The global Electric Axle Drive and Wheel Drive market is estimated to surpass $10 billion by 2023 and is estimated to witness a prominent growth during 2018-2023 owing to the gradual shift in adoption of electric vehicles especially in the commercial and industrial sector. The growing adoption of automated guided vehicles, mobile electric material handling vehicles due to penetration of automation is set to drive the market growth in the future.
What is Electric Axle Drive and Wheel Drive Market?
Electric Axle Drive incorporates the traction motor along with gear train, motor drives and other power electronics in-built into one sub assembly which can be directly coupled with the rear axle of the electric vehicle. Wheel Drive units are traction drive sub assemblies which includes wheel hub and tire, traction motor, gear drives, brakes and so on which can be directly mounted to the vehicle. These modular sub assemblies are designed on various factors including loading factor, speed requirement, reduction ratio, torque, area of use, vehicle type and so on.
The Electric Axle Drive and Wheel Drive market report includes an in-depth analysis of various drives based on motor types such as induction motor, brushless motor, permanent magnet AC motor and so on. By drive type the report gives an assessment of axle drive market by fully electric and hybrid types. The report also includes a comprehensive study of the market by type of vehicles as pure electric, hybrid and plug in hybrid.
What are the Applications for Electric Axle Drive and Wheel Drive Units?
The various end users of electric axle drive and wheel drive units include passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles and others. Under the other section the electric vehicles such as AGVs, aerial lifts and mobile cranes, light and medium duty utility vehicles are considered. Electric axle drives are majorly used for passenger and commercial vehicles, where as wheel drives are specifically designed for AGVs, cleaners and other utility vehicles. The compact and modular design of these sub assemblies avails the car makers to design the power train in a much cost effective and scalable manner, thereby reducing the complexity of the final assembly. Further the presence of integrated systems such as power electronics and braking system in electric axle drive and wheel dive units respectively, lowers the production time and time to market their products
Market Research and Market Trends of Electric Axle Drive and Wheel Drive:
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG, one of the leading German car parts manufacturer, recently launched electrified Automated Manual Transmission (eAMT) which incorporates an automated manual transmission and electric axle drive system in one unit. This subassembly is designed for hybridization of front-transverse vehicles.
- Mercedes-Benz, a German based automakers in the field of luxury vehicles and a division of Diamler AG, is planning to launch an electric bus, eCitaro by the end of 2018. This model of the Citaro features ZF’s electric portal axle AVE 130 with motors at the wheel hubs and battery upto 243kWh capable for a 150Km range followed by payload capacity of around 88 passengers
- Elaphe Propulsion Technologies Ltd, a Slovenian company has developed an in-wheel drive unit capable of withstanding harsh environmental conditions. The wheel drive unit incorporates the complete hub with brakes, bearings, motor and so on, thereby providing ease of integration into the vehicle’s suspension system. This compact drive system truncates the need for powertrains and other heavy sub assemblies thereby reducing the weight and complexity of vehicle dynamics.
- Robert Bosch, GmbH, one of the leading key players in auto parts market, launched eAxle, a compact cost effective, modular,scalable and plug and play drive system for electric vehicles. The drive incorporates motor, transmission and power electronics combined into one unit which can be easily integrated into the vehicle.
- Protean Electric, a market leader in electric in-wheel drive systems, recently raised fundings valuing $40m in series E funsing round. This company has announced to use the investments to form a joint venture with Weifu, one of the biggest parts supplier in China, to commercialize it ProteanDrive PD18 motors at a larger scale.
Who are the Major Players in Wireless Health Monitoring?
The companies referred in the market research report includes Robert Bosch GmbH (Germany), ZF Friedrichshafen AG (Germany), GKN plc (U.K.), Ziehl-Abegg Automotive GmbH & Co. KG (Germany), Magna International Inc. (Canada), Continental AG (Germany) and so on.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
1. Electric Axle Drive and Wheel Drive Market Overview
2. Executive Summary
3. Electric Axle Drive and Wheel Drive Market Landscape
3.1. Market Share Analysis
3.2. Comparative Analysis
3.2.1. Competitor Benchmarking
3.2.2. Patent Analysis
3.2.3. Top 5 Financials Analysis
4. Electric Axle Drive and Wheel Drive Market Forces
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Constraints
4.3. Market Challenges
4.4. Attractiveness of the Industry
4.4.1. Power of Suppliers
4.4.2. Power of Customers
4.4.3. Threat of New entrants
4.4.4. Threat of Substitution
4.4.5. Degree of Competition
5. Electric Axle Drive and Wheel Drive Market – Strategic Analysis
5.1. Value Chain Analysis
5.2. Pricing Analysis
5.3. Opportunities Analysis
5.4. Product/Market Life Cycle Analysis
6. Electric Axle Drive and Wheel Drive Market – By Motor Type
6.1. Induction Motor
6.2. Permanent Magnet AC Motor
6.3. Brushless DC Motor
7. Electric Axle Drive Market – By Drive Type
7.1. Fully Electric
8. Electric Axle Drive and Wheel Drive Market – By Vehicle Type
8.1. Pure Electric Vehicle
8.2. Hybird Electric Vehicle
8.3. Plug In Hybrid Electric Vehicle
9. Electric Axle Drive and Wheel Drive Market – By End User
9.1. Passenger Vehicles
9.2. Commercial Vehicles
9.2.1. Light Commercial Vehicles
9.3. Other Vehicles
9.3.2. Electric Aerial Lifts and Mobile Cranes
9.3.3. Forlifts and Warehouse Trucks
9.3.4. Cleaning Vehicles
9.3.5. Light and Medium Duty Electric Utility Vehicles
10. Electric Axle Drive and Wheel Drive Market - By Geography
10.3.3. South Korea
10.3.5. Australia and New Zealand
10.4.1. Middle East
11. Market Entropy
11.1. New Product Launches
11.2. M&As, Collaborations, JVs, Partnership
12. Company Profiles
12.1. Robert Bosch GmbH (Germany)
12.2. ZF Friedrichshafen AG (Germany)
12.3. GKN plc (U.K.)
12.4. Ziehl-Abegg Automotive GmbH & Co. KG (Germany)
12.5. Magna International Inc. (Canada)
12.6. Continental AG (Germany)
12.7. Company 7
12.8. Company 8
12.9. Company 9
12.10. Company 10
*More than 10 Companies are profiled in this Research Report*
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
13.3. Research Methodology
13.5. Compilation of Expert Insights