The global titanium market is expected to grow at a high growth rate over the forecast period. The Aerospace industry is the largest application segment followed by healthcare and power. The Asia-Pacific is the fastest growing market for titanium. The increasing demand for titanium in the defense, shipping, aircraft, and chemical processing industries are driving the global titanium market.
What is Titanium?
Titanium is known for its excellent strength-to-weight ratio. The metal has high corrosion resistance at greater temperature as it forms a protective oxide coating over it. Due to its outstanding strength, it is mixed with various metals, such as steel, to increase their strength and corrosion resistant power. An alloy of titanium and steel has less weight compared to pure steel.
Titanium has unique properties such as high tensile strength, and low density. It has high resistance to corrosion, crack, fatigue and can withstand reasonably high temperatures without melting.. All these make titanium a perfect metal in armor plating, aircrafts, space crafts, naval ships, and missiles. Titanium is used in the chemicals and petrochemicals industries owing to its robust corrosion resistance property. Owing to its nontoxicity, titanium is also used in dental implants, and medical equipment such as sockets, and hip balls.
This report gives an in-depth analysis of the titanium market by product forms, grades, applications, and geography. The major applications of titanium encompassed within the scope of the report include aerospace, military, industrial process, automotive, construction, medical, sporting goods, jewelry, mobile phones, and others.
What are the major applications of Titanium?
The global Titanium market caters to various sectors such as aerospace, military, industrial process, automotive, construction, medical, sporting goods, jewelry, mobile phones, and others. Titanium is used in jet engine spinning application. Extensive chord fan blades made of Titanium increases efficiency along with noise reduction. Demand for titanium in growing faster in the aerospace industry as manufacturers are focusing on developing advanced engines to reduce lifecycle cost and processing cost.
Chemical processing manufacturers state that the titanium helps to improve the equipment life. In petroleum production, Titanium pipes known for flexibility and light weight are used in deep sea equipment. . Moreover, titanium’s resistance to corrosion and acid makes it an ideal metal in water management systems and in desalination plants globally.
Market Research and Market Trends of Titanium Market
- Titanium can be alloyed with many elements such as iron, aluminum, vanadium and molybdenum to manufacture strong, light weight alloys for jet engines, missiles, and spacecraft,-. Alloys containing titanium have strong corrosive property.
- Titanium is ideal metal to use in aircrafts, armor plating, naval ships, space crafts and missiles. Due to strong anti-corrosion property, titanium pipes are used in chemical and petrochemical industries. Nontoxic nature of Titanium enables its usage in medical equipment such as hip balls, sockets and dental implants.
- Asia-Pacific (APAC) is the fastest growing region for Titanium market and the market in APAC is anticipated to grow at a fast pace from 2016 to 2025. This can be attributed to the rapid growth of the application industries, including paints & coatings, plastics, and cosmetics in key economies of APAC.
- North America and Europe are the major markets for titanium, led by the upturn in growth of aerospace and marine industry.
Who are the Major Players in Titanium Market?
The companies referred to in this market research report include Allegheny Technologies Incorporated, Huntsman International, Iluka Resources Ltd, Ineos, RTI International Metals, Sumitomo Corporation, Toho Titanium Co., Ltd, and VSMPO-AVISMA Corporation.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
1. Titanium Market Overview
2. Executive Summary
3. Titanium Market Landscape
3.1. Market Share Analysis
3.2. Comparative Analysis
3.2.1. Product Benchmarking
3.2.2. End User Profiling
3.2.3. Patent Analysis
3.2.4. Top 5 Financials Analysis
4. Titanium Market Forces
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Constraints
4.3. Market Challenges
4.4. Attractiveness of the Industry
4.4.1. Power of Suppliers
4.4.2. Power of Customers
4.4.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4. Threat of Substitution
4.4.5. Degree of Competition
5. Titanium Market – Strategic Analysis
5.1. Value Chain Analysis
5.2. Pricing Analysis
5.3. Opportunities Analysis
5.4. Product/Market Life Cycle Analysis
5.5. Suppliers and Distributors
6. Titanium Market – By Form
6.5. Threaded Rod & Wire
6.9. Stub Ends
6.10. Screwed Fittings and Pipe Plugs
7. Titanium Market – By Grade
7.1. Ti 6Al-4V (Grade 5)
7.2. Ti 6AL-4V ELI (Grade 23)
7.3. Ti 3Al 2.5 (Grade 12)
7.4. Ti 5Al-2.5Sn (Grade 6)
8. Titanium Market – By Application
8.1.1. Jet Engines
8.1.4. Airplane Bodies
8.1.8. Fan Blades
8.1.9. Landing Gear
8.1.12. Fuel Tanks
8.3. Industrial Process
8.3.3. Distillation Towers
8.3.5. Heat-Exchange Equipment
8.4.1. Exhaust System
8.4.2. Silencer Systems
8.4.4. Connecting Rods
8.5.2. Exterior Walls
8.6.1. Hip and Knee Joints
8.6.2. Bone Screws
8.6.3. Bone Plates
8.6.4. Dental Implants
8.6.5. Surgical Devices
8.6.6. Pacemaker Cases
8.6.7. Spectacle Frames
8.6.8. Heart Valves
8.6.9. Pharmaceutical Equipment
8.7. Sporting Goods
8.7.1. Golf Heads
8.7.2. Tennis Rackets
8.7.3. Badminton Rackets
8.7.5. Hiking Sticks
8.7.6. Ski Poles
8.7.7. Ice Skates
8.9. Mobile Phones
9. Titanium Market – By Geography
9.4.1. Middle East
10. Market Entropy
10.1. New Product Launches
10.2. M&As, Collaborations, JVs, Partnerships
11. Company Profiles
11.1. Company 1
11.2. Company 2
11.3. Company 3
11.4. Company 4
11.5. Company 5
11.6. Company 6
11.7. Company 7
11.8. Company 8
11.11. Company 9
*More than 10 Companies are profiled in this Research Report*
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
12.3. Research Methodology
12.5. Compilation of Expert Insights