Applications
9.1. Network Security
9.1.1. Intrusion Prevention
9.1.2. Advanced Threat Protection
9.2. Data (User) Protection
9.2.1. Endpoint Security
9.2.2. Email Security
9.2.3. Web Security
9.2.4. SaaS Application Security
9.3. Safe Web Browsing
9.4. Application Testing
9.5. Others (Operating System Sandboxing)
10. Sandboxing Market – By End User Industries
10.2. BFSI (Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance)
10.2.1.1. Investment Banking
10.2.1.2. Commercial Banking
10.2.1.3. Corporate Banking
10.2.2. Financial Services
10.2.2.1. Payment Gateways
10.3. Government Sector
10.3.1. Law Enforcement
10.3.3. Law Enforcement
10.4. IT & Telecom
10.4.1. Software Industries
10.4.2. Mobile Networks
10.5.1. Pharmaceutical Services
10.7.1. Departmental Stores
10.7.2. Warehouse Stores
10.8. Others (Construction, Manufacturing, Environment)
11. Sandboxing Market - By Geography
11.1. North America
11.2. South America
11.3. Eastern Europe
11.3.3. Czech Republic
11.4. Western Europe
11.5.4. South Korea
11.6. Middle East
11.6.1. Saudi Arabia
11.7.1. South Africa
12. Market Entropy
12.1. New Product Launches
12.2. M&As, Collaborations, JVs, Partnership
13. Company Profiles
13.1. Cisco Systems Inc (U.S.)
13.2. Symantec Corporation (U.S.)
13.3. Ceedo Technologies Ltd (U.S.)
13.4. Palo Alto Networks Inc (U.S.)
13.5. Sophos Ltd (U.K.)
13.6. Company 6
13.7. Company 7
13.8. Company 8
13.9. Company 9
*More than 10 Companies are profiled in this Research Report*
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
14.3. Research Methodology
14.5. Compilation of Expert Insights