The global online k-8 education market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 7.5% during the forecast period 2018-2023. The increasing availability of internet infrastructure and the high penetration of smartphones and tablets are driving the growth of the online market. North America holds the highest market share of and is also estimated to grow with the highest CAGR.
What is online k-8 education?
Online education is the process of delivering information and instruction through the Internet to students. It is delivered in varying ways which include online courses, massive open online courses, and hybrid or blended courses.
What are the major applications for online k-8 education?
Online education eliminates the need for students to be present physically for each module or session, which is a part of the conventional mode of teaching. With online elementary, students are learning personalized programs and are receiving immediate feedback on their progress through course management systems. Students and parents prefer these because of its flexibility and is accessible when and where needed. With this online education, students can spend more time on the subjects in which they find difficulty.
Market Research and Market Trends of online k-8 education
- Platforms which facilitate learning through gaming are gaining popularity. Advancements in IT security and also, execution of cloud based solutions increased the adoption rate of online education system as now, people are enjoying a smooth and safe learning experience on online platforms.
- Virtual reality that has the capability of bringing the outside world to the classroom and is beneficial for people who prefer distance learning. Benefits that virtual reality has include experiential learning, enhanced engagement, and improved retention. VR helps students to visualize concepts that are taught in videos and textbooks.
- The flipped classrooms models are been adopted by many schools which turns everything around, swapping the time devoted to homework and class lectures. Where the home work is done in classroom and the class sessions are done at home through on-screen tutorials and video lecturers. Many science and math models have adopted this flipped classroom models to help their students when needed.
- Artificial intelligence is shaping education sector and is making the life easier. AI will help ease the workload for teachers significantly by performing automated grading. Also, AI will be able to focus on individualized learning, and also will take note of how individual students learn and where they struggle.
Who are the Major Players in online k-8 education market?
The companies referred in the market research report includes Adobe systems, Apollo education group, Blackboard education group, cisco, Citrix systems Inc., Microsoft, oracle, Pearson, SAP SE.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
1. Online k-8 education Market Overview
2. Executive Summary
3. Online k-8 education Market Landscape
3.1. Market Share Analysis
3.2. Comparative Analysis
3.2.1. Product Benchmarking
3.2.2. End User profiling
3.2.3. Patent Analysis
3.2.4. Top 5 Financials Analysis
4. Online k-8 education Market Forces
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Constraints
4.3. Market Challenges
4.4. Attractiveness of the Industry
4.4.1. Power of Suppliers
4.4.2. Power of Customers
4.4.3. Threat of New entrants
4.4.4. Threat of Substitution
4.4.5. Degree of Competition
5. Online k-8 education Market – Strategic Analysis
5.1. Value Chain Analysis
5.2. Pricing Analysis
5.3. Opportunities Analysis
5.4. Product/Market Life Cycle Analysis
5.5. Suppliers and Distributors
6. Online k-8 education Market - By Type
6.2. Educational apps
6.3. Online public/online private course
7. Online k-8 education Market- By model/platform
7.2. Big data/analytics
7.3. LMS/virtual learning environments
7.4. Other complex models
8. Online k-8 education Market- By Learning mode
9. Online k-8 education Market - By Grade
9.1. Elementary education(1-5)
9.2. Junior high education(6-8)
10. Online k-8 education market- By Courses
10.1.3. Functional Language
10.4. Social studies
10.7. World languages
10.8. High School Electives
10.8.1. Personal Finance
10.8.2. Health Science
10.8.3. Digital Photography
10.8.4. Web Design
11. Online k-8 education Market- by Funding agencies
11.1. U.S. K-12 Ed Banks
11.2. Public Organization & Associations
11.3. Private companies
11.5. VCs and Angel investors
11.6. Publication companies
12. Online k-8 education Market- By End-Users
12.1. Ed-tech companies
12.2. Educational institutes
12.3. Online courses
13. Online k-8 education Substrate Market - By Geography
13.1. North America
13.1.4. Rest of North America
13.2. South America
13.2.7. Costa Rica
13.2.8. Rest of South America
13.3.9. Rest of Europe
13.4.4. South Korea
13.4.8. Hong Kong
13.4.9. Rest of APAC
13.5. Middle East& Africa
13.5.2. South Africa
13.5.3. Saudi Arabia
13.6. Rest of Middle East and Africa
14. Market Entropy
14.1. New Product Launches
14.2. M&As, Collaborations, JVs, Partnership
15. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials, SWOT Analysis, Developments, Product Portfolio)
15.1. Adobe systems
15.2. Apollo education group
15.3. Blackboard education group
15.4. Citrix systems Inc.
15.5. Company 5
15.6. Company 6
15.7. Company 7
15.8. Company 8
15.9. Company 9
*More than 10 Companies are profiled in this Research Report*
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
16.3. Research Methodology
16.5. Compilation of Expert Insights