The global wireless health monitoring market was estimated to value close to $4 billion in 2017 and it is estimated to witness a healthy growth during 2018-2023. The growing penetration of IoT across various industrial sector such as oil and gas, power, healthcare, public infrastructure and so on, to achive higher operational efficiency is poised to assist the market growth in the upcoming future.
What is Wireless Health Monitoring Market?
Wireless health monitoring incorporates the use of various sensors to monitor various conditional parameters of the subject under observation. The data generated from the sensors are then wirelessly acquired and further processed to generate various analytical results. These results can be used by the global wireless health monitoring market which is segmented by offering type, system type, end user and geography. The report also gives an in-depth analysis of various types of system including patient health monitoring, structural health monitoring and machine health monitoring system.
Recent developments in the field of battery less power solutions, such as passive sensing and energy harvesting systems and so on, are set to propel the wireless health monitoring system market in the future. Passive sensors and energy harvesting systems feature battery less operation or minimal dependency on battery. These technologies are currently being explored to develop wireless sensing nodes which feature low cost, robustness, high product life, neglible or minimal operating cost and many others. These are analyzed to drive the adoption of these systems in untapped markets, which were earlier constrained due to restricted battery use or wired sensing nodes.
What are the Applications for Wireless Health Monitoring?
The various end users include healthcare, industrial and infrastructure. The parameters monitored through wireless health monitoring systems employed in the industrial and infrastructure verticals include vibration, pressure, temperature, corrosion, deflection, lubrication and so on. Patient health monitoring systems employed in the healthcare sector majorly focus on monitoring vital signs, medication, fitness, chronic diseases and so on.
Market Research and Market Trends of Wireless Health Monitoring
- BioTel Care, a leading wireless medical technology company recently launched next generation wireless glucose monitor for diabetes management. The device feature cellular connectivity and supports real-time transmission and warehousing of patient data on a cloud database. This data can be further accessed by clinicians through the cloud to monitor and provide immediate feedback on the same.
- Nihon Kohden, one of the leading manufacturer and distributor of electronic medical equipment, launched a wirless patient monitoring system, the NK-HIQ. The system is a Wifi based smart as well as secured data acquisition and management solution for patient monitoring from admission to discharge.
- LORD MicroStrain, a U.S. based expert in developing and manufacturing miniature wireless sensing hardware and software, launched G-Link-200-OEM sensor, for wirless vibration and shock measurement for space constrained condition monitoring applications.
- Metamaterial Technologies Inc., one of the leaders in developing smart materials and photonics, acquired Medical Wireless Sensing Ltd., (Mediwise) a U.K. based expert on metametrials for medical applications. The acquisitions would assist the company to develop non-invasive wireless medical diagnostics and monitoring solutions with use of the Mediwise’s patent metamaterials.
Who are the Major Players in Wireless Health Monitoring?
The companies referred in the market research report includes Nihon Kohden Corporation (Japan), GE Company (U.S), Emerson Electric Company (U.S.), Parker-Hannifin Corporation (U.S.), SKF AB (Sweden), ABB Ltd (Switzerland), Banner Engineering Corp (U.S.), Sensor-Works Ltd (U.K.) and so on.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
1. Wireless Health Monitoring Market Overview
2. Executive Summary
3. Wireless Health Monitoring Market Landscape
3.1. Market Share Analysis
3.2. Comparative Analysis
3.2.1. Competitor Benchmarking
3.2.2. Patent Analysis
3.2.3. Top 5 Financials Analysis
4. Wireless Health Monitoring Market Forces
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Constraints
4.3. Market Challenges
4.4. Attractiveness of the Industry
4.4.1. Power of Suppliers
4.4.2. Power of Customers
4.4.3. Threat of New entrants
4.4.4. Threat of Substitution
4.4.5. Degree of Competition
5. Wireless Health Monitoring Market – Strategic Analysis
5.1. Value Chain Analysis
5.2. Pricing Analysis
5.3. Opportunities Analysis
5.4. Product/Market Life Cycle Analysis
6. Wireless Health Monitoring Market – By Offering Type
6.1.1. Sensing Modules
6.1.2. Receiver and Transmitters
6.1.3. Gateways, Switches and Terminals
7. Wireless Health Monitoring Market – By Connectivity
8. Wireless Health Monitoring Market – By System Type
8.1. Structural Health Monitoring System
8.1.1. Stress, Strain & Hotspot Monitoring
8.1.2. Deflection Monitoring
8.1.3. Leak Detection
8.1.4. Pressure Monitoring
8.1.5. Fire Detection
8.2. Machine Health Monitoring System
8.2.1. Vibration Monitoring
8.2.2. Lubricant Analysis
8.2.3. Temperature Monitoring
8.2.4. Corrosion Monitoring
8.3. Patient Health Monitoring System
8.3.1. Vital Sign Monitoring
8.3.2. Medication Management
8.3.3. Chronic Disease Monitoring
8.3.4. Fitness and Wellness Monitoring
9. Wireless Health Monitoring Market – By End User
9.1.2. Ambulatory Centers
9.1.4. Diagnostic Centers
9.1.5. Nursing Homes
9.1.6. Elder Care Facilities
9.2.1. Aerospace and Defense
9.2.4. Oil and Gas
10. Wireless Health Monitoring Market - By Geography
10.3.3. South Korea
10.3.5. Australia and New Zealand
10.4.1. Middle East
11. Market Entropy
11.1. New Product Launches
11.2. M&As, Collaborations, JVs, Partnership
12. Company Profiles
12.1. Nihon Kohden Corporation (Japan)
12.2. GE Company (U.S)
12.3. Emerson Electric Company (U.S.)
12.4. Parker-Hannifin Corporation (U.S.)
12.5. SKF AB (Sweden)
12.6. ABB Ltd (Switzerland)
12.7. Banner Engineering Corp (U.S.)
12.8. Sensor-Works Ltd (U.K.)
12.9. Company 9
12.10. Company 10
*More than 10 Companies are profiled in this Research Report*
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
13.3. Research Methodology
13.5. Compilation of Expert Insights